Author Topic: December 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23920 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: December 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:06 am »
A friend suprised me by giving a complete SNES for my birthday,
Can someone recommend me some games please :D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

spac316

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2014, 12:43:49 pm »
Recent pick ups! (as well as the aforementioned Phantasy Star games in my previous post.)
Burai Fighter for NES, Super Ghouls N Ghosts for SNES, WWF Super Wrestlemania for Genesis, Fighters Destiny 1 & 2 and Mickey's Speedway USA for N64!

Nice! How much did those Genesis games set you back?
The Phantasy Star games were about $30+ each from the store I bought them from. Not to expensive but not a deal to brag about. The WWF game was cheap though. Super Ghouls N Ghosts was $13 and that's not bad. Kind of surprised it cost that much considering what a lot of old Capcom games are going for. Not that I'm complaining.
The other Nintendo games were each ten dollars and under.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:45:43 pm by spac316 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2014, 12:57:27 pm »
A friend suprised me by giving a complete SNES for my birthday,
Can someone recommend me some games please :D

Absolute MUST HAVES:

-Chrono Trigger
-Donkey Kong Country
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Sim City (even better than the PC version, IMO)
-Super Mario All-Stars (if you don't already have an NES with the first 3 Mario games)
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Mario World
-Super Metroid
-X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

Some other good ones:

-Breath of Fire 1 & 2
-F-Zero
-Final Fight 2 & 3
-Gradius III
-Hook
-Illusion of Gaia
-Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems
-Maximum Carnage (Spider-Man & Venom)
-Super R-Type
-Super Street Fighter II
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:19:26 am by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »
My personal must haves for SNES are :

FFIII (Otherwise known as FFVI) - Arguably the best FF game out there.

SMRPG - A unique experience game wise and something that anyone that is into RPGs should have

Super Metroid - One of the best games ever made ... period

Zelda : Link to the past - Probably the best Zelda title ever to be produced

Chrono Trigger -  The epitome of awesome 16 bit RPG

Super Mario all stars & world - Nothing needs to be said about this :)

bobster

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:56 pm »

Super Mario RPG - A unique experience game wise and something that anyone that is into RPGs should have

Just in case they didn't know what the acronym meant  :).
Currently Playing: The Witcher

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2014, 01:39:22 pm »
Thanks i'll be on the look-out for those games ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 02:24:52 pm »
My friend gave me some of his old systems a while back, and i am about to sell the extra nes and SNES... so i opened the NES and I found '
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game :D, that was a nice surprise!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »
Finally! I just got my Class of Heroes 2G!  :D I can't wait to play it this week-end. I'm a bit disappointed by a small detail though, didn't they say that there would be a holographic sticker on the game with number X of Y total?  :-\

Anyway, it's really a detail, and I'm pretty happy to have it in my hands now.

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:31 pm »
Went into my favorite game store today and some guy was trading in a bunch of stuff along with a CIB copy of Steel Battalion for the original XBOX. As soon as the guy got his money and left, I asked the person at the counter, who also happens to be the owner of the game store how much he was going to charge for it. He told me to make an offer on it, which I did. I offered him $50 and he took it! Oh no, he wasn't finished though!

They had ANOTHER almost CIB Steel Battalion in the back of the store that was only missing the foot pedals and asked if I wanted it. At first I thought he was asking if I wanted to buy that one too, but I still expressed interest. He then said I could have it! No extra charge!

So I picked up two Steel Battalions, one complete, the other almost complete for only $50! I am still on a high from this pickup. I've wanted one of these for such a long time, didn't realize I'd end up getting two the same day :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 11:04:48 pm »
Went into my favorite game store today and some guy was trading in a bunch of stuff along with a CIB copy of Steel Battalion for the original XBOX. As soon as the guy got his money and left, I asked the person at the counter, who also happens to be the owner of the game store how much he was going to charge for it. He told me to make an offer on it, which I did. I offered him $50 and he took it! Oh no, he wasn't finished though!

They had ANOTHER almost CIB Steel Battalion in the back of the store that was only missing the foot pedals and asked if I wanted it. At first I thought he was asking if I wanted to buy that one too, but I still expressed interest. He then said I could have it! No extra charge!

So I picked up two Steel Battalions, one complete, the other almost complete for only $50! I am still on a high from this pickup. I've wanted one of these for such a long time, didn't realize I'd end up getting two the same day :p

Amazing! Congrats!

I was just talking about this in the rare PS2/XBox thread in the Classic Games section of the board. I just mentioned how I want to play this with the complete set-up at least once, like 2 minutes ago.

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:58 pm »

Amazing! Congrats!

I was just talking about this in the rare PS2/XBox thread in the Classic Games section of the board. I just mentioned how I want to play this with the complete set-up at least once, like 2 minutes ago.

LOL that's awesome! Once things wind down a little I want to set that bad boy up and try it out. I heard it's hard as hell though.

argyle

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2014, 09:04:23 am »

That's incredible! The game is awesome, and I kick myself every time I think about it because I had the full set & sold it years ago. :(

EDIT: Don't suppose you'd consider selling the foot pedal-less one? ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2014, 09:36:41 am »

That's incredible! The game is awesome, and I kick myself every time I think about it because I had the full set & sold it years ago. :(

EDIT: Don't suppose you'd consider selling the foot pedal-less one? ;)

I haven't decided whether or not I'll be keeping it (it would be awesome to do two player locally with this thing after getting a foo pedal for the second controller). But if I did sell it, it would have to be locally just due to the sheer size and weight of this thing. It gives me anxiety even thinking how much this thing would cost to ship lol

kevininja

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

Both on 3DS.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »

Bad ass!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730