Author Topic: What are your 2014 game collecting goals?  (Read 5384 times)

bobster

Re: What are your 2014 game collecting goals?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36:35 pm »

Yeah, they are expensive. That's why I'm giving myself a year.

Thanks man! I plan on spending tomorrow making some videos. A new SG Awesome and something new if I have time.

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for it. I subscribed so I'll be doing that from now one. I grew up a nintendo boy so learning about Sega's early stuff is really interesting to me.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »
This is a question that's getting harder for me to answer every year. The core of my collection is done, its been done for a couple of years now. That being said I don't think it will ever be completely done. There will always be other goodies to find.

In 2013 I got some long awaited things that have been goals for at least a year or more, like a Tandy Coco disk drive and controller, a CIB version of Mario XE, a couple of rarer CIB Atari 7800 games, NES vaus controller, power base converter, a nice CIB Atari 2600 with matching serial numbers, a Commodore 64, a Famicom to NES converter and some Famicom games, and a PS3.

My one goal from the last two years, which is still unfulfilled, is to find an atari 800 computer. I have 800XL's and a couple of XEGS's but the 400/800 line of computers will play some carts that the others won't (at least without a translator disk). Wouldn't mind a disk drive too.

Will also continue to work on my Commodore 64 collection. Have just a half dozen carts at the moment. Maybe a disk drive for it as well

Also some select Wii, PS3, and NES carts but nothing must have, just some nice to have games.

I don't buy "shelf filler" anymore. I'm long past that. Who knows what else 2014 may bring :)

90snostalga

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 10:43:56 pm »

Yeah, they are expensive. That's why I'm giving myself a year.

Thanks man! I plan on spending tomorrow making some videos. A new SG Awesome and something new if I have time.

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for it. I subscribed so I'll be doing that from now one. I grew up a nintendo boy so learning about Sega's early stuff is really interesting to me.

Not sure if you have watching all of his videos yet, but if not, I recommend to go in order and start with SG Awesome episode 1.  The first episode begins excellent and so in deph to the beginnings of Sega.  To me, watching in order is like watching a Sega Documentary DVD by chapters or something.  Very good. 

karyann

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 12:50:54 am »
2014 goals

1. Buy more Atlus games

I like how you think  ;) I didn't write it since I don't have a quantity to put on the goal, but it's also part of my goals since a few months! I missed out on so many awesome games.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:38 am »
2. Keep up with new Final Fantasy Releases
Fixed!   ;D

Are current Final Fantasy games still good?  I stopped at Final Fantasy IX and found Final Fantasy X annoying.  Square-Enix-wise, Bravely Default and Murdered: Soul Suspect look pretty good outside of Final Fantasy titles.  Since they own Eidos, Batman: Arkham ..., Thief, Deus Ex, and Tomb Raider series are also great titles.

I do agree with you on keeping up with new releases, though!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 01:50:14 am »
I have been buying and collecting pretty hardcore for several years now (accumulating around 500 games per year), but this year I'm trying to focus on playing a lot more games than I buy. Started the year off right by playing a game I've sadly never played before, Chrono Trigger. I am almost to the end where you fight Lavos and God Damn, it is an excellent RPG. Was going to take on Earthbound, also for the first time, next. Here's to a good year of gaming and collecting!

Oh by the way, hello everyone! New here. I am a Gamespot refugee since they abandoned their retro community and hammered the last nail into their site's coffin. Hope to meet some cool gamers here. Also have about 90% of my collection cataloged so far if anyone is interested in seeing what I got.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:57:55 am by bikingjahuty »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 11:21:47 am »
Oh by the way, hello everyone! New here. I am a Gamespot refugee since they abandoned their retro community and hammered the last nail into their site's coffin. Hope to meet some cool gamers here. Also have about 90% of my collection cataloged so far if anyone is interested in seeing what I got.

Welcome to the site Bikingjahuty  ;D

We also have a more "official" "Introductions" thread if you want to say "Hello" to everyone all at once  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

Welcome to the site Bikingjahuty  ;D

We also have a more "official" "Introductions" thread if you want to say "Hello" to everyone all at once  ;)

Just did :). Thanks for the warm welcome!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 03:49:37 pm »
Bump this so we can find it.