Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47351 times)

tpugmire

Re: amiibo
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2014, 07:20:48 pm »
I just stopped in at Best Buy to get a copy of NES Remix while I was working (Shhh, don't tell anyone.) and I noticed that they had a bunch of Luigi's and Pit's, not much else though.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2014, 09:30:45 pm »
I just stopped in at Best Buy to get a copy of NES Remix while I was working (Shhh, don't tell anyone.) and I noticed that they had a bunch of Luigi's and Pit's, not much else though.

GET HIM!!!!

lol but seriously, I wish my Best Buy would hurry the hell up and get them in stock. They were supposed to have them yesterday, nope. Called back today, nope. I'm told their next truck comes in Friday. I have it preordered, but I'm still worried I might not get it.

devancowan

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2014, 10:38:43 pm »
Amazon just shipped my preorder of pit and captain falcon !

tpugmire

« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:36 am »
After seeing how much they are going for on eBay, I'm tempted to go back and buy a few to fund some other gaming purchases, but damn, I hate doing that kind of thing.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2015, 01:06:27 pm »
I don't know whether to smash this thing into a million pieces or hold it and cry. I FINALLY tracked this son of a bitch down!

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2015, 01:59:01 pm »
Make sure you have Fox and Samus in your collection, those look like they could be the next ones not getting restocked.

devancowan

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2015, 04:24:22 pm »
Just picked up two diddy kong amiibos today just because they were there. I only plan to keep one and was wondering if anyone wanted to trade me something for it. If not ill probably just put it on eBay!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2015, 07:14:39 pm »
Make sure you have Fox and Samus in your collection, those look like they could be the next ones not getting restocked.

That's basically what my goal was today found  them at toys 'r' us got the last Fox they had and I already had Samus but there were about 15 of her so if anyone needs them that's where I say you should check first also they were buy 1 get 1 40% off.

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2015, 08:00:57 am »
I just got marth. Only pit villager and pikachu to go

« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2015, 12:23:21 pm »
The only store near me selling them is Walmart and the only thing they ever got was the phase one figures. Some are still sitting there from November. Never restocked ever. Pisses me off because I'm missing out on all the other waves. I'm gonna have to basically preorder what I can of phase 3.

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2015, 07:27:29 pm »
Wave 4 strategy:

Preorder Lucina, then preorder Ness, then preorder Robin, then Pacman, then Charizard, then Wario.

All I need now is for someone to post their damn wave 4 preorders :p

abe

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »
I'll repeat what I said earlier in the Amiibo trade thread in case anybody missed out on the news:

Important info! Nintendo will be reprinting the Marth Amiibo according to this morning's Nintendo Direct. :D Robin and Lucina Amiibo figures have also been confirmed. Hopefully this means we'll see some more rare Amiibos getting reprints soon.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/14/nintendo-will-release-marth-amiibos-north-america/

I actually meant to post it here to begin with, but for some reason I couldn't find this thread. I guess I didn't look very hard. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2015, 10:13:59 pm »
Important info! Nintendo will be reprinting the Marth Amiibo according to this morning's Nintendo Direct. :D Robin and Lucina Amiibo figures have also been confirmed. Hopefully this means we'll see some more rare Amiibos getting reprints soon.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/14/nintendo-will-release-marth-amiibos-north-america/

It's about fucking time.

argyle

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2015, 10:27:30 pm »
Question: have they said if there's going to be any non-aesthetic difference between the "new" Mario/Luigi/etc. figures & the existing ones? Because I definitely think I'm drawing the line at buying multiple versions of the same character, but it's going to be dirty if the new character unlocks something in, say, the new Mario Party that the existing one doesn't. 

Also, the new Luigi pose is infinitely better than the stupid one they gave us to begin with.  :-X
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2015, 10:40:57 pm »
Question: have they said if there's going to be any non-aesthetic difference between the "new" Mario/Luigi/etc. figures & the existing ones?

Also, the new Luigi pose is infinitely better than the stupid one they gave us to begin with.  :-X

From what I've read so far, there is no functional difference between new and old versions of Amiibo of the same character.

Also, stupid Smash Bros Luigi pose Amiibo is best version. 8)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)