Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47324 times)

devancowan

Re: amiibo
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »
Here in Canada we still haven't gotten Gold Mario yet. I managed to preorder one on BestBuy and I believe its released April 10th?

azure

« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:50 am »
Welp I had no clue Gold Mario went on sell today, and naturally I was too late. Every Walmart around sold out of them at 12:45 am this morning :(.

Not very likely, but I'd be interested if anyone finds a spare!

I found out you had to be there two hours before midnight just to get them reserved.  It was kinda garbage how they handled them.  Not enough in stock and unless you had planned to camp out for one in the store (I'm not gonna camp out for a damned amiibo), you were guaranteed to not have a chance at them.
I've been hearing this a lot, I arrived at my local Walmart around 11:30 and signed my name and got one pretty painlessly.

« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2015, 08:19:58 pm »
Managed to grab the last Toad at Toys R Us today.  Is he abit on the harder to find side at all? I went to Gamestop and they had none, I had forgotten he came out, and when I went to Toys R Us, they had dozens of everyone else, but only one Toad left lol It was nice thought that they had at the counter for them "one to a customer" posted, not that it mattered too much for the dozen Luigi, dozen bowser, dozen yoshi, and dozen peach ones out on display lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2015, 12:58:00 pm »
Managed to grab the last Toad at Toys R Us today.  Is he abit on the harder to find side at all? I went to Gamestop and they had none, I had forgotten he came out, and when I went to Toys R Us, they had dozens of everyone else, but only one Toad left lol It was nice thought that they had at the counter for them "one to a customer" posted, not that it mattered too much for the dozen Luigi, dozen bowser, dozen yoshi, and dozen peach ones out on display lol

One thing to keep in mind is that Toad is the only new character of the lot. Everyone else has a smash bros version, so he's going to be in demand the most out of all of them.

bobster

« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2015, 01:44:49 pm »
Toad is available from Amazon. I bought one last night.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:34 pm »
My Podunk Walmart finally put the Gold Marios out. Guess what. I grabbed one for me and one for my brother.

soera

« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2015, 12:54:57 am »
Managed to grab the last Toad at Toys R Us today. 

Heh I had the same experience 2 days ago. :D

bobster

« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2015, 10:53:41 pm »
Managed to snag a Gold Mario Amiibo tonight. I happened to check the walmart website and it looked to be that a store close by had gotten a shipment in. Called them and sure enough they did. Check the website guys! Just arrived tonight apparently.

argyle

« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »
Got a spare Gold Mario if anyone needs it, cost + shipping. Brand new, but the very top (I'd say 1/2 inch) of the package was bent back in shipping. Perfect otherwise.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:41 pm »
Got a spare Gold Mario if anyone needs it, cost + shipping. Brand new, but the very top (I'd say 1/2 inch) of the package was bent back in shipping. Perfect otherwise.

If I didnt get lucky with a fellow VGCollector, Id take you up on this ... Very awesome to see the people on here helping out other VGC'ers. :D

bobster

« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:59 pm »
Welp we finally did it. After months of having packaged Amiibos scattered all over the house, we've decided to open them up.

The Aftermath:

It kills the collector part of me, but damn it, I'm going to use these things.

« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:54 pm »
Could've done the razor trick, which makes them usable, but keeps them in the box, but I'm with ya on opening them.  I had my Majora's Mask hardback guide still wrapped, and needed a hint for one of the final dungeons, almost second guessed myself, but I'm not particularly looking for a sealed collection lol

devancowan

« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2015, 10:34:10 pm »

Ill take you up on that offer if you still have him

soera

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2015, 11:30:29 pm »
Welp we finally did it. After months of having packaged Amiibos scattered all over the house, we've decided to open them up.

Damn boss, did you have every one of them? Nice!

bobster

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:48 pm »

Damn boss, did you have every one of them? Nice!
Except for Donkey Kong from Wave 1, and some of the new Super Mario collection (I have gold mario and toad) we were lucky to have them all :D