Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47053 times)

argyle

Re: amiibo
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2015, 01:02:59 am »
I know for a fact that not a single Gamestop in my area got either Robin or Lucina.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2015, 01:09:12 am »
I know for a fact that not a single Gamestop in my area got either Robin or Lucina.

The TRU near me got quite a lot. I think they had about 12 of each. Target got 4 of each.

bobster

« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2015, 06:34:37 pm »
I called the Toys r us I hit up yesterday just out of curiosity to see if they had any Greninja's left. Sure enough, they had a handful. I got down there and grabbed the last one so I now have an extra Greninja. Need a Jigglypuff, Robin, and Lucina still.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »
I called the Toys r us I hit up yesterday just out of curiosity to see if they had any Greninja's left. Sure enough, they had a handful. I got down there and grabbed the last one so I now have an extra Greninja. Need a Jigglypuff, Robin, and Lucina still.

It blows me away how many Greninjas my local TRU got. They had at least 50, if not more.

bobster

« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2015, 07:12:35 pm »

It blows me away how many Greninjas my local TRU got. They had at least 50, if not more.
Yeah they really did it right this wave. Good on them.

foxhack

« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:48 pm »
Well it was just a matter of time before the bootleggers got in on the action.

These seem to be popping up in Brazil, of all places. Makes sense considering they get shafted with horrible taxes as it is.

Edit: On the other hand, bootleg figures are wonderful for a single reason: It will be cheaper for someone to create custom Amiibo designs without ruining a valuable figure. :p
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:54:59 pm by foxhack »

bobster

« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2015, 09:36:54 am »
If anyone didn't get their hands on a silver mario, walmart has them in stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Silver-Mario-Super-Mario-Series-Amiibo-Nintendo-WiiU-or-Nintendo-3DS-Nintendo-WiiU-Nintendo-3DS/44806908

There's 3 at a local store here. I'll help a homie or two out.

argyle

« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2015, 09:45:45 am »
If only there was a hidden stash of Lucina and Robin somewhere...

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

bobster

« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2015, 09:56:25 am »
Seriously. WTF happened to those Amiibo. All I need from this wave /sigh.

argyle

« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2015, 10:05:40 am »
Seriously. WTF happened to those Amiibo. All I need from this wave /sigh.

You & me both. The only 3 I'm missing right now period (besides the duplicates from the Mario Party line, I'll grab those next time they're on sale) are those 2 & Captain Falcon. I see Amazon has a Japanese Falcon that will be shipping Friday for $25, I'm tempted to do that.  :-\

« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2015, 02:50:22 pm »
Shots fired.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/09/disney-infinity-producer-bashes-amiibo-management-as-irresponsible-and-rude/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

And good on him.  It's incredibly awful that Nintendo is letting this still continue.  In some areas, they are slowly improving, but there's no reason they haven't simply made more significant amounts more stock, especially for exclusives and what will obviously be harder to find characters.  I wish they would just open up their own Amiibo store, you pre-order what you want way ahead of time, that way they know the stock amount to create, and then they ship it out directly to you.  Like what they did with Club Nintendo gifts.

abe

« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2015, 11:18:24 am »
Yaaay! Restocks incoming! ;D

The unicorns in this restock includes Villager, Fox, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon, Pit, Lucario, and Rosalina and Luma figurines. Other amiibo listed in the documents that are more common include Dark Pit, Green Yarn Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ness, Sonic, Zelda, Link, Pikachu, and Mario – Silver Edition.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/13/some-of-the-rarest-amiibo-are-going-to-be-restocked-soon/
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2015, 11:59:26 am »
E3 Spoilers, if you wanna watch the Super Smash Bros video to see the announcements. Stop reading NOW (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/v/6168251). I will put the info in white font to make it harder to see. So, to view it, just change it colors.

All info is from the Super Smash Bros E3 video:

Ryu , Roy, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, Falco.

Mr. Game and Watch is flat and has a number of different poses that you can switch out.

All but Ryu and Roy come out in September.

All 51 fighters will become Amiibos, including Mewtwo and Lucas at some point.

Mii Fighters:  Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730