Author Topic: Mass Add Feature  (Read 1251 times)

retroone

Mass Add Feature
« on: December 21, 2014, 09:25:14 pm »
Would it soon become a feature of the site where you can massively add items in quantities rather than to add every single item one by one? This feature should mainly be for newbies or collectors that buy lots or wholesales. I remember when I first started that adding every single item was a chore, especially with 300+ games!  :o This feature could make it a lot easier to large collectors joining the site. Let me know what you think!

Re: Mass Add Feature
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:08 pm »
Do you mean adding multiple copies of the same game?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
It sounds like just looking in the browse list and be able to check off a bunch of boxes and add that way.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:58:40 pm »
I believe the OP wants to add multiple copies of 1 title, like if they found 5 copies of ET to add to their sell list ;)

otherwise, yes, you can use the "browse" feature to check off boxes and add in batches to your collection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

retroone

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:08:12 am »
It sounds like just looking in the browse list and be able to check off a bunch of boxes and add that way.
Yes like that!

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »
Yes like that!

If that's the case, yes, you can just use the "browse" button at the top of the page and add a bunch of games that way.  You can also search for part of a title like "Sonic" and click off all the games that you want that have "Sonic" in the title.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 07:26:44 pm »
If that's the case, yes, you can just use the "browse" button at the top of the page and add a bunch of games that way.  You can also search for part of a title like "Sonic" and click off all the games that you want that have "Sonic" in the title.

To make this easier, make sure you use the advanced search option and choose the platform you want to add games from.

retroone

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »

To make this easier, make sure you use the advanced search option and choose the platform you want to add games from.
Thanks for the helpful tips!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »
So I just started to add games using this method, but it doesn't seem to work right...? When I add a game individually, this window pops up: http://puu.sh/dLCrh/17e7260ab7.png

But when I add from the browse list, it just says this: http://puu.sh/dLCCu/f1f467c07a.png

And then I go back to my collection, and the games are listed there, but I somehow own the games without owning any of the constituent parts. To change it, I have to manually edit each individual entry. That totally defeats the purpose -- instead of adding entries one by one, I'm editing entries one by one. Is there something else that I can do?

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »
So I just started to add games using this method, but it doesn't seem to work right...? When I add a game individually, this window pops up: http://puu.sh/dLCrh/17e7260ab7.png

But when I add from the browse list, it just says this: http://puu.sh/dLCCu/f1f467c07a.png

And then I go back to my collection, and the games are listed there, but I somehow own the games without owning any of the constituent parts. To change it, I have to manually edit each individual entry. That totally defeats the purpose -- instead of adding entries one by one, I'm editing entries one by one. Is there something else that I can do?

Unfortunately, that's how it works atm... :(  It's something that the admins are aware of and would like to change in the future as well.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas