Author Topic: What's the most annoying thing in your collection to store?  (Read 7286 times)

razorbeamz

What's the most annoying thing in your collection to store?
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:11:06 pm »
What's the biggest or most awkward thing for you to store?

For me, I'd say it's all my Rock Band stuff.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What's the most annoying thing in your collection to store?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:21:16 pm »
All. The answer is all. I'm in a 2-bedroom apartment, and me and my wife have simply out-grown it. There is stuff cluttered EVERYWHERE! We got a home loan approved, and then my wife got pregnant. So first we're gonna see how this baby thing affects our budget, then we'll rethink the house idea.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:36:44 pm »
Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff is abit unhandy to store, consoles are definitely a problem as I don't have space to display them in front of the TV or on a shelf, so they just sit in a closet.  All the extra stuff for consoles too.  I have some plastic drawers now for most of it, but still takes up a good amount of space.  And then pretty much anything that is a bigger box than the usual game sizes.  Limited editions, bundles of things.  I don't even have a large collection, but I also don't have a lot of space lol

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:05:35 pm »
Granted I don't have a huge collection but my issue is space. My entire collection is in my bedroom. The most awkward thing would be my boxed Famicom Gun and Lefty RX (GT Sport). Both boxes are very old and fragile so I placed them inside of other boxes with bubble wrap. So there's just two good sizes boxes just floating around my room.

The other thing is a loose holster for the Famicom gun. It doesn't stand up on it's own. It doesn't lay flat. I don't have a place to put it. Maybe I'll just wear it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:08:50 pm by badATchaos »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:14:50 pm »
I'm going to echo the sentiment of "everything" since I'm all cooped up in a single small room right now. I will be house hunting at the beginning of the year and hopefully find something soon.... Rock Band stuff is a pain in the ass but I can't bring myself to getting rid of any of it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »
Everything, i live in a duplex, and everything has to stay in my bedroom, which isnt very big.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:22:00 pm »
Anything with a special controller. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Fishing, that stupid Baby Sitting Mama game I bought. 

I also have a tough time with Collectors Edition stuff. I don't want to destroy the box, but what do I do with it?  It takes up so much room.

Skylanders, Disney Infinity, these damn Amiibo. They devoured an entire book case.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »
Probably the collectors edition and big box games. They just get placed where they fit. No particular order. Kinda throws off the alphabetical system

All my dupes are in storage cabinets out of site.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:01 pm »
I'm going to assume store = display, or at least it does for my answer. ;) The Rock Band stuff is bulky, but I don't display it so it's just tucked away in a closet - no problem. But to DISPLAY...since I'm running out of space in my small game room, it would have to be the big CE's - I mean the BIG ones, like Batman: Arkham Origins, Killzone 3 CE and the Wolfenstein: The New Order CE. Also, I'm having trouble right now finding a good place to display the Heartless plush that came with the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 CE set.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 04:28:19 pm »
Rock band sure takes lot of space and is awkward wherever I put the instruments... Skylanders are something to store too, I don't want to break them but I want to optimize space at the same time  :-\ And for those, it's not just the figurines either; it's also the box they come in. These don't fit in any shelf whatsoever, at least not for display purposes.

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 04:45:55 pm »
For me, its those amiibo's and collector's editions, the boxes just take up a lot of space. My shelf space in my game room has already gotten filled up, and I'm storing extra stuff in my bedroom and brother's bedroom, so I'm hoping to get more shelves at some point to display the stuff without angering my family. I also hate how my hooked up consoles are stored, because the cabinet that holds them is way too small and holds enough space for 4 at the moment, so I'm gonna have to upgrade that soon as well.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
The major problem is space, not just for the games but I collect movies, books, and some magazines too, still need space for bed in a minuscule room. haha

But i'm happy with all that stuff.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 06:40:05 pm »
Definitely either my console boxes or the two Steel Battalions I recently got.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »
Definitely either my console boxes or the two Steel Battalions I recently got.

You just keep waiving that one in my face, dontcha?

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »
*huggles his Steam collection*

I have a couple of closets... and a shower... and a bathroom... full of boxes with physical CDs, DVDs and games though. @_@

(The bathroom and shower haven't been in use for close to 7 years.)