Author Topic: How do you keep track of your preorders?  (Read 2358 times)

desocietas

How do you keep track of your preorders?
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:57:45 pm »
Since we don't currently have custom lists (hint hint, admin ;) ), I'm curious how folks are keeping track of their preorders and intend-to-buy lists.

A friend on twitter made a Google doc spreadsheet of all the games he's looking forward to this year, and I stole most of that and added a few other titles.  I have a column for the following:

• Release date
  • Title
  • Whether I've Preordered or not
  • Who preordered it (me or my bf)
  • Where it's preordered
  • If it's paid off already
  • If it includes a preorder bonus or has a CE
  • Platform

Do you folks use a calendar instead?  How do you keep track of this info?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

Re: How do you keep track of your preorders?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:00 pm »
I have them on my wishlist spreadsheet, with their own little section for upcoming stuff I really want or think would be worth preordering. When I have stuff on my wishlist preordered I highlight it in a particular colour. I also write them down on the calender on my phone, and on one of those dayplanner thingies.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »
I do most of my preorders online at BestBuy. I get an email from them when its ready. I'll spend enough to get the 6 months same as cash with their credit card (no surprises this way).

However if I order from Amazon or another online vendor, I appreciate the "surprise" on my doorstep when I get home and had completely forgotten that I placed an order. Usually occurs when drinking is involved...don't judge LOL.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:06:31 pm »
However if I order from Amazon or another online vendor, I appreciate the "surprise" on my doorstep when I get home and had completely forgotten that I placed an order. Usually occurs when drinking is involved...don't judge LOL.

Haha, this happens to me, too, from time to time, and I'm like... 'Uh... wuhh?  Oh?  Oooooooo!"  It's like Christmas, but I also feel silly for forgetting, too :P

I got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix LE like a week and a half early and was really confused when I got the box.  With all the new stuff rolling out already, I figured I should try to be better about keeping track of what stuff I've preordered and what I haven't.  That way, I won't miss out on something I've been *telling* myself to preorder but never got around to doing.  I think the other big change is that I'm no longer in walking distance of a Gamestop, so I can't just preorder something from them if it's on my mind.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

devancowan

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »
I keep all my games recorded in an excel doc. It has my wishlish and games already owned with genre, priority, publisher, developer, release date and the price I paided for it. I can't take all the credit thought. Abe sent me his and I just modified it to my likings :)

davifus

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:52:48 pm »
Google Doc spreadsheet with Colors
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 11:17:37 pm »
I have a giant stack of receipts and online order confirmations on my TV stand. Once I've picked up a preorder I toss the receipt.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »
I very rarely pre order. I like to wait till a game hits and see the reviews/youtube videos before I buy a game. To me pre ordering a game is the same as buying something sight unseen anymore, and that is just stupid.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:00 am »
Google Docs spreadsheet here too, that way it's accessible wherever I am.

I divide mine by month, and use these columns:

• Title
  • Release Date
  • Store
  • Delivery (whether it's being shipped to me or I'll have to pick it up)
  • Price
  • Amount Paid
  • Amount Owed
  • Payment method
  • Bonus Gift Card Amount (mainly for BB preorders which often come w/ a store credit for preordering)

Then I list games I'm interested in but haven't preordered yet down at the bottom of the list.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 12:20:43 am »
GameStop-wise, sign into poweruprewards.com.  Under the "My Game Library" tab/pull down list, click "My Reservations," and all of the games pre-ordered should appear.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:42 am »
Google Docs spreadsheet here too, that way it's accessible wherever I am.

I divide mine by month, and use these columns:

• Title
  • Release Date
  • Store
  • Delivery (whether it's being shipped to me or I'll have to pick it up)
  • Price
  • Amount Paid
  • Amount Owed
  • Payment method
  • Bonus Gift Card Amount (mainly for BB preorders which often come w/ a store credit for preordering)

Then I list games I'm interested in but haven't preordered yet down at the bottom of the list.

Oo, the delivery/pickup column isn't a bad idea.  Though I only tend to preorder at Gamestop (pickup only usually) or online, which will always be delivered, so I guess it wouldn't be that useful for me.  I considered having an amount paid & amount owed column, but I figured I'd be too lazy to updated it enough, ha.

GameStop-wise, sign into poweruprewards.com.  Under the "My Game Library" tab/pull down list, click "My Reservations," and all of the games pre-ordered should appear.

I wish I could use this feature, but since the bf gets a discount, I usually have him preorder stuff for me, and I'm not going to bug him about looking at that list for me all the time.

I very rarely pre order. I like to wait till a game hits and see the reviews/youtube videos before I buy a game. To me pre ordering a game is the same as buying something sight unseen anymore, and that is just stupid.

Understandable, but I'm a sucker for things like collector's editions, and those pretty much require that you preorder.  I actually get a little annoyed if CE/LEs are still around long after launch  >:(  These days, if something I want has a preorder bonus/collector's edition, I'll preorder it.  If it doesn't, I can wait on buying the standard edition until it's cheaper.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas