Author Topic: Best European shop for retrogames?  (Read 6126 times)

Best European shop for retrogames?
« on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:10 am »
I've been trying to find good retrogame-shops around Europe. But I wonder, which ones are actually any good? Do you have any good/bad experiences with them?

The only one I've really ordered something from this far is (http://retrogames.co.uk/) and I was very happy with my order

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Best European shop for retrogames?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:52 am »
Wow thanks! As a European myself i've never heard of this shop :O
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »
The prices are a bit steep on that site. I do most of my online shopping on Amazon, and providing you know the good sellers you can pick up a lot of those titles for less than 66% what they cost there. I think i'll stick to what i know thanks.  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 01:54:16 pm »
Yes I fully agree with the prices being steep, that's why I wondered if anyone could point me in some other directions aswell :)

When you speak of Amazon, do you mean other people selling stuff through amazon? I've not really investigated Amazon from that perspective. I normally go about checking ebay.co.uk but most of the stuff there is quite pricey aswell

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:20 am »
Yes I fully agree with the prices being steep, that's why I wondered if anyone could point me in some other directions aswell :)

When you speak of Amazon, do you mean other people selling stuff through amazon? I've not really investigated Amazon from that perspective. I normally go about checking ebay.co.uk but most of the stuff there is quite pricey aswell

Yes, Amazon is basically a large collection of small shops, even when you buy new stuff it very rarely comes from Amazon itself. Think of it as an aircraft hangar full of individual stalls, yes it is possible to get burned but honestly to the scale of it actually mattering (Eg a game described as "Very Good" when in reality it's scratched to bejesus) is very tiny.

Admittedly the majority of my purchases have been 5th and 6th Generation, with the odd old PC or Gameboy1 titles, but there also some old Home Computer (80's) games which are available though i've not yet explored.
If you're a serious collector for old cartridge-based games then perhaps there are better places to be looking, but if you just want the games in decent condition then it's kinda crazy to pay any more for them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:07:45 am »
I still can't get over the fact that you guys have a store called "Game". That's like a grocery store called Food. Or a hardware store called Lumber.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:13 am »
I still can't get over the fact that you guys have a store called "Game". That's like a grocery store called Food. Or a hardware store called Lumber.

Yes I know, it's quite ridiculous, altough I have to say that I like the fact the the "Game"-stores actually carry some retro-games, and they are not always off the charts with their pricing either (at least here in Sweden). But all in all, they are quite boring stores, and mostly expensive aswell, I prefer buying stuff from the internetz  ::)

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 06:15:27 pm »
GAME stores are terrible in the UK. They don't stock anything retro anymore, haven't done for years. No, its a case of internet, car-boots, charity shops or those small independents that are going out of business if you want to find anything PS2 and before. Real shame as the retro scene is fairly big but for the retail stores its a case of 'shifting the newer crap so no old gaming stuff allowed'

I hear in the US its as easy as walking into a goodwill to snag a cool old game for peanuts.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »
yeah if the good will in the area has any old games/games in general and if those games are worth it (not the cheapest sports games/not broken/not to beaten up). I frequent good wills salvation armys and consignment shops in my area and have never found anything good game wise.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully