Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41849 times)

karyann

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2015, 09:57:30 am »
I just beat Cat Mario (3D World) yesterday with a friend! Man, that bonus world has to be the hardest in any Mario game.  :o

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2015, 04:11:18 pm »
GAME 12 - Animal Crossing: New Leaf - UNFINISHED
It's Animal Crossing lol I haven't played since the Gamecube, but as a game, it hasn't changed too much that I can see.  I know there are new features and such, but it basically feels the same.  Still a very casual game to just pop into every day, gather up stuff to get money to pay off the loans, interact abit, it's a very simple game.  Just about to get the first permit as Mayor which I think is too start expanding the town? That sounds like it might be a cool new thing.  Also nice I got it free as my Platinum reward from Club Nintendo.

devancowan

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2015, 01:45:27 am »
Going to try for 12 games this year. If I can beat 1 a month I'll be content!

2015 Completed:

1) Sunset Overdrive -Xbone- (Complete) - My favourite XBOne game to date. It starts off A little slow and confusing but once your passed the 2 hour mark the game is amazing. It's the first time In a long time a game has pulled me in and kept me entertained until the end.

2) Etrian Odyssey Untold -3DS- (Complete) - I started this game in 2014 and it took me almost a year to beat after playing here and there. Finally finished it up and was extremely happy with it. The ending was a little bit of a let down, as well as some points in the game are very hard!

3) Persona 4 Golden -Vita- (Completed) - What a great game. Took me just under 80 hours to get the golden ending but I really took my time with it. Highly recommended! They story really sucks you in and there was times I'd be playing for 4-5 hours when it felt like 20 minutes.

4) Tales of Hearts R -Vita- (Currently Playing)

Now that I'v finished up Persona, Abe and I are going to play thru Tales of Hearts R. If you'd like to, join us! It would be cool if we could get a few people on the site playing the same game for the first time and chat about it as we go! 8)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:51:38 am by devancowan »

kashell

karyann

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »
Played/playing:
[...]
Fortune Street (Wii)
Pokémon Art Academy
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita)
Super Smash Brothers (3DS/Wii U)

Just added a few games this week-end, thanks to some good family gaming time! Fortune Street is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It's like Monopoly, but with stocks on top of property, and with Mario and Dragon Quest characters, for some reason.  :P

kashell

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 08:04:38 am »
Grandia II:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/DC/197485-grandia-ii/reviews/review-160400

Dreamcast version!

DDR Max:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/PS2/561443-ddrmax-dance-dance-revolution/reviews/review-46990

Dear sweet gods on high almighty...I wrote that. I can't even...was I that bad back in those days?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:23:14 pm by kashell »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 10:17:56 am »
Kash,

Do gamefaqs reviews get a lot of comments/views? I'd love to write reviews for games I've been doing but I don't want to write them on a website where no one would read my reviews.  :(

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 11:06:45 am »
Alright guys. 1/4 of the way through the year. Send me your most updated list so I can update the OP incase anyone is new to the thread. Any post that responds to this post with it quoted I will update into the OP

kashell

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2015, 11:31:06 am »
Kash,

Do gamefaqs reviews get a lot of comments/views? I'd love to write reviews for games I've been doing but I don't want to write them on a website where no one would read my reviews.  :(

Mine do, since I've been doing it for so long.

That said, you shouldn't write them on there with the hopes of reaching hundreds of people. I continue to do it because it's fun, even if some of my reviews for older games don't get clicked as many times as those for newer games. The most I've gotten out of them were gift cards for winning contests and messages from other people on GameFAQs.com saying how much they appreciate me writing stuff about games they like or had an interest in.

Of course, there was that one time I got inundated with "waaah you didn't like this game I hatechoo" messages after scoring a game I didn't like a 5/10. But, that's another story.

devancowan

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2015, 06:07:49 pm »
2015 Completed:

1) Sunset Overdrive  - (XB One - Complete) - My favourite XBOne game to date. It starts off A little slow and confusing but once your passed the 2 hour mark the game is amazing. It's the first time In a long time a game has pulled me in and kept me entertained until the end.

2) Etrian Odyssey Untold - (3DS - Complete) - I started this game in 2014 and it took me almost a year to beat after playing here and there. Finally finished it up and was extremely happy with it. The ending was a little bit of a let down, as well as some points in the game are very hard!

3) Persona 4 Golden - (Vita - Complete) - What a great game. Took me just under 80 hours to get the golden ending but I really took my time with it. Highly recommended! They story really sucks you in and there was times I'd be playing for 4-5 hours when it felt like 20 minutes.

4) Rayman Legends (XB One - Complete) - Really fun game. I spend most of the time playing co-op with my brother. Some levels are very challenging if your going for the 100% or Plat. Just finished the game, but still have lots of stuff to do before I can get the 100%!

5) Code Name S.T.E.A.M - (3DS - Currently Playing) - Only put 3 to 4 hours into this but it's great. I'm not sure if anyone else on here has play heroclix but its extremely similar to that. Very strategic and fast paced. One dislike is that it takes 20-30 for the enemy to take there turn. I did hear Nintendo was making a patch for this. Great game overall!

6) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time (Ps2 - Currently Playing) - Started playing this with my younger brother. It not nearly as good as I remember it being back when I first got the Ps2. I don't know why but during the cut scene the characters dialog is SOO slow! It takes 3-5 seconds from the ending of one characters sentence until the next character begins to talk. Still a decent game so far and brings back the nostalgia

6) Tales Of Hearts R (Vita - Currently Playing) - About 10 hours in. This game has a relatively good story but what keep me playing in the battle system. There's a lot of variety in how you choose to set up your battle formation and level up your characters. Highly recommended. This was also the first Japanese voice acting games I'v ever played and surprisingly it's great. I thought in the beginning I was going to be playing with the volume on mute but I have to admit I truly enjoy it!

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2015, 07:11:37 pm »
GAME 13 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - 5 Hours Playing
Gonna be a game that I put a lot into, but as a port it seems pretty bare bones, especially when you consider how much the game loses visually to make it fit as a New 3DS game.  The model viewer and jukebox are kinda nothing I think. Should be fun though.

« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2015, 12:41:42 am »
Updates:

I've never been a believer in sucking it up and completing games I'm bored with or just didn't like after giving it a fair shot. Point in case, I stopped playing Shining Force on the Genesis because I found it hard to stay focused on the story enough to care what was going on overall. It also doesn't help that I'm not the biggest RPG fan. Also tried playing Swat Kats on the SNES and it is just an awkward game to play and really wasn't that much fun.

I am currently playing Super Metroid on the SNES for the very first time and so far it is really cool! Will hopefully feel the same way about it that everyone else seems to :)

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2015, 04:50:38 am »
GAME 14 - Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - PLAYING

This is one hell of an update for the game.  I came from playing it on the PS3 and just the massive leap in quality from that to my current standard PC is amazing.  It's so well optimized, which makes me glad they delayed it as long as they did.  GTAIV was an utter disaster on PC, but this seems like the complete opposite.  I am using keyboard/mouse for it, which is generally better than the controller due to simply the combat and camera being more responsive, though it does get abit complicated at times with the controls.  Do you fly a plane by just holding W and using the mouse to aim your direction like in Battlefield? Nope, W & D for your speed, Number Pad for actually moving around.  It's weird and I really need to figure out if I can change.  It's terrible really cause I don't want to fly because of it.  PC is easily the best version of the game.

argyle

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2015, 01:57:27 pm »
09. Bloodborne - That's right, Bloodborne is beaten! ;D I didn't do all the optional bosses, so I didn't get the "good" ending, but I'm pretty proud to have finished my first "Souls" game. Looking forward to playing some less-intense stuff for a while now. ;)  Fantastic game tho, will definitely be in my top 5 of the year.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kevininja

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »
Game #19: Far Cry Classic Beaten on 4-09-15
It was nice to see how this franchise started but goddamn was it frustrating at times.

Forgot that I beat this game  ???