Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41073 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:32 am »
I'm getting pretty close to finishing X-Com Enemy Unknown on PS3 apparently. Also just over halfway through my Co-Op Tales of Symphonia run.

kashell

« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2015, 09:37:31 am »
I was struck with a cold for the last couple of days, so I decided to dedicate my recuperating time to Haunting Ground. That's one more game down this year! The review is getting created now.

thewelshman

« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2015, 10:55:51 am »
Coming into this late, but here's mine so far. I'd beat way more games if I didn't get hung up on trying to get all the trophies when playing.

1.) Fairy Fencer F (PS3) - Beaten - Beat this game, but only 50% through the trophies. The game was alright, but after the 5th playthrough, I lost interest.
2.) Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (Vita) - Completed - Loves this game. Have been considering playing it again for PS3 and PS4 when I get one.
3.) Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (PSN) - Completed - Was a pretty fun game that took me back to my childhood. Mostly played it for nostalgia and trophies.
4.) Senran Kagura Shinovi Verses (Vita) - Completed - I've never been a huge beat-em-up fan, but it was fun enough.
5.) Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita) - Beaten - I'm 98% through the trophies. Damn 100 Million Credits trophy.
6.) Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 (Vita) - Completed - After beating it months ago, I finally went back and finished up all of the remaining trophies.
7.) Tales of Xillia (PS3) - Beaten - I have a ways to go to platinum this one. It was an okay game. Can't say I'm too motivated to pop it back into my PS3.
8.) Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3) - Completed - Was a fun change of pace for me and I really enjoyed the murder mystery stoyline.
9.) Moe Chronicle (Vita) - Completed - I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. I jokingly dubbed it my pervert game and will buy the sequel day 1.
10.) Ar NoSurge Plus (Vita) - Completed - I never played the PS3 release for some reason and played this as soon as it came in. Great game, fun story. Will play the PS3 release soon.
11.) Home (PSN) - Completed - Quick and easy game to play and beat. Was another great change of pace and easy completion. Was a great game to play in the dark.
12.) Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PC) - Beaten - I've been a fan of the Diablo series since the first release. This was a hack-n-slash break from RPGs. Fun to play online with friends.

Playing Lost Dimension (Vita) right now and will more than likely start up either Ar NoSurge (PS3) or finish Sword Art Online : Hollow Fragment (Vita).

« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2015, 07:21:15 am »
GAME 28 - Undertale (PC) - 6 Hours Finished
I went in under the heavy weight of the games hype and some slight spoilers, which can really ruin a game sometimes, but generally I found the game to be very clever.  It's a charming little game with some interesting aspects and endearing characters to it.  I ended up getting the neutral ending I guess as I ended up killing one or two characters because I didn't see how to get the pacifist way out of them and thought I HAD to do it.  Not sure exactly if I'll go back for the pacifist ending or not, but it was a sweet game.

kashell

« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2015, 08:34:08 am »
With Tales of Zestiria and Clock Tower 3 finished, I have met the 52 game goal! The ToZ review is up and I'm almost done with the one for Clock Tower 3!

abe

« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2015, 08:58:50 am »
With Tales of Zestiria and Clock Tower 3 finished, I have met the 52 game goal! The ToZ review is up and I'm almost done with the one for Clock Tower 3!

Congrats. Quite the achievement. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2015, 09:49:53 am »
Nice job man! Prouda you!  :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2015, 10:16:09 am »
Thanks, guys! I'm already looking forward to 2016.

retroone

« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2015, 03:44:26 pm »
Congrats!

retroone

« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2015, 03:53:49 pm »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed. Achievement Progress 80%
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSN) Completed Very fun puzzle game that can be completed in a few hours. First Platinum! Trophy Progress 100%
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4) Completed Simply put, it's Minecraft. Very fun and addictive. Trophy Progress 100%
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) Beat The Arcade version was better.
10. Altered Beast (Arcade) Beat WAY better than the Genesis version although the ending was a disappointment.
11. MouseCraft (PSN) Completed Just another mediocre puzzle game. Trophy Progress 100%
12. Rocket League (PSN) Completed Man this game is simply amazing, truly a blast to play. Trophy Progress 100%
13. Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) Beat Don't underestimate this game. That final boss is close to impossible.
14. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PSN) Beat Still need to beat those challenges. Trophy Progress 70%
15. Castle Crashers (Steam) Completed It's quite the 'Behemoth' of a game. Achievement Progress 100%
16. Power Rangers S.P.D (GBA) Completed Completed in less than 2 hours without dying once!
17. Murder Miners (Steam) Completed This game is too much fun. Achievement Progress 100%
18. Portal (Steam) Beat Even though the game is short, it one heck of a ride. Achievement Progress 73%
19. SpeedRunners (Steam) Completed Looking for a break from Rocket League? Here's your fix. Achievement Progress 100%
20. Orborun (Steam) Completed Your typical mediocre Super Monkey Ball clone (No achievements here!)
21. Portal 2 (Steam) Completed Definitely one of my favorite games of all time that I missed out on when it first came out. Achievement Progress 100%
22. Freedom Planet (Steam) Beat An amazing platformer that rivals my love for Shovel Knight. Achievement Progress 54%
23. Bad Rats (Steam) Beat I've spent more time in this game than a normal person should... help. Achievement Progress 85%

*Added Portal 2, Freedom Planet, and Bad Rats (Steam)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:53:17 pm by retroone »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
So with just over a month left I'm not gonna make it that's for sure, but I have played and completed more games than I have in the past 5ish years! Used to just out one down when it annoyed me or I hit a wall and now I push through.

kashell

« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »
I'm thinking this will be my final update. What a great year for video games!

1. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

2. Eternal Ring

3. Final Fantasy XII

4. Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

5. Atelier Escha and Logy

6. Muramasa Rebirth

7. Suikoden V

8. Mad Maestro

9. Tail Concerto

10. Dark Cloud

11. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

12. Shining Wisdom

13. Grandia II

14. DDR Max

15. Strider 2

16. Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart

17. Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave

18. Romancing SaGa 3

19. Jet Grind Radio

20. Chrono Trigger DS Version

21. Mystic Heroes

22. Luminous Arc 2

23. Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven

24. Atelier Shallie: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea

25. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -Mirror of Fate-

26. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

27. Criminal Girls: Invite Only

28. Grim Grimoire

29. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

30. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

31. Vandal Hearts

32. Omega Quintet

33. Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island

34. Dance Dance Revolution Konamix

35. Blood Will Tell

36. Dawn of Mana

37. Lufia and the Fortress of Doom

38. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

39. SaGa Frontier 2

40. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

41. Lost Dimension

42. Dance Dance Revolution Extreme

43. Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2

44. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

45. Enchanted Arms

46. Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy

47. Enemy Zero

48. Rule of Rose

49. The Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai

50. Dark Souls

51. Haunting Ground

52. Tales of Zestiria

Reviews in purple are for games that I have already played (and reviewed) years ago, but felt like revisiting for a change of scenery.

« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2015, 03:53:38 am »
GAME 29 - Fallout 4 (PC) - 96 hours FINISHED
As for being my big game of the year I was craving, the game mostly panned out.  There are a lot of improvements and additions that I really love that make for a way better experience.  On the other hand, things like the bad AI, the more simplified dialog system, and absolutely zero improvements to the inventory/trade menu's, puts a slight damper on the experience, but overall I really liked it.  Of course with a game like this, it still has tons of replay value that I can wait to experience.

« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »
GAME 30 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (PC) - 7 Hours Playing
This was sort of a random buy, I kinda just wanted something goofy and really Japanese and this is very much that and overall it's not a bad RPG.  On the other hand, I can really tell how much of a grinding nightmare this game likely is.  New areas come quick with a tough boss in each one, but going through the area killing everything will not level you up even close, meaning you have to spend a long while grinding things out.  Not sure if I'll keep playing or not as there's not enough between boss fights to really make it feel like the grinding was worth it.  Might just end up being a back burner game I play every so often when I need a break from other games.

karyann

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2015, 11:47:06 am »
I had seen threads for beaten games, but just "played" games is a great idea too! Especially since a lot of older games don't really have an end. I'll split my list into 2:

Beaten:
??/?? - Super Smash Brothers (3DS/Wii U) (I'm going to consider that unlocking all characters and clearing all game modes is beating it...? Unlocking all trophies and challenges would be 100%-ing it.)
01/?? - Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
02/15 - The Legend of Zelda (3DS virtual console)
02/22 - Link's Awakening (GB)
03/14 - Minish Cap (3DS virtual console)
03/28 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
03/?? - Mousecraft (PS4)
04/24 - Persona 4: Golden (Vita)
04/26 - Tearaway (Vita)
05/24 - Touch My Katamari (Vita)
06/13 - The Playroom (PS4)
06/22 - Splatoon (Wii U)
06/29 - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)
06/29 - Book of Spells (PS3)
07/15 - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4)
10/17 - Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
10/27 - Costume Quest 2 (PS4)
11/28 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Vita)

Total beaten/played: 18/41

Just beat Sword Art Online Lost Song yesterday!  I'm going to go for a 100% completion on it though, so it's most probably my last completed game of the year.