Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41059 times)

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2015, 10:37:43 pm »
Game 6 - Valkyria Chronicles (PC) - Playing
One of those series I've heard about for abit now, but never really gave a try.  Well with the PC version having all the DLC and currently on sale for 8 bucks on Green Man Gaming, I'm in it now lol So far it's pretty entertaining, as I like that it's a mix of action and turn based combat, but is never too slow or too strategy game oriented, like X-Com or others like that.  I like a more casual action experience like this.  It's still early on for me, but overall I like the setting and presentation.  Also John DiMaggio (Jake, Bender, etc...) does two voices in the game lol

Game 7 - Alien: Isolation (PC) - Playing
Been waiting for this game to get to a proper price tag and it finally did at 20 bucks, so I'm getting into the game now.  So far, it's very slick, runs pretty great, though I feel they got abit sloppy in the lip synching ingame, made all the more noticeable by how good it is during the cutscenes.  Acting is a tad stiff too, but good enough.  I wasn't sure if I was gonna like the game, cause it's bordering on the survival aspect of being too far like Amnesia or Outlast, I don't like running and hiding all the time, though there is minor combat in the game (And I've been abit spoiled on some of what comes later on).  It is a game that shows I am slightly spoiled by comfortable auto saving when I die and have to head back a ways to a save point lol

argyle

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 07:22:43 pm »
01. Peggle 2 - PS4 - Story Mode finished on 1/2/15
I am a Peggle fiend, it's one of my guilty pleasures. There's just something mesmerizing about watching that little ball bounce around on the pegs. :P

02. Far Cry 4 - PS4 - Platinum'd on 1/18/15
My GOTY for last year, and after thoroughly finishing it I stand by that. Great game. :)

03. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS - Finished on 1/23/15
Eh, it's a 2D Mario. Fun, but the latest Rayman games are the kings of 2D platformers as far as I'm concerned.

04. Deathsmiles - 360 - 1/29/15
SHMUP w/ a ridiculously insane story. Was pretty short to blow through w/ unlimited lives - without them I wouldn't have had a prayer, some of the later levels are insanely difficult.

05. Rogue Legacy - PS4
Fantastic game, I enjoyed every minute of it! Finished with a time of 24:22, but I may mess around with it a little more - we'll see. Perfect difficulty curve balanced with a great feeling of progression. NOT A ROGUE-LIKE THO!!! :P

06. The Order: 1886 - PS4
Gameplay was average on this one - not bad, but hardly inspired. The lycan fights were not fun IMO, and that's both the standard ones and the boss fight ones. Gunplay felt good minus an iffy cover system, but they should have been much more experimental with their weapons - the phosphor gun and lightning gun were fun, but I wanted more like that. That said, the game is gorgeous and it has an excellent story with great voice acting and some insanely good facial animation. I've talked to some who didn't like the story, so just be aware that this is very much setting up a franchise and they are not going to answer every question or address every point/relationship by the end of the game. Overall, I'd say the game was good, not great. But it's a very promising start to a franchise.  One more thing, if you're going for the plat (which is very easy to get) follow a collectible guide as you play. Collectibles are handled very poorly - only one of the 4 types are tracked and they aren't removed from the game when you find them, so if you miss some it's hard to figure out exactly which ones you missed.

Currently Playing:

Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3
Slow going here, I've been busy around the house lately so not a lot of time to get invested in a RPG. Hope to make some good progress this week tho.

Sorcery Saga - Vita
Just started, but really like it so far.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:33:34 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »
Just hit 53. :)

kevininja

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 01:05:20 am »
Update:
Game #11: Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) Beaten on 3-1-15
Pretty enjoyable game but the final boss was way too easy .

kashell

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 11:19:55 am »
We can add Muramasa Rebirth to my list. I didn't get the platinum yet, but I've seen the credits run five times now. @_@

karyann

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 07:16:39 pm »
We can add Muramasa Rebirth to my list. I didn't get the platinum yet, but I've seen the credits run five times now. @_@

I think that's enough to be called "completed" :P I personally have 2 different milestones: completed and 100%-ed.

devancowan

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 10:32:34 pm »
Theres no way Ill be able to complete 52 games in a year so I'm making my own Goal with 12  :) If I could be 1 a month i'd be happy!

2015 Completed:

1) Sunset Overdrive  - (Complete) - My favourite XBOne game to date. It starts off A little slow and confusing but once your passed the 2 hour mark the game is amazing. It's the first time In a long time a game has pulled me in and kept me entertained until the end.

2) Etrian Odyssey Untold - (Complete) - I started this game in 2014 and it took me almost a year to beat after playing here and there. Finally finished it up and was extremely happy with it. The ending was a little bit of a let down, as well as some points in the game are very hard!

3) Persona 4 Golden - (Currently Playing) - I'm just over 10 hours into the game. Going to try some serious grinding this week and try and finish it up since there's so many other titles I want to play! This isn't normally the kind of game I play but I like it a lot. The social aspect is great!

I'v realized I have to stop playing so many different games at the same time and just focus on one game at a time, or else I'll never finish them. Thats what always seems to happen!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »
Playing more missions of FFT last night after a long break. Worth it. But damn these missions are hard. I think I may have over-leveled ...

amauriel

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2015, 01:21:08 pm »
I added Danganronpa to my finished list. I think Mother 3 might be the next longer game up. I've never finished it and now that I've got the Mother 3 GBA Micro and the means to play the game on it in English, it's time.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2015, 11:09:54 pm »
I've been updating my original post if anyone is interested in seeing the games I've been playing :p

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 12:36:54 am »
I've come to terms that I will never complete Picross 3d...

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 03:10:06 am »
I've been updating my original post if anyone is interested in seeing the games I've been playing :p

According to my son it actually is possible to beat the game in survival mode. You have to build a portal to the nether realm and slay the ender dragon.

I have never played the game but my 12 year old does. Even limiting him to 1-2 hours a day he talks about it 24-7.

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »
Just played one of the best N64 games I have ever played! See page one of this thread for me reaction ;)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 11:44:49 am »
2 new COMPLETE
~~ = My Review

2. Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 (DS) - 10 hours - Completed on 3/9

~~ This game is great. It's not an amazing DBZ fighter but for what it is and for being on a handheld it is extremely satisfying. Sometimes I wish it were more streamlined and moved quicker or smoother but that can be overlooked. I wouldn't advise buying it for what I paid for it ($20) unless you're a huge DBZ fan like me, but if you can find it for $10-15 definitely pick it up, and if you can play this multiplayer it probably would be even more fun. Definitely a game I could see bringing on a plane or some sort or public transit and just sitting and playing in 15 minute bursts. My ratings as a ... (Fighting Game 7/10, DS Game 8.5/10)

7. Picross 3D (DS) - My entire life - Completed on 3/8

~~It's fun. If you like Picross you'll like this. If you like puzzles you'll like this. If you need a game to play in tiny bursts you'll like this. If you need a game that you can get sucked into for hours and hours, you'll like this. The only downside is this game has a huge 'one more level/try' complex that began to turn me off because sometimes I felt like I was chipping away from a mile high wall and it just wasn't satisfying. My ratings as a ... (Puzzle Game 7/10, DS Game 7/10)

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 05:34:15 am »
Game 6 - Valkyria Chronicles (PC) - 33 Hours Completed

While the games story and writing is kinda cheesy and dumb, it's a likable and I feel well-meaning type of cheesy.  The characters are likable, it managed to tug out a few tears from in a couple parts and I overall very much enjoyed my time outside of a battle or two that kinda awful, particularly the final boss, mostly cause it's a slog if you don't know about the one turn technique to beat it lol My only issues with the game come down to it's AI being fairly dumb, routinely running into situations that will straight up kill them.  Multiple times.  That and the combat could've used some more depth, with the extremely basic cover system which seemed way too limited.  Overall very much like it and really hope they give the PSP sequels the HD console/PC treatment, or a proper full fledged sequel.