Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41050 times)

gf78

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 03:26:23 pm »
1  Dragon Age Inquisition for PS4.  Really, really great game.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two, but this one has a fantastic story and is much more open than the others.  Not 100% complete, but I beat the main storyline and have worked through several other quests so far.

2  The Order 1886 for PS4.  I really enjoyed this.  It's not the longest game, but it's not the shortest.  It does hold your hand a lot at the beginning, but opens up more as it goes.  Beautiful graphics that I haven't seen matched.

3  Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS.  Picked this up and slowly playing through a few levels a night before bed.  Great game.

4  New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS.  Another one I am working through a few levels a night before bed.

5  Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for PS4.  My youngest daughter and I play this one all the time.  She likes playing as the plants, I like being the Zombies. 

6  Dying Light for PS4.  I'm kinda "meh" on this one.  I'm working on it a little at a time, but I really hate the weapon system.  I have a giant freakin' knife...that breaks after a half dozen smacks on a mushy zombie.  Yeah...ok.

7  Evolve for PS4.  I just can't seem to get into this one at the moment.  Maybe it's because I'm distracted with other games.  But I really haven't gotten a good handle on playing as the monster.

8  Skyrim for PC.  Picked up the Elder Scrolls Anthology and had to play a bit of Skyrim.  It's as addictive as ever for me. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 07:18:52 pm »
Game 8 - Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Playing
Just finished the first episode of the game and I'm enjoying it.  It seems way better than the last one so far.  While I think it's annoying that Capcom continues to push this idea of co-op gameplay in their games, it's handle way better here in that your partners don't really have much in the way of combat abilities, other than a weak melee attack they can use.  Not playing with a person either, but the AI seems to work pretty good.  Not great as they could use some better maneuverability while getting attacked by the creatures, but so far I haven't had to worry about them and they have their own unique abilities.  It feels more like a Resident Evil 4, though not quite as good as that, but solid.

karyann

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »
I've started neglecting video games again these last 2 weeks, I have to change this right now! Hopefully I can finish Minish Cap soon enough  :o

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »
Game 9 - Ori and The Blind Forest (PC) - Playing
Beautiful game.  Metroidvania experience done in with an absolutely fantastic looking art style.  Vibrant, bright, it plays exceptionally well and there's a good challenge to it if you aren't careful to save regularly.  It's very easy to lose like 10 to 20 minutes of progress due to the low health if you forget to soul link, which is basically dropping down a save point based on whether you have energy to spare.

gf78

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:23 am »
9  Valiant Hearts for the PS4  What a wonderful game.  I love the Ubi-Art titles like this.  If they made a physical release, I would buy it in a heartbeat. 

10  Counterspy for the PS Vita  Pretty fun game.  I love the style and the 70's spy music really sells it.

11  Mario Kart 8  My daughters and I love this game.  Can't say anything bad about it and the DLC has been great.  Can't wait for the next DLC pack to release!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:31:41 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 06:48:26 pm »
Finally done with Minish Cap! It mostly felt like a drag to me, though I can't put my finger on why  :-\ Anyway, I'm glad it's over now.

pacpix

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
Finally done with Minish Cap! It mostly felt like a drag to me, though I can't put my finger on why  :-\ Anyway, I'm glad it's over now.

While I enjoyed the game, it is one of my lesser favorite Zelda games.  I enjoyed the dungeons, but did not find exploring the world itself that interesting.  Final boss fight was awesome though, one of the toughest in the entire series.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:43 pm »
While I enjoyed the game, it is one of my lesser favorite Zelda games.  I enjoyed the dungeons, but did not find exploring the world itself that interesting.  Final boss fight was awesome though, one of the toughest in the entire series.

I think that might be it, the dungeons were cool indeed but I guess I spent more time outside than inside. My favourite final boss fight goes hands down to Twilight Princess, though. Damn did I enjoy it like I've never enjoyed any boss fight ever before!

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2015, 02:42:36 am »
Game 9 - Ori and The Blind Forest (PC) - 7 Hours COMPLETED
Just an absolutely beautiful and wonderful game to play.  Very well designed, great and interesting gameplay, a sweet story with amazing visuals, I really loved my time in this game.  My only complaint would be that after each "dungeon", there's an escape sequence, and that gets very trying and you end up restarting a ton of times through lots of trial and error.  Other than those being abit rough, it's generally a really rewarding game.  Just the right amount of challenge to keep you on your toes without making you hate yourself like with a game such as Meatboy lol Highly recommend this game if you want a fantastic 2D platformer.

kevininja

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 02:49:43 pm »
Update:
Game #12: Earthworm Jim (DSiWare) Beaten on 3-16-15
Pretty great port, although I experienced a few frame drops here and there and I didn't like the fact that the bottom screen was used to tell you how to beat a boss.

retroone

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beaten Beat for an upcoming review. This game is terrible don't play it.
Updated

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2015, 04:01:21 pm »
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beaten Beat for an upcoming review. This game is terrible don't play it.
Updated

I kinda remember it being an alright game.  I played the one on the PS2, but maybe I'm not remembering it well lol

retroone

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »
Updated

I kinda remember it being an alright game.  I played the one on the PS2, but maybe I'm not remembering it well lol
The game is mediocre at best. It's just that the controls are terrible. Other than that it could of been a good racing game.

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2015, 07:54:17 pm »
Game 10 - Cities: Skylines - 2 Hours Played/No Completion
It might not be wrong to call this a clone of SimCity 5, but this is a clone that does exactly what that game was trying to do, but do it in a way that isn't crap.  No online shenanigans, freedom to grow your city as big as you'd like, lots of customization, map creation, etc, etc...Plus it's only 30 bucks, has steam workshop which allows you to get custom content for your city, and it just plays.  No bugginess, the AI functions properly so you aren't getting weird traffic issues, it even visually is what SimCity 5 was, which was the one thing I liked about that game.  If you were disappointed in SimCity 5, then you'll probably like this one.