Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41064 times)

argyle

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2015, 10:31:22 am »
10. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Played through this one, again. :P I've lost count of how many times that makes, but I think it's safe to say that it's easily the game I've played through the most times from start to finish. Soooooo good. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2015, 02:07:47 pm »
10. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Played through this one, again. :P I've lost count of how many times that makes, but I think it's safe to say that it's easily the game I've played through the most times from start to finish. Soooooo good. :D

How many Schmoos had to die for your cause this time?

I have a few more games to add to here. As soon as the reviews are up, I'll post them.

argyle

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »

How many Schmoos had to die for your cause this time?

I have a few more games to add to here. As soon as the reviews are up, I'll post them.

Quite a few, they didn't want to give it up this time. :P I think my sword familiar went from the low 20's to over lvl 50 just from me farming them. It was worth it, as usual, tho. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:52 pm »
GAME 14 - Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - 30 Hours COMPLETED

Technically my second time beating this game since I first had it on the PS3, but it's good enough to play through again.  Just a great game with tons to do and made all the better being on the PC.  Definitely the pinnacle of the series, after what I thought was the series dying with Grand Theft Auto 4 and how terrible that one was.  Still gonna be playing this game for awhile to finish up everything leftover after being the main story and there's all the multiplayer to do.

karyann

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2015, 09:48:35 pm »
Beaten:
??/01 - Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
15/02 - The Legend of Zelda (3DS virtual console)
22/02 - Link's Awakening (GB)
14/03 - Minish Cap (3DS virtual console)
28/03 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
24/04 - Persona 4: Golden (Vita)

I can FINALLY add Persona 4 Golden to that list! I just got the true ending and I can now move on with my life! That game was really amazing. I'll probably go back to it eventually and try to get a few more trophies.

karyann

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2015, 08:39:06 pm »
Well, after starting Tearaway yesterday around noon, I just beat it! That has got to be the game I beat the fastest  :o Now, on to platinum it! It really was a great game, I want all those shiny trophies for it  :)

rachel

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:02 pm »
New adds:

#3  2/27/2015 Zero Zero (PC)

#4  3/10/2015 To Build a Better Mousetrap (PC)

#5  3/31/2015 Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (PS3)
Currently working on getting all the different endings becaaauuuuse I don't know.

#6 4/19/2015 Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS)
Such a nice game; really looking forward to the third installment in this series. (Really wishing the boyfriend DLC for Trendsetters had been released in the US, though.)

argyle

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2015, 10:26:07 am »
11. Dracula X Chronicles - I've actually never beaten this game before. Heck, I don't even think I've seriously played it (dabbled with it, yes). I usually don't enjoy the more "traditional" Castlevania games, but this one was a lot of fun. I got the bad ending, not sure if I want to replay it right away to go for the good ending or move to something else & come back later - leaning towards the latter.

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
GAME 15 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - PLAYING
Wolfenstein: The New Order was actually a pretty great game, a good mixture of modern and somewhat old school shooters with an interesting story to it.  Wanted more from the game and we are getting it with a standalone prequel set in WW2.  Still early on in the game, bit over an hour, but it's very much more of what we got before.  I assume it'll be about 3 to 5 hours of play time as it's only a 20 dollar title, but we'll see.

kashell

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2015, 08:07:43 am »
I have some more to add as soon as the review(s) get posted. ^^

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:53 am »
GAME 15 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - 6 Hours FINISHED
Finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.  Was a nice little bit of standalone DLC that I was kinda wanting.  First half wasn't really very exciting, lots of running around a prison and castle and was abit boring, the second half better, especially so when zombies start showing up, though there is good story stuff strewn throughout with likable characters and villainous Nazi's to hate.  The old school Wolfenstein levels are in there also, tucked away in each chapter.  I realized how far we've come in the shooter genre, because these levels are super boring and tedious lol Overall, took me about 6 hours for a basic run through.  That unlocks challenge areas when you are done and there's still collectible stuff to get and harder difficulties, but I don't care too much for that.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2015, 09:59:36 am »
Guys I did it! I beat FFT! Must say the final fights were a little underwhelming because I just ran train. Had a harder time killing Balk than the final boss. Ah well. It was a great ride and I can't remember the last time I saw a credits roll and had the chills. Farlem.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2015, 11:53:01 pm »
Guys I did it! I beat FFT! Must say the final fights were a little underwhelming because I just ran train. Had a harder time killing Balk than the final boss. Ah well. It was a great ride and I can't remember the last time I saw a credits roll and had the chills. Farlem.

I have this game. I should play it and beat it. :)

That said, I have been playing more games. I updated my post on page 1.

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2015, 09:11:01 pm »
It's been over a month, but I finally beat another game!

16. Star Wars: Dark Forces - PC (~11-hours): An above average FPS and a must play for any Star Wars fan. The story and feel of the game fit very well into the Star Wars extended universe, and the soundtrack is incredibly retro and awesome! My biggest gripe with this game is the cumbersome and sometimes tedious level design of most stages. Other issues with this game were the spotty auto aim for enemies that were on a different level than you, but I guess there is a decent mod that corrects this. Overall though, a very enjoyable game :)