Author Topic: Why can't I find Ocarina of Time 3D?  (Read 2951 times)

silversyx

Why can't I find Ocarina of Time 3D?
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:52:25 pm »
Why can't I find Ocarina of Time for the 3DS for $40???

If anyone wants to sell me their complete copy for $40, that would be amazing T.T

Re: Why can't I find Ocarina of Time 3D?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:49:14 pm »
Holy shit balls. Didn't realize it got that pricey all of a sudden. BTW this could/should be in market place section.

argyle

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:56 pm »
A friend of mine preordered a New 3DS XL about a month ago, and this will be his first DS system period. So he's been going back & looking for games he's interested in and focusing on those that are getting or already are hard to find. So thanks to him I found out Ocarina was pretty hard to find complete. Luckily I owned it once before and kept the case/manuals/etc when I traded it in, so I picked up a used copy at GS w/ a coupon I had for $40 after tax and put it with my case to make it complete. My friend got another local GS to get a copy transferred over from out of town, and he told me it was in mint condition.

So my suggestion is to try that, if no local GS' have it in stock see if they can get a copy transferred over. Just have them make sure it's complete before they have the other store send it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 10:33:48 pm »
From what I noticed, the price spiked after a rumor that Nintendo was going to stop making them. Maybe the rumor is true. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

silversyx

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 10:42:57 pm »
I apologize, I'm still fairly new to the site.

Thanks I'll try GS and see what they can do. Online it says there's not one in stock within 100 miles of me O.o

I really hope that rumor isn't true, does Nintendo just hate money? I think it's weird they aren't making more Majora's Mask 3DS's, most Amiibo, and now this game? Ugh, I wanted to play and finish this version of the game before I start Majora's Mask 3D.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 10:51:56 pm »
Nintendo has a real supply and demand problem. They need to realize that there is a huge demand for their products and maybe they'll start to make a lot of money like they were last GEN again and the fans will be happy they don't have to pay double for a game that otherwise would cost a lot less.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:06:55 am »
Wow... you guys aren't kidding. o.o;

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 01:59:56 am »
O.o I'm glad I got it from Gamefly back when it first came out.  And I'm not really even that interested in Zelda games.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:10 am »

Thanks I'll try GS and see what they can do. Online it says there's not one in stock within 100 miles of me O.o

I really hope that rumor isn't true, does Nintendo just hate money? I think it's weird they aren't making more Majora's Mask 3DS's, most Amiibo, and now this game? Ugh, I wanted to play and finish this version of the game before I start Majora's Mask 3D.

Typical Nintendo.  Back in the NES, SNES and N64 days, they would routinely release "Player's Choice" titles for their most popular games.  They tapered off with the amount of re-releases with Gamecube and even more so with the Wii.  There is obviously a demand for these games.  How difficult would it be to print some more copies of Ocarina of Time 3D or Metroid Prime Trilogy?

There is a huge demand for many Nintendo classics, but they just ignore it and do what they want.  It really baffles me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:27 am »
O.o I'm glad I got it from Gamefly back when it first came out.  And I'm not really even that interested in Zelda games.

I waited so long because even tho I love Zelda, Ocarina has never been a favorite of mine. I'm really glad my friend alerted me to its rarity when he did, another few months and it may have completely disappeared from my area.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 09:59:51 am »
The west coast ports are pretty much on lockdown too. A lot of industries are getting effected by this.

pacpix

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 05:51:31 pm »
What the hell...  When did the price shoot up on OoT3D?  May have to get a physical copy of A Link Between Worlds soon if this is going to happen to the price.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:20 pm »
What the hell...  When did the price shoot up on OoT3D?  May have to get a physical copy of A Link Between Worlds soon if this is going to happen to the price.

I looked up Link Between Worlds and thankfully it's still available for retail :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

Typical Nintendo.  Back in the NES, SNES and N64 days, they would routinely release "Player's Choice" titles for their most popular games.  They tapered off with the amount of re-releases with Gamecube and even more so with the Wii.  There is obviously a demand for these games.  How difficult would it be to print some more copies of Ocarina of Time 3D or Metroid Prime Trilogy?

There is a huge demand for many Nintendo classics, but they just ignore it and do what they want.  It really baffles me.

Now they just skip the reprint and target eshop. All the AAA Nintendo titles are hitting the eshop now. Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy, Punch Out, etc.

With the games I guess it makes sense no need to worry about overstocking. Sucks for those of us that prefer to get our physical goods from non-scalper types.

silversyx

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »
I wish Nintendo had their own online store and they tell people they have to make the game THEN ship it to you so it will take a lot longer but they don't overstock AND we get physical copies. Just cut out the middle man. I'm sure there's a lot more problems with this but a fanboy can dream right?