Author Topic: Return of the Plastic Instruments (Guitar Hero/Rock Band)  (Read 4265 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Return of the Plastic Instruments (Guitar Hero/Rock Band)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 03:26:42 am »
Once I got Rocksmith and plugged in a real guitar I lost all interest in learning to play a plastic phoney.

But the drums and vocals I still enjoy.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 04:49:10 am »
Once I got Rocksmith and plugged in a real guitar I lost all interest in learning to play a plastic phoney.

Two completely different things.  One is a learning tool, the other a rhythm game.  I like what Rocksmith does and I'll probably pick up Rocksmith 2014 eventually, but Guitar Hero is far more fun.  It's a party experience and is much more carefree.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 12:49:32 am »

Two completely different things.  One is a learning tool, the other a rhythm game.  I like what Rocksmith does and I'll probably pick up Rocksmith 2014 eventually, but Guitar Hero is far more fun.  It's a party experience and is much more carefree.

I agree. Part of the reason I fell out of love with guitar hero and rock band was because Rock band in particular reminded me I have no friends in real life. ;)

At least not ones that want to come to my house to play rock band or guitar hero.

But learning to play the guitar. I can do that at home alone and take the skils I learn from it anywhere. :)

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 12:14:59 pm »
DLC is in!!! Will be included free as it becomes available on new consoles if you already purchased.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »
DLC is in!!! Will be included free as it becomes available on new consoles if you already purchased.

The problem is the system you have it on.  I was a 360 player last gen.  All my music is on that.  I'm never buying an Xbone, and I don't think they'll do some sort of cross transfer thing.  My idea I had was like a website thing connected to your gamertags, no matter the platform.  I input my 360 gamertag, it registers what music I have, it then unlocks it for transfer, and then inputting what would be my PS4 gamertag, and it transfers it that way, but I think this is completely farfetched lol

Also, they are looking at a way to make your old instruments usable on it.  My guess, through a cord or USB wireless receiver or something.  Handy, but again, 360 gear I can't use lol

I do like what they are talking about with the game, how they are stripping it back down and looking to give it more of its unique identity.  Gone are pro modes and the keyboard.  Pretty stoked for the game.  Gonna pop in Rock band 3 tonight I think lol

http://www.destructoid.com/rock-band-4-is-coming-and-it-s-bringing-the-party-back-288538.phtml

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 06:48:51 pm »

The problem is the system you have it on.  I was a 360 player last gen.  All my music is on that.  I'm never buying an Xbone, and I don't think they'll do some sort of cross transfer thing.  My idea I had was like a website thing connected to your gamertags, no matter the platform.  I input my 360 gamertag, it registers what music I have, it then unlocks it for transfer, and then inputting what would be my PS4 gamertag, and it transfers it that way, but I think this is completely farfetched lol

Also, they are looking at a way to make your old instruments usable on it.  My guess, through a cord or USB wireless receiver or something.  Handy, but again, 360 gear I can't use lol

I do like what they are talking about with the game, how they are stripping it back down and looking to give it more of its unique identity.  Gone are pro modes and the keyboard.  Pretty stoked for the game.  Gonna pop in Rock band 3 tonight I think lol

http://www.destructoid.com/rock-band-4-is-coming-and-it-s-bringing-the-party-back-288538.phtml

Another example of why digital sucks. But then if it were on disc, neither PS4 or XBox One is backwards compatible either, so I guess it wouldn't matter.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:20 pm »

Another example of why digital sucks. But then if it were on disc, neither PS4 or XBox One is backwards compatible either, so I guess it wouldn't matter.

I'm not going cross platform, so I'll be in the clear. I'm guessing the DLC will just follow the gamer tag. Wonder if all the disc transfers will carry over as well Rockband 1, 2, track packs etc.

The keyboard was kinda a waste anyway, not many songs had large parts if at all.

The best part of the game is hearing new songs you wouldn't normally listen to. I liked the Ida Maria song on Rockband 3, then I heard it in the movie "It's Kind of a Funny Story", it "pinned a smile on my face"  ::). I can already see my Living room getting taken over by this game  8)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:22:00 pm by betelgeuse »

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:00 pm »
I've been playing Guitar Hero since it started on the PS2 days, so nothing has changed there lol It'll be nice to get a new game after being gone for the past 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 05:43:23 pm »
Man...MAN! This was not a good reveal for Guitar Hero.  I'm not against them changing everything, I'm totally cool with that, but I just can't behind the new gameplay style and presentation with live action video. I guess I just need to see what expert level looks like, cause the new 6 buttons stacked on each other seems weird and easy, or could be overly complicated.

https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/guitar-hero/blog/2015/04/10/guitar-hero-live-revealed-coming-this-fall-2015

About the only good thing is that it's going to be on next gen, and last gen, including Wii U.  Not much announced for music either, but all the modern pop and rock and freaking Skrillex reminds me of how poor Band Hero was lol

argyle

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:49 am »
Yeah, I actually like some Skrillex and would be stoked if they announced a DJ Hero 3 that included some of his stuff - but Guitar Hero? ???

Anyway, I'd be REALLY curious to know if this game has been in the works for a while, or if they caught wind of a new Rockband coming & decided to throw this together. What with the FMV, it feels like the latter. 

If anyone does plan on picking this up tho, Best Buy is offering a $10 store credit if you preorder it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 12:23:44 pm »
Yeah, I actually like some Skrillex and would be stoked if they announced a DJ Hero 3 that included some of his stuff - but Guitar Hero? ???

Anyway, I'd be REALLY curious to know if this game has been in the works for a while, or if they caught wind of a new Rockband coming & decided to throw this together. What with the FMV, it feels like the latter. 

If anyone does plan on picking this up tho, Best Buy is offering a $10 store credit if you preorder it.

I'm gonna have to play it first before I buy it.  I saw a "Hard" or now "Advanced" play through of a song and I wasn't very excited by it.  The two colors of white and black switching to me didn't seem all that great, had trouble focusing on the change while I'm playing and I don't like that you basically are dropping the pinky use.

argyle

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »

I'm gonna have to play it first before I buy it.  I saw a "Hard" or now "Advanced" play through of a song and I wasn't very excited by it.  The two colors of white and black switching to me didn't seem all that great, had trouble focusing on the change while I'm playing and I don't like that you basically are dropping the pinky use.

It also seems to me that it would be very easy to accidentally hit the lower buttons when you are hitting the upper ones.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 12:43:12 pm »
It also seems to me that it would be very easy to accidentally hit the lower buttons when you are hitting the upper ones.

I feel it is gonna get problematic on the Expert difficulty, where it's gonna be hard to differentiate the buttons.  Having to learn a whole knew way of playing makes it feel like it won't be great for returning players at all.  Might be refreshing, but I'd rather have the normal 5 button layout like Rock Band 4 will have, so hopefully that turns out right lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »
So are all songs going to be available through download? Or do you a few gigs worth of songs on the disc to begin with, like normal?

If you get songs on the disc, I'm in. But if it's only available through download/subscription service, forget it. Freaking everyone wants me to subscribe to some digital something. It's getting out of hand.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 05:05:41 pm »
So are all songs going to be available through download? Or do you a few gigs worth of songs on the disc to begin with, like normal?

If you get songs on the disc, I'm in. But if it's only available through download/subscription service, forget it. Freaking everyone wants me to subscribe to some digital something. It's getting out of hand.

Pretty sure there's on disc content, but some (or all?) of the DLC might be through a streaming service perhaps. I don't really know, I can't imagine they wouldn't have regular DLC to buy.  I mean it is a full priced game, so it would have to have its own content.