Author Topic: Dragon Heroes Coming West  (Read 5744 times)

gf78

Re: Dragon Heroes Coming West
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:45 am »
All right, I got my banner today. Its much larger than I expected. Its about the size of a full poster. Nice detail too!

Mine is sitting at the store for when I get off work. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 03:49:21 pm »
Pro tip: If you ever see me post about how a CE seems too expensive, that's me trying to talk myself out of it. It didn't work this time. ;)

Ordered mine from S-E and it should arrive today. Also called my friend who's the manager of the GS I frequent and asked if they got in any extra wall scrolls. They did, and he's holding one for me so I'll grab that after work. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »
Pro tip: If you ever see me post about how a CE seems too expensive, that's me trying to talk myself out of it. It didn't work this time. ;)

Ordered mine from S-E and it should arrive today. Also called my friend who's the manager of the GS I frequent and asked if they got in any extra wall scrolls. They did, and he's holding one for me so I'll grab that after work. :D

Win-win situation my friend.  Congrats!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 04:02:37 pm »
I have measurements of the banner/scroll. First, I have to say this thing is beautiful. Its very graphic and almost looks HD. Impressive as hell.

It feels like silk (like the same material as a normal wall scroll). Its 39 1/2 inches tall and 23 inches across. Pretty good sized.

I will get my CE tomorrow. All the loops that Squenix went through to make sure it didnt arrive at people's home before the street date didnt take into consideration that Monday was a federal holiday for some places.

davifus

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »
Any GS with extra banners? Do you think they'll let me buy any extra banner?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »
I have measurements of the banner/scroll. First, I have to say this thing is beautiful. Its very graphic and almost looks HD. Impressive as hell.

It feels like silk (like the same material as a normal wall scroll). Its 39 1/2 inches tall and 23 inches across. Pretty good sized.

I will get my CE tomorrow. All the loops that Squenix went through to make sure it didnt arrive at people's home before the street date didnt take into consideration that Monday was a federal holiday for some places.

Does it have a wooden dowel in it like a lot of wall scrolls do, or is it just the cloth?  Davifus, assuming it's just cloth & my store has another extra, I'll see if I can get it & stick it in your package I'm sending you. I'll let you know tonight if I'm successful. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »
I didn't realize that GS would be selling what SE was calling an SE Store-exclusive edition  ???

The bf hasn't mentioned the banners yet, but I'll see if he can snag me one today.  Also, my edition doesn't arrive until tomorrow for me  :'(

Also, Soera, isn't it nice that GS is allowing you guys to wear current-game related shirts now? My bf is so happy to not have to wear collared shirts anymore, especially with the heatwaves we've been having the last few months.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 07:20:24 pm »
Any GS with extra banners? Do you think they'll let me buy any extra banner?

Dav, sorry, got the people I was dealing with mixed up.  :o  That said, I did get you a DQH wall scroll. If we work out the deal on what you were interested in I'll just pack it in with that, otherwise you can just pay the shipping on the scroll (which will be very little) and I'll send it to ya! :D

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(

My bf's store didn't get any posters. I might just have to resort to eBay unless anyone finds themselves with a bunch of posters available!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 11:35:06 pm »

My bf's store didn't get any posters. I might just have to resort to eBay unless anyone finds themselves with a bunch of posters available!

Haven't heard back from davifus yet, but if he doesn't want/need it, it's yours.

soera

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 12:33:10 am »
All right, answering stuff -

The banner is just cloth. No dowel or anything.

The Slime edition from Gamestop isnt exactly the same as the one from SE. There isnt any other DLC other than the normal day one stuff.

A lot of stores didnt get too many pre-orders so if there are extras, Im sure they would let you snag one.

soera

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 12:33:59 am »
I will probably end up with some extras some how (I am Soera after all). Once its all said and done, Ill post here.

gf78

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2015, 09:11:59 am »
The banner/scroll is pretty sweet.  High quality with vivid colors.

desocietas

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2015, 02:21:10 pm »

Haven't heard back from davifus yet, but if he doesn't want/need it, it's yours.

I ended up getting dinner with the bf and his coworkers late last night, and they found the box of banners after he left (none of them knew about the preorder exclusive either, ha).  They brought me two (one for another friend of mine who'd gotten his game at GS already), so I'm good!

Thanks for looking out!  ;D

And I agree with everyone else - it's a really nice one.

The Slime edition from Gamestop isnt exactly the same as the one from SE. There isnt any other DLC other than the normal day one stuff.

SE:
GS:

I couldn't tell the diff from the pictures, but maybe I'm missing something...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:25:05 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »
BTW, the actual game is really good too! :P