Author Topic: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28421 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2015, 01:39:17 pm »
Haven't posted much this in this month's thread, been focused on getting all my stuff done at work before going on baby leave, and focused on the baby.

Some recent pick-ups this month (mostly thanks to trading and 99Gamers.com):

A fun fact I heard about Solar Striker: It's the only shoot-em up Nintendo has ever released on home consoles.

And Balloon Fight was just because I had some left-over credit to use on the Nintendo eShop and there wasn't much left that I wanted or didn't already have. Fun little game, but I'd rather have it in it's original cartridge form.

March was a good month!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:48:26 am by burningdoom »

devancowan

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »
Traded my Halo MCC for Far Cry 4. Couldn't really get into Halo and its a shame because people say it amazing. It just didn't do it for me though.

Quick question, before I start Far Cry 4, is there any achievements related to the difficulty? I don't want to check online and get spoilers

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2015, 02:16:29 pm »
Looking online, I don't see any trophies/achievements that depend on difficulty, mostly Campaign and a few are multiplayer.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

devancowan

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2015, 02:43:44 pm »
Looking online, I don't see any trophies/achievements that depend on difficulty, mostly Campaign and a few are multiplayer.

Thanks, I appreciate it

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »
Snagged these today at the local Savers for $1 each. All complete.

As I was leaving another guy came into the store went straight for the shelf I'd just taken them from. As he left dejected he saw the whole lot in my arms and wailed "Nooooooooooooo!"

We talked for a bit in the parking lot. I showed him what the titles were and assured him I was a fellow gamer/collector not a reseller.

I also put in an obligatory plug for Retro Reload the awesome weekly live show inspired by the fine folks of VGCollect:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg/videos

That seemed to soften the blow.

After I got home I checked the going prices for these games complete on eBay (just curious, I only dabble in SMS collecting). $204. Couldn't price Zillion cause there isn't a complete one with a BIN price.

I am a happy camper.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:04:50 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »
Very nice pickup, Dash. You can't beat that. I've only found a handful of SMS games in the wild, and they've never been $1.

Anyway, I grabbed a couple NES games.

Raid on Bungeling Bay
Untouchables

That brings me to 38 to go, I think.

I also got a WaveBird missing the battery cover and receiver for the low, low price of FREE.99

« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2015, 10:32:12 pm »
this lot set me back about $45

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:18 am »
Sadly, the delivery of Dual Hearts is not properly done by USPS.  I now have to wait a couple more days until I receive the game.  I really hope I don't have to file a claim.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

theflea

« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2015, 01:06:38 am »
First of all, nice finds on those SMS games Dashv.  :o

Stopped at my first garage sale of the season (even thou it was 30 degrees out) lol
and the only thing they had was a few plug n plays, nothing special.  :-\

Not a lot of pick ups this week, but still some nice finds.

Amiibo
- Toad

3DS
- Bravely Default - Collector's Edition
Found a complete set for the same price as a regular copy in the stores.

VITA
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ($7 brand new)

XB360
- Wolfenstein: The New Order ($14)

DC
and continuing my complete Dreamcast collection....
- Striker Pro 2000

I also got a new Laptop, nothing amazing but much better then my old one. (not in pic)  :P

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:10:07 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

kashell

« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:17 am »
Sadly, the delivery of Dual Hearts is not properly done by USPS.  I now have to wait a couple more days until I receive the game.  I really hope I don't have to file a claim.

I hope you get it soon so you can start playing it. It's a wonderful game.

azure

« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2015, 08:39:49 am »
Picked up a few Amiibo from the Target sale their having.

kashell

« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:57 am »
Over the weekend, I found some great goodies. I picked up DDR Max, DDR Max 2 and Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2. Thinking about playing DDR a while ago reminded me of how much I loved the games growing up and I decided I needed to put some of the games back into ye olde collection.

I found a copy of Final Fantasy XIV for the PS3. ...yay? It was the same price as an expensive coffee drink, so at least there's that. I doubt I'll play this one because I don't like MMOs but I do like having all of the numbered Final Fantasy games.

I also found a copy of game called Mystic Heroes. I want to get my partner to start playing games with me and this seemed like mindless fun for the both of us.

My Dreamcast got some major love. I found both Shenmue and Grandia II for crazy cheap prices -AND- with all of the contents -AND- in lovely condition. I've played Grandia II on the PlayStation 2, but the version on the Dreamcast is much better. When the time comes for me to replay it, I'll be playing the Dreamcast version. Shenmue I'm even more excited about because I never got a chance to play it before and, even today, the main character is drop-dead handsome.

If the Dreamcast games were competing in an Olympic sport, they would have earned the silver medal. The gold medalists were amazing, complete and super awesome copies of two Super Famicom games. The first was Far East of Eden Zero. This is a game that I've known about for over a decade, but never thought in a million years I would find a copy of it. The bad news? It won't fit into the Retron 5. I'm not mad about it because I'll find out some way to play the game at some point. The biggest find over the weekend was an amazing copy of Romancing Saga 3. The SaGa series is probably my second favorite series of all time and I now have a copy of one of the best games in said series. I started playing it and, while I was able to understand some of it, I think I may need to install a patch of some sort if I want to play it a regular pace.

TL;DR? Ha! I don't do that. Go back and read about my finds! I do the same thing for you all! ^.~ It was a great weekend.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2015, 10:11:18 am »
I've got the next thread ready to go on Wednesday :)

abe

« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:34 am »
My recent pickups include:
-Art Academy (DS)
-Breath of Fire IV (PSOne Classic)
-Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3 PSN)
-Echochrome (PS3 PSN)
-Home (PS4/Vita PSN)
-Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (PS Vita), came with the PS3 version as well, and I got the PS4 version to go along with it
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii)
-Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition (PS4 PSN)
-Terraria - Special Edition (PS4)
-Xeodrifter (3DS eShop)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:01:06 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »
Just got Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure for free on Steam. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.