Author Topic: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28400 times)

bobster

Re: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 03:34:56 pm »
I'll still be playing it. Honestly, the item creation of First Departure and Second Evolution I really didn't touch. Truth be told I didn't think the first two were the greatest games either, but still enjoyable in some ways.

My secret hope is they did away with the fact that you had to enter the towns in a special way to interact with all characters. It may seem small, but it's a total pain in the ass going into town that way to see if anyone is in a different spot/scenario, then needing to leave and come back in to shop and continue with the story. I would be way more into the side cutscenes if I just went into town and saw the people happened to be somewhere new.

I hope you enjoy it. You'll be glad to know that the Private Actions are much easier to activate. Fayt will always enter the town alone and his friends will be scattered throughout the city.
Thank god. Private Actions were stupid lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

spac316

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2015, 03:39:14 am »
I found a Sonic and Mega Man Amiibo at a local Gamestop the other day. So I snatched them up.

argyle

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2015, 05:27:42 am »
I have Start Ocean Til the end of Time on my backlog as well. Maybe I'll start it after FFT so we can all discuss  8)

Ack, I could discuss it now - it's....bad:-X

I wouldn't to dissuade bobster and the others from playing it, but I somewhat agree with argyle. I will say that it has the best combat out of the four Star Ocean games, but the other things that make the game unique and captivating hardly have the fun factor that the series is known for. Item Creation was butchered to hell and back. Most of the characters are annoying. And the plot...dear god the plot. I won't spoil anything for anyone. I'm assuming argyle knows what I'm talking about.

Even though the combat is great, it too has its fair share of issues.

Indeed. :-X

I hope everyone enjoys it too, which is why I stopped at that. But I will say that that game was probably partially responsible for me taking so long to get into the Tales series, I suppose because I related them because of their real-time combat. Which is a shame.

Really getting hooked on Xillia 2 now, btw. 20+ hours in. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 08:33:32 am »
Indeed. :-X

I hope everyone enjoys it too, which is why I stopped at that. But I will say that that game was probably partially responsible for me taking so long to get into the Tales series, I suppose because I related them because of their real-time combat. Which is a shame.

Really getting hooked on Xillia 2 now, btw. 20+ hours in. :)

Excellent! Tales of Xillia 2 is such an awesome title. Like I said, I spent around 100 hours and could have easily spent another 100 if not for the backlog.

devancowan

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2015, 10:59:06 am »
Picked up Code Name S.T.E.A.M and since I had both that and Majora's Mask preordered, I got the Majora's Mask pin as well!

I wish the pin has colour and wasn't just solid grey :(

abe

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2015, 11:49:16 am »
I've gotten a couple things in the mail from Japan recently. An (almost) complete copy of Super Puyo Puyo for the Super Famicom (it's missing the poster :'(), and a red original model Japanese Nintendo DS. :)

This morning I picked up Mighty Switch Force and Mighty Switch Force 2 from the 3DS eShop for $1.50 each.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

doafan

« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2015, 01:18:48 pm »
These babies have arrived into my collection can't believe that I actually found them in a store when I was looking for a 360 game, totally forgot about this one and decided to purchase this three instead of the other, they are at pretty good condition and only pay less than 10 bucks for each one hope that can find some others this month  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2015, 01:48:31 pm »
^ Crystalis is so good. Easily one of the best games in the entire NES library.

doafan

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »
Indeed this one en the Guardian Legend are true masterpieces, it's a shame that never heard about them when I was a kid cause at that time I was able to play as much as I want it, today with the responsibilities of an adult well let me say that can barely play  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

theflea

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »
We should have a vote at the end of each month for the top finds of the month  8)
TheFlea would always win  :P

We would obviously have limits to winning. :P

I wouldn't ALWAYS win. I don't pick up the best finds every month.  ::)
and we can't limit it if it was the best find of the month.  :P
I've seen many others finds that made me think, damn great pick up.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2015, 07:21:38 pm »
We should have a vote at the end of each month for the top finds of the month  8)
TheFlea would always win  :P

We would obviously have limits to winning. :P

I wouldn't ALWAYS win. I don't pick up the best finds every month.  ::)
and we can't limit it if it was the best find of the month.  :P
I've seen many others finds that made me think, damn great pick up.  ;)

Then I'll make the thread when march ends. Be on the lookout for entering your finds come about this time next week.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »
Got Codename S.T.E.A.M. unfortunately they were out of the Majora's Mask pins.

bobster

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2015, 04:31:28 pm »
I didn't know the Majora's Mask pin was a thing. Weird!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2015, 12:23:31 am »
Here's my haul for last week:

Standouts here are the Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition I got from walmart.com for $6, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace Launch Ed. I got for $20 (check to see if your GS still has this :) ) and The Bureau I found on Target clearance for $7.xx.  Of course I was happy about everything here - was a good week. That Lego City Undercover was nice too, it's getting scarce in my area & I was in a GS when the guy literally put it out on the shelf. :P

Awesome ebay score - 19 SNES-era Nintendo Powers for $15 shipped. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2015, 09:47:22 am »
As you can see from my sig, I did some more fiscally irresponsible light video game shopping over the weekend. I picked up the following little darlings:

Eternal Eyes for the PlayStation. Cheap price for a cheaper game, but it's an RPG and I feel like I owe it to the genre.

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus for the PlayStation 2. Vincent May Cry? We'll see...

Strider 2 for the PlayStation. Definitely the highlight of the shopping trip. I've always wanted to play these games because Hiryu is drop-dead gorgeous and now I can finally see him in action.

Brigandine Legend of Forsena Strategy Guide. I would say Brigandine is one of my top 15 games of all time, and now I have the guide for it. I'm so excited; I can't get enough of this game. The bad news? The guide is in black and white! Oh well. ^^()