Author Topic: Terms and Conditions - Delete account option  (Read 1310 times)

geryspan

Terms and Conditions - Delete account option
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:11:47 am »
Hello there,
   I really can't find anywhere the Terms & Conditions section. It was impossible to find even before signing up, I even googled it and didn't come up with any relevant results. So where can I find those Terms & Conditions and how can I delete my account if I don't accept them?
   I strongly believe there should be a "delete account" option, so users would not feel trapped and their free will wouldn't be limited. Thanks

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Terms and Conditions - Delete account option
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:53:42 am »
guess who's back,

dah dum dum,

back again,

dah dum dum :o :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:15:48 am »
This can't end well lol 

Personally, this is the best damn website around  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:34:37 am by retromangia »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:06:09 am »
Nuthin' to see here, folks ==>

==> move along 8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:45:56 am »
Hello there,
   I really can't find anywhere the Terms & Conditions section. It was impossible to find even before signing up, I even googled it and didn't come up with any relevant results. So where can I find those Terms & Conditions and how can I delete my account if I don't accept them?
   I strongly believe there should be a "delete account" option, so users would not feel trapped and their free will wouldn't be limited. Thanks

So:

* TC is big on fully knowing all of the terms & conditions of websites that he's considering joining (hey, I 'get' that:)

* TC can not find said terms & conditions!

* TC is, understandably, expecting to become thoroughly acquainted w/ said terms, rules, conditions, poilicies, etc, whatever, etc -and-, s/he is *rightfully* hesitant about giving personal information/registering for the site before doing so (I *still* 'get' it:)

* TC, W/O finding, reading, and/or knowing these terms & guidelines...goes ahead & joins the site  :-[

(okay; I'll admit to kinda' *Not* 'getting' it anymore :o)

* TC, after signing herself up (w/o knowing terms & guidelines of the site) now wants to delete her account (whilst implying that the "fault" lies on the site :o)

* This is the TC's 1st & only post  ::)

Truth is, indeed, stranger than fiction  ;)

geryspan

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:56:43 am »
   Oh, I want to delete my VGC account and suddenly everybody is inhospitable and ironic. That's a very good advertisement for the site too! Perhaps I should spread the word, let people know.
   I wonder, what is strange with trying a new site, not liking it and wanting to delete the account? Humanity is going through such sad times... So, please, is anyone able to answer my questions or is trolling the best this site has to offer?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:13 am »
   Oh, I want to delete my VGC account and suddenly everybody is inhospitable and ironic. That's a very good advertisement for the site too! Perhaps I should spread the word, let people know.
   I wonder, what is strange with trying a new site, not liking it and wanting to delete the account? Humanity is going through such sad times... So, please, is anyone able to answer my questions or is trolling the best this site has to offer?

There, I reported your post, the mods will be here soon to help you.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:28:24 am »
Unfortunately Matt is the only one who can delete your account fully. I sent him a link to this post last night, but he has not seen it yet. Until then I request that no members post in this thread other than geryspan and any of the admins.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:40 pm »
I am locking this thread for now.  Matt will address your delete request soon.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 03:10:44 pm »
Allright. All of you, knock it off.

The person in question has valid concerns. We don't have any terms and conditions because there aren't any. The closest thing we have to this is the site rules, which is basically "don't be a jerk."

The only thing we use you personal data for (email and IP addresses) is to check that you're not a spammer or someone who's given us trouble in the past, and this is done automatically upon signup, as well as PM notifications through emails. We don't use any item information you submit to the site for anything other than the site listings, and Amazon referral links.

I checked your account and you've never been a member in the past, as far as I can tell, so I don't understand why you'd want to have your account deleted.

We don't have a "delete account" option because people do regret deleting all their data and starting from scratch, and then matt has to see if he can restore all the user's data.

So there. If you wish to continue this matter privately, feel free to PM me.

matt

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »
I'm here to safe the day. Honestly adding a Delete my account function is on the list and yep...we should get a terms and pp in place for those that care. Account will be deleted just after I post this.