Author Topic: Nintendo Characters Leaving Nintendo Hardware!  (Read 2519 times)

Re: Nintendo Characters Leaving Nintendo Hardware! New Hardware Teased.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:39 pm »
It never materialized.  Perhaps it's still on the back burner.  They may be planning to modify the Wii U to a console without the tablet controller and sell that over there.
That's the only way people over in the US wouldn't buy them all before the Chinese even had a chance to; a stripped down version of what we already have.  Somehow the idea of a cheap, exclusive Nintendo console didn't seem quite right to me, but that makes more sense. 

gf78

Re: Nintendo Characters Leaving Nintendo Hardware! New Hardware Teased.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:19 pm »
It never materialized.  Perhaps it's still on the back burner.  They may be planning to modify the Wii U to a console without the tablet controller and sell that over there.
That's the only way people over in the US wouldn't buy them all before the Chinese even had a chance to; a stripped down version of what we already have.  Somehow the idea of a cheap, exclusive Nintendo console didn't seem quite right to me, but that makes more sense.

They had an N64 console over there years ago.  Very few games were released for it.  I wish I had access to find it (work internet...most stuff is blocked). 

EDIT:  Found it. It's called an Ique Player. It was basically the guts of an N64 inside a controller with a programmable 64MB flash card. Like the Famicom disc system, you could take it to official kiosks and download games. A lot of the big name N64 games were available.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:20:43 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pacpix

Re: Nintendo Characters Leaving Nintendo Hardware!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 09:13:16 pm »
The games DeNa currently offer (two of them are Transformers games) fit into the pay to win scenario of including mini-transactions. Those types of games where you can play for free, but then also can pay real money for stuff to be better. I'm not going to say that this is what Nintendo has planned, to bring out those types of games to mobile, but don't be surprised if they do.

If there is a company that would finally get me to waste money on those dumb pay-to-win games it would be Nintendo ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Re: Nintendo Characters Leaving Nintendo Hardware!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »
If there is a company that would finally get me to waste money on those dumb pay-to-win games it would be Nintendo ha.

If the worst it gets is Pokemon Shuffle, I won't mind it.  I've been popping that in once or twice a day for the past couple days, playing for like 10 to 15 minutes at a time.  It is kinda annoyingly pay-to-win at times, but it isn't always and I can still enjoy the game without it and it's good when I just need to keep myself occupied for a minutes lol  I still would never buy more time or coins for a game though, even if it was Nintendo.  Never liked that idea.