Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26488 times)

The Nintendo "NX"
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »
While this thread probably won't get much information for at least a year, this is big enough to separate it from the mobile market news that came from Nintendo yesterday.  Plus we all knew it was coming as Nintendo has a 5 to 6 year console cycle.  All that is known is that the code-named "NX" will be announced next year and for what I assume is a 2017 release date.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-teases-new-nx-hardware-289161.phtml

Enough time to get out a few more hopefully major console titles for the Wii U as we have no idea of what Nintendo has on the horizon as the furthers the Nintendo game releases go right now is the fall/winter season with Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade.  I'm hoping we get a proper Mario release before the end of the Wii U's time.  I don't really count 3D World in the same vein as Galaxy, Sunshine, and 64.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:27:19 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:40:20 pm »
Looks like a bread maker

I wonder how everyone will love Mario NX, Zelda NX, Mario Kart NX, Metroid NX and Smash Bros NX. I hope this bread maker also works as a microwave so I can heat up some Nintendo leftovers.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:43:51 pm by atarileaf »

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »
Looks like a bread maker

I wonder how everyone will love Mario NX, Zelda NX, Mario Kart NX, Metroid NX and Smash Bros NX. I hope this bread maker also works as a microwave so I can heat up some Nintendo leftovers.
It says it's a joke picture under the title, but I'm sure we will have a chance to reheat Super Mario 3 again though.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »
While this thread probably won't get much information for at least a year, this is big enough to separate it from the mobile market news that came from Nintendo yesterday.  Plus we all knew it was coming as Nintendo has a 5 to 6 year console cycle.  All that is known is that the code-named "NX" will be announced next year and for what I assume is a 2017 release date.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-teases-new-nx-hardware-289161.phtml

Enough time to get out a few more hopefully major console titles for the Wii U as we have no idea of what Nintendo has on the horizon as the furthers the Nintendo game releases go right now is the fall/winter season with Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade.  I'm hoping we get a proper Mario release before the end of the Wii U's time.  I don't really count 3D World in the same vein as Galaxy, Sunshine, and 64.

If they make Super Mario Galaxy 3, it will make the whole fiasco worthwhile.  The first 2 are masterpieces.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:54 pm »
If they make Super Mario Galaxy 3, it will make the whole fiasco worthwhile.  The first 2 are masterpieces.

I completely disagree, cause I don't care for the first two lol I'd rather they make a brand new Mario game entirely.  Drop the rehashing/sequel stuff, give us something fresh.  Sadly a Galaxy 3 is probably likely, just because of how much they've been pushing Rosalina lately.

retroone

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »
It says it's a joke picture under the title, but I'm sure we will have a chance to reheat Super Mario 3 again though.
I was getting excited for a sec but then it hit me. A system that can play GameCube and BluRays is something that I would by in an instant.

indenton

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 08:00:21 pm »
Now if I recall correctly, the Wii U code name was 'Project Cafe'

So the 'NX', please give it a cool name this time around

Nintendo X?
Nintendo Xtreme?? - On second thought better not jinx that one

indenton

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »
I completely disagree, cause I don't care for the first two lol I'd rather they make a brand new Mario game entirely.  Drop the rehashing/sequel stuff, give us something fresh.  Sadly a Galaxy 3 is probably likely, just because of how much they've been pushing Rosalina lately.

I can understand an opinion, but goodness "Sadly a Galaxy 3 is probably likely" was Mario Galaxy really that bad in your eyes???

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
They really need to give the next console a good name.  Wii and Wii U are awful.

I can understand an opinion, but goodness "Sadly a Galaxy 3 is probably likely" was Mario Galaxy really that bad in your eyes???

I should've noted that most Mario games aren't bad.  Mario is always a competent and good platformer, but I really didn't like the direction they took with Galaxy.  They got rid of the hub world and I was never fond of the space setting and planetoids.  I actually need to go back and replay them, see how I feel about them these days, as I wasn't sold on Sunshine as much either, but I went back to it like a year or two ago and liked it, but I still have issues with Galaxy anyways.  They aren't bad games, I'm just not super happy with them and a return to them same stuff, unless it got a big overhaul, is not what I'm wanting.

I want big worlds to explore and enjoy.  That kind of 3D platformer barely exists anymore.  We are starting to see an indie revival of it, but I'd like if Mario could return to more of that style and do as much as possible to separate itself from the "New Mario" and "3D World/Land" type games, which are practically interchangeable now.

indenton

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 08:23:03 pm »
They really need to give the next console a good name.  Wii and Wii U are awful.

I should've noted that most Mario games aren't bad.  Mario is always a competent and good platformer, but I really didn't like the direction they took with Galaxy.  They got rid of the hub world and I was never fond of the space setting and planetoids.  I actually need to go back and replay them, see how I feel about them these days, as I wasn't sold on Sunshine as much either, but I went back to it like a year or two ago and liked it, but I still have issues with Galaxy anyways.  They aren't bad games, I'm just not super happy with them and a return to them same stuff, unless it got a big overhaul, is not what I'm wanting.

I want big worlds to explore and enjoy.  That kind of 3D platformer barely exists anymore.  We are starting to see an indie revival of it, but I'd like if Mario could return to more of that style and do as much as possible to separate itself from the "New Mario" and "3D World/Land" type games, which are practically interchangeable now.

I will say that Galaxy 2 in the long run didn't really bring much more for a sequel, I believe it was stated that a lot of Galaxy 2's content was cut content from the original.  With that in mind, it really does surprise m that Galaxy 2 got a higher critical response than the first. 

A sequel being constructed from cut content due to time or 'not as good as that other galaxy we made'.  It really does seem like an expansion rather than a sequel but I still think they're great games.  A potential third game for this NX maybe??  Unless they really do get a surge of new ideas, then I think we should 'let sleeping dogs lie'. 

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 09:35:16 pm »
One thing I'm glad to hear is that they're not going to directly port console and mobile games together.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2015/150317/03.html

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 09:23:29 am »

Galaxy 1 &2 have hub worlds, 2 is set up more like the 8-16 bit games than 1, which has a hub world more like Mario 64.  Galaxy 2 was a lot more streamlined/less confusing imo.  I'll admit the 2 were pretty much the same stuff, but I'm not complaining either.  To me, not changing the formula is what works for those games, keeping what made me like them in the first place intact while upgrading the graphics & adding new elements.  The 2nd one isn't quite as space oriented as the first either, but they still have "bottomless pits" just like the first Super Mario Bros. 

gf78

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »

^Thank you!  I hated the Galaxy games.  I loved games like Jak & Daxter where you had a big world to explore.  Mario to me is at it's best when it's a 2D game.  3D World was great, but you can't beat the side-scrollers IMO.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 05:31:39 pm »
^Thank you!  I hated the Galaxy games.  I loved games like Jak & Daxter where you had a big world to explore.  Mario to me is at it's best when it's a 2D game.  3D World was great, but you can't beat the side-scrollers IMO.

Loved the first Jak & Daxter.  Not so much the sequels when they turned into more of what Ratchet and Clank were. My favorite Mario game is Super Mario 64 lol I'd rather have 3D Mario than 2D Mario lol I just prefer the 3D Platformer.  It's why I want the 3D platformer revival that was big back on the N64.

ANYWAYS.  This isn't about Mario games lol  This is about Nintendo hardware.

indenton

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 10:41:18 pm »
ANYWAYS.  This isn't about Mario games lol  This is about Nintendo hardware.

I just don't like letting smart remarks pass, especially with a conflicting opinion of a very highly rated game like Mario Galaxy.  Not so much that I disagree, but just wanting an expansion on that opinion.  Interesting nonetheless.