Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26637 times)

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2016, 12:47:22 am »
It's already been said to be faked, at least by one prominent artist who faked the Rayman in Smash Bros thing awhile back.  Says the "photoshop test" method isn't reliable and that the picture has issues if it was meant to be a real picture.  Plus it doesn't have the hand grips the original concept art showed, since this by itself is a terrible controller design.

soera

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2016, 01:35:42 am »
Regardless if its fake or not, I can only imagine that there is going to be some weird gimmicky thing on the NX. I am hoping that this next one is just a standard ass console with some serious firepower. Otherwise, I dont see me picking it up within the first couple of years. I didnt really plan to get a Wii U but when they announced Mario Kart 8, my daughter had to have one. Pair that with the fact that a pawn store around us really didnt know what they had and we kind of made out pretty good.

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2016, 05:48:31 am »
It's hard to say.  They have to know that a new gimmick is gonna be a tough sell after the Wii U debacle, so whatever they have to do has to be something they can show as being incredibly useful.  I hated the wiimote, but they justified it's existence enough to make it marketable and interesting to people and I feel that's what they have to do now.  More screen shenanigans, like the patent thing they came up with would most likely be a bad idea.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2016, 09:26:36 am »
http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/17/dual-pixels-exclusive-nintendo-nx-controller-leaked-photos/

OMG, that is one ugly hunk of plastic. I hope this rumor isn't true.

Nintendo seriously needs to stop with the gimmicks. Just give us a good, solid console with great Nintendo exclusives, and third-party support. It seems simple enough. Hasn't Nintendo learned from past mistakes?!

yea when i saw this yesterday, i saw like, please be a horrible joke/prank/troll attempt.... cause i would be pissed if this thing is real.....
I mean, it took me forever to buy a wii and wii u cause i didnt like the wiimote and was unsure about the wii u gamepad. but this..... p-lease njo
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »
nipples

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 12:54:28 pm »
Speaking of Nintendo patents  these are fairly interesting
http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/03/22/peculiar-patent-history-nintendo/

gf78

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2016, 11:28:17 am »
More NX photos popping up. I think this is the real deal guys.

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2016, 12:28:13 pm »
More NX photos popping up. I think this is the real deal guys.

Real deal devkit or prototype maybe. Let's hope things change before the final release and it gets real buttons. The WiiU game pad originally had slide pads like the 3DS instead of the real control sticks in the final version. I want to believe that they'll change things, but who knows? ???

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:31 pm »
First image is confirmed to be Fake
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/leaked-nx-controller-confirmed-fake-by-creator/

the more Clearer ones are also very likely.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:17:30 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
looks like a surfboard

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2016, 10:47:56 pm »
Glad to see it was a fake, because it's such a terrible design.  Not against its concept, but I imagine something like this would be extra expensive controller and I don't know if they can get away with that when trying to compete with Xbox and Sony.

abe

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2016, 11:01:27 am »
What a relief. :'( I hope Nintendo will reveal the real thing some time soon in a Nintendo Direct. I really don't want to have to wait for E3 to hear any official news on the NX, if they even reveal it then.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2016, 11:03:23 am »
This is why we need EGM back. I remember they leaked news about the Ultra 64 (N64), Katana (Dreamcast), and Dolphin (GameCube) long before anyone else got the news.

gf78

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2016, 12:30:11 pm »
This is why we need EGM back. I remember they leaked news about the Ultra 64 (N64), Katana (Dreamcast), and Dolphin (GameCube) long before anyone else got the news.

EGM is still around.  Now it just sucks more and is even more irrelevant.  You can find the Quarterman column with rumors and gossip in every issue of Walmart Game Center.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »
That last EGM magazine I saw was the 2016 game preview issue. I haven't seen a monthly issue all year long.