Author Topic: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 26658 times)

abe

Re: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2015, 08:01:03 am »
So, I've got a really weird story today. I was at EB Games today and saw that they had the limited edition of Perfect Dark Zero (360) for only $5 (same price as the standard edition). It was in more or less perfect condition and had all of it's inserts. I already had a copy of the standard edition and I figured I may as well buy the LE for $5. When I went up to the counter and one of the employees got the disc for the game, I asked if they had the bonus DVD too that was supposed to come with the LE. The employee, who didn't appear to make any effort to look for the copy with the bonus disc, tells me that it was probably never traded in with one. Now, I think he's full of s*** and probably just didn't want to look for it, because somebody who kept the game in immaculate condition like that with all of the other inserts wouldn't have bothered to keep just the DVD and trade in the rest. He then proceeds to be rather pushy with getting me to buy their foolish scratch protection replacement nonsense (which for $2 is almost half the cost of the game), and with preordering crap, so I'm even more annoyed at this point. When I got home I got out my standard edition of the game because I planned on giving it away to somebody I know would play it. When I opened up its case what did I find? The DVD from the limited edition which I was missing from the copy I had bought today. :o Now I have a complete copy of the limited edition. :D

Anyways... Today's pickups:
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3) ;D -This was the first time I had actually seen a copy of this in a store anywhere. This version of the game came out before Sega started localizing all of them and before the series had gained in popularity over here, so it's not particularly common, unlike the newer entries in the franchise.

-Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collector's Edition (360) :)

Cool story for that Perfect Dark! Gotta love when that happens :) Also, I've never seen Project Diva F in any store yet either. How much did you get it for, if I may ask? :)

It wasn't exactly cheap, but I wouldn't say it was overpriced either. At $40 (minus my discount from my Edge membership, so around $37), it wasn't really a steal, but since that's more or less what its worth, it was in good condition, I hadn't seen it for sale in-person before, I just got paid, and I really wanted it, I bought it. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2015, 08:13:03 am »
I pre-ordered both Miku titles. I totally got my money's worth.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2015, 10:15:27 am »
Got my trade in from the d-bro. Gonna take pics later, Kenny definitely knows what is up!

abe

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 10:35:44 am »
I pre-ordered both Miku titles. I totally got my money's worth.

Both? ??? What other Miku games are releasing soon over here other than Project Mirai DX?

kashell

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 11:16:33 am »
Hatsune Miku PDf and Hatsune Miku PDf 2.

doafan

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2015, 11:25:07 am »
Another SNES title has been added into my collection yesterday, this time I'm talking about the Donkey Kong Country purchased the version Players Choice for the ridiculous price of ten bucks here at my office, it might not be at mint condition but for this price and after seeing my daughter playing like a champ it seems that it was a very good addition  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:15 am »
I spent a massive amount in a pawnshop today. I bought back stuff I already bought over the last 12-15 years. I'm not sure I'd piss on her if she was on fire.

Oh, you couldn't get them to give you back your stuff? :(

Nope, they had money in it.  They were hoping no one would come get it.  They had a rough value on the stuff at $20,000.  I got it back by paying the pawn off for $4k.

foxhack

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »
I spent a massive amount in a pawnshop today. I bought back stuff I already bought over the last 12-15 years. I'm not sure I'd piss on her if she was on fire.

Oh, you couldn't get them to give you back your stuff? :(

Nope, they had money in it.  They were hoping no one would come get it.  They had a rough value on the stuff at $20,000.  I got it back by paying the pawn off for $4k.

Ugh.

I hope you get the $4K back through legal means, bro.

davifus

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »
Picked up my 3 day late Etrian Dungeon Mystery (3DS) @ GS.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 01:52:10 pm »

How did you preorder them? They've already released. ???

devancowan

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
Picked up my 3 day late Etrian Dungeon Mystery (3DS) @ GS.

I almost picked up the launch edition today but I can't get myself to spend 50 dollars on it. Plus I just recently beat Etrian Odyssey: Untold The Millennium Girl and don't know if I can handle another 50+ hour game like that so soon!  :P

Let me know how it is when you end up giving it a try!

devancowan

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »
Also picked up

-Little Deviants (Vita)
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (DS) - Missing the manual  :(
          -If anyone has an extra or is selling on shoot me a message and ill buy it!

kashell

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 02:09:21 pm »

By...going to the Game Stop and saying to the clerk, "I'd like to pre-order [fill in game name here]". <__<

EDIT: I'm saying that before they were announced, I had them on pre-order. So in August of 2013 I picked up the first game as a pre-order. In November of 2014, I picked up the second as a pre-order.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:10:53 pm by kashell »

abe

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2015, 02:23:37 pm »

By...going to the Game Stop and saying to the clerk, "I'd like to pre-order [fill in game name here]". <__<

EDIT: I'm saying that before they were announced, I had them on pre-order. So in August of 2013 I picked up the first game as a pre-order. In November of 2014, I picked up the second as a pre-order.

Okay, thanks smartass. It sounded like you said you preordered them today since you weren't replying to anybody's post and didn't give any context. Sorry for asking.

kashell

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:36 pm »

Okay, thanks smartass. It sounded like you said you preordered them today since you weren't replying to anybody's post and didn't give any context. Sorry for asking.

Eeeeeassy, there slugger. It was a misunderstanding on both of our parts. <3