Author Topic: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27019 times)

argyle

Re: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »
I actually did pickup 2 games this weekend, off of Target's clearance rack.

I grabbed Invisimals for the PSP for $6, mainly because it came w/ the PSP camera. And I snagged Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel for the PS3 for $10, because that's the cheapest price I've seen on it. I know the game wasn't received well, but I was pleasantly surprised by the second game in the series so I've always wanted to give #3 a shot once it got cheap enough.

Those are the only games I've picked up in April so far tho, so I'd still say I'm doing pretty well. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
Over the past few days I've picked up or have received in the mail:

-Rune Factory 3 (DS) <- Found a copy in awesome condition at EB Games.
-Sim City (SNES) <- Love this game, and I'm glad to finally have a copy.
-Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3) <- I haven't really heard a whole lot of good things about this one, but it was cheap and had the comic and everything else.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2015, 10:47:45 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you have to google "Mensa", you don't belong there :D

I guess I'll be seeing you...  :'(

davifus

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2015, 01:35:42 am »
Xenoblade came in today
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2015, 02:03:13 am »
Mortal Kombat!!!! :D

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2015, 08:49:31 am »
Retron 5 and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past  8)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:52:44 am by bonesso »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »
Retron 5 and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past  8)

Nice! Have you played that game before? If not, man, what a great game you're in for.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »
The local game store is getting ready to close the doors.  40% off of everything.  Too bad they pulled the good stuff from the case.   :o

SNES - Final Fight 2
NES -   Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing
Xbox - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords  (I don't know where my copy went)
GameCube - Four Swords Adventure
PlayStation - Contra: Legacy of War

Knock a chunk off the Wishlist.  And all for about $80

retroone

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »
I just picked up two games on Steam today, Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII for $0.40 total! I couldn't pass that price up!

devancowan

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2015, 09:28:53 pm »
I just picked up two games on Steam today, Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII for $0.40 total! I couldn't pass that price up!

At that price, they might as well be free lol

foxhack

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:04 pm »
Look, it's another piece of weirdness.

This thing contains a bunch of crappy photos, scans and screenshots of the game, a screensaver, and some movies. And a walkthrough in Chinese. I got lucky and the seller only asked for a buck, yippee.

doafan

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2015, 05:32:31 pm »
Yesterday I received at the office my last Mercado Libre's purchase, it took me a month to pay it cause my financial situation right now is not the one that I want but this won't stop me to add more titles to my collection, am talking about the Contra III: The Alien Wars, paid for this little fella $ 25 bucks which is a great price if you consider that I was able to do two payments instead of one in a whole month also the prices at Amazon and eBay again are highest for this game, dunno why but certain times is better to purchase at Mexico  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »
My latest additions to the collection, thank you 99gamers.com (mostly)! Had to get Red Dead Revolver after enjoying Red Dead Redemption so much. I have the PC version of Duke Nukem 3D, but I needed a console version. FF X was a long time coming for my collection.

And that NES book sounds so cool! It's ordered, but not here. It's reviews for all NES games reviewed up to that point in VideoGames & Computer Entertainment magazine, which at the time was easily the biggest, most informative gaming magazine out there (EGM & GamePro were around, but didn't quite have the quality and size they'd get in just a couple years). Got it for under $5! Goodwill eBay item! (It sucks Goodwill put stuff online rather than in-store for this stuff, but when they do, they are often the cheapest listing on eBay.)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:46:28 pm by burningdoom »

karyann

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2015, 01:35:31 pm »
I finally bought Tearaway for the Vita, been wanting it ever since it came out but I didn't get around to it until yesterday when I saw it for just $20 on Amazon. I also was able to get off Amazon the Majora's Mask collector's edition Guide book! They have them in stock for $25 on amazon.CA, if anyone else is interested  :)

theflea

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2015, 04:13:51 pm »
Hit several garage sales this weekend and at first I thought this week was going to be a bust, then I hit that sale that made it all worth the time.  ;D

First my store pick ups.

XBone
- Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition

Found a crap ton of games on clearance at Kmart for $4-$6

3DS
- Boulder Dash XL 3D
- Nano Assault
- Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

PS3
- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Aliens Colonial Marines

Wii
- Battleship

NDS
- Battleship
- Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure
- Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party
- Cooking Mama 3 Shop & Shop
- Camping Mama: Outdoor Adventures
- Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play
- Sonic Colors
- Kung Zhu

Now from Garage Sales.  ;)

The first sale I hit I picked up a Yobo NES/SNES clone console complete for $5. Not a big fan of clone consoles but for $5 CIB. Sure I'll bite.

Hit a church sale and only found a Home Alone Tiger LCD handheld in a beat-up blister card for $1.50.
They had a Sonic 2 one also but some other dude beat me to it.

Wii
Some Wii games for $1 each I didn't have.
- Your Shape
- Glee Karaoke Revolution
- Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
And at a different sale...
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii ($5)

After many sales of nothing over the last 3 days I was giving up and any good finds, Then I came across this....
I Stopped at a sale and asked about video games, the lady didn't speak a lick of English so I was about to leave when her 10 year old son asked me what I wanted, I asked about video games and he said he'll go ask his dad. So he ran in the house and I waited and he comes out not telling me anything, I asked did he have anything? And he goes running back inside. (guess he forgot to ask) lol
His dad comes out with a 25th Anniversary Mario Red Wii in the box, He wanted $30 at first I was thinking sure then I looked inside and saw it was a standard White Wii and couldn't think of any reason of paying $30 for a White Wii so I passed. I asked anything else? And he comes out with a Original Xbox with about 5 games, Halo 1 & 2, Sonic Heroes and a couple sport games. It was pretty beat up so I passed. Again I asked anything else, maybe older? and He brings out an old beat up duffel bag and When I looked inside I asked how much and he said $35. and I said sold. A Sega Genesis Model 1 with 4 controllers, all hook ups and 28 games (and 1 Gamegear game for some reason) lol Most where loose but some did have their boxes. I asked about any more, and he said that was all he had.

GG
- NBA Jam

GEN
- NBA Jam
- Mortal Kombat II
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Street Fighter II CE
- Virtual Bart
- X-Men
- Joe Montana Sports Talk Football '93
- Mario Andretti Racing
- Double Dragon  :D
- Quad Challenge
- Bonanza Brothers
- Mickey Mania
- Streets of Rage  :D
- Arnold Palmer's Tournament Golf
- Rock n Roll Racing  :D
- Sonic Classics
- Sonic the Hedgehog (not for resale version)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- The Lion King
- Aladdin
- T2 the Arcade Game
- NFL 95 (x2)
- Jurassic Park
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Vectorman

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:49:18 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"