Author Topic: What to do when you know you'll never play something  (Read 2655 times)

abe

Re: What to do when you know you'll never play something
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »
It doesn't happen too often for me, but when I do I usually just leave them on the shelf with the rest of the games for that system. If it has a really ugly box sometimes I'll stick them in a closet somewhere and forget about them.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

devancowan

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 06:34:59 pm »
I used to just keep the games I would never play, but as of recently I'v been trading them for games of equal cost and something that ill actually play.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 12:53:38 am »
Put it on my shelf so it can sit there and look good. The number of times I've come back to a game I turned down previously is huge. Usually you just have to get into the mindset of the time period.

Yes.

I've set aside a few games after my first play was meh then come back later and really enjoyed it.

Resident Evil 4 and Blaster Master Overdrive are at the top of that list. Both are pretty solid games I initially regretted buying only to later rediscover and greatly enjoy.

jsoup

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 02:05:11 am »
Toss it on the shelve and let it sit there until I'm ready to try it.
If that time never comes or it goes ignored too long, I'll try and find someone I know who might like to play it.
Like, I got Red Dead Redemption shortly after starting out with my current partner. I just couldn't get into the mindset to play it. Ended up handing it to him and watching him play.