Author Topic: Best Website to Write Game reviews on?  (Read 1665 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Best Website to Write Game reviews on?
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:08:44 am »
I want to start writing game reviews as I'm completing games this year. What website do you guys think would be the best one to get and account and start writing reviews on? Anyone have any experience. I'd love to have some input on a website where people would see the review and potentially have some back and forth if people want to comment on it.

rancesama

Re: Best Website to Write Game reviews on?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 12:26:53 pm »
Not really sure of any sites like that. You could always post them on a forum. I have come across forums in my time that have a user review section. You could also start up your own Review Blog. It would be free to start and, if your reviews get really popular, you could make a little money off ads.

That's what I did. I don't get as many reviews posted as I would like, but I cover a lot of news. I have received a few free games from publishers who want me to review their games. Nothing amazing mind you, mostly Wii U and 3DS eShop games. But hell a free game is a free game LOL!

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

doafan

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »
No offense if somebody from here have a review at Amazon but almost or at least the 80% of the review there sucks, I guess it will be a good opportunity for you to start there and gain experience and see people's reaction to your reviews and maybe later start to write them a some place else  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »
Not really sure of any sites like that. You could always post them on a forum.

IF we had that and links to reviews on the game page that would be pretty sweet. If any admins see this can you ask matt/scott? I don't know if it fits the theme of the database but inadvertently it might attract more people to the website?

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »
Get your own webspace, install Wordpress, go wild. No restrictions other than what you want to add.

rancesama

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 01:10:02 pm »
Not really sure of any sites like that. You could always post them on a forum.

IF we had that and links to reviews on the game page that would be pretty sweet. If any admins see this can you ask matt/scott? I don't know if it fits the theme of the database but inadvertently it might attract more people to the website?

I think it fits the theme pretty well. Not everyone just collects ALL games. Some only want the good ones. Having the view point of another collector could be helpful in helping someone determine what game they should add to their collection next.

doafan

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:30:52 pm »
Not everyone just collects ALL games. Some only want the good ones.
Totally agree with your opinion, in my personal case I have purchased some good games that I never heard anything about them just by an awesome review, clear example is the Metal Storm, Bucky o' Hare and Kick Master for the NES  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 01:31:02 pm »
Back in the day there was good user reviews on Gamespot. Wrote a few myself. It's been years since I been there though.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »
I'll throw out the proverbial "You can write reviews on GameFAQs" but you may not get that many responses/hits if the game already has a lot of reviews or the game isn't well known.

rancesama

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »
Not everyone just collects ALL games. Some only want the good ones.
Totally agree with your opinion, in my personal case I have purchased some good games that I never heard anything about them just by an awesome review, clear example is the Metal Storm, Bucky o' Hare and Kick Master for the NES  ;D

Kick Master is such a great game! True hidden gem, and one I would have missed if it wasn't for reviews. Of course, I learned about the game during a video review.

docsarcastic

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 03:43:43 pm »
Make a blog on blogger, that's what I did. It's a nice place to post your opinion and you can customise your page and stuff as freely as you like, so that's probably the best place to post. Frequent posts = frequent views.
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 07:17:50 pm »
I use tumblr for mine, but you don't necessarily get much exposure. :/ Amazon might be good.