Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 25315 times)

argyle

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2015, 02:38:15 pm »
I finally found a Toad Amiibo. Found him at a local Toys R Us, there were four left. Usually won't buy amiibos at TRU since they are a little expensive, but only go as a last resort or if it's a store exclusive.

I also bought a couple Wii Points(yes, WII POINTS) cards for the Wii. I did so to download these old WiiWare titles...
Castlevania Rebirth, Contra Rebirth, Gradius Rebirth and Bomberman Blast.
Probably will be the last few titles I'll download from WiiWare.

foxhack

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2015, 03:03:04 pm »
I also bought a couple Wii Points(yes, WII POINTS) cards for the Wii. I did so to download these old WiiWare titles...
Castlevania Rebirth, Contra Rebirth, Gradius Rebirth and Bomberman Blast.
Probably will be the last few titles I'll download from WiiWare.

Considering Konami's quest to destroy everything they've ever made, you probably did the right thing. :p

argyle

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2015, 04:01:17 pm »
So this week kinda snowballed... :o

IMG_4461

IMG_4462

IMG_4463
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »

Got the Toad wii remote. Finally got around to getting the PDP Yoshi Classic controller to go with my Yoshi Remote!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:45:03 pm by badATchaos »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »

Picked this up at the local used movie/game shop. Looks quite interesting. A platformer where you torture your enemies with various devices and weapons in a humorous (albeit dark humor) way. Can't wait to get some time to sit down and play this one!

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:00 pm »

Got the Toad wii remote. Finally got around to getting the PDP Yoshi Classic controller to go with my Yoshi Remote!

i love these far more than i should

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2015, 04:12:56 am »
Stopped by the mom and pop shop today.

Left with this...

Yeah. So now I need to buy a game gear.

Never heard of Vampire Night. But apparently it's a spiritual successor to House of the Dead and the best light gun game ever released for PS2.

I'll have to fire it up (pun intended) on the crt this weekend and see for myself.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2015, 01:28:11 pm »
SSX - PS3
LEGO Marvel Superheroes - Wii U
And an Interact Superpad 64

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »
While 11/13 of these are issues I've had since XMAS, I finally picked up the last 2 issues I needed to complete the Official Dreamcast Magazine collection. What a complete set looks like :D

theflea

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2015, 09:13:02 pm »
Hit the garage sales, and man... This week had many WTF sales. So many had signs out but no sales, A sale advertised In my local paper saying "Big Subdivision Sale" and I go there and it's one house with a little old lady selling crafts. lol Also many "ya I got a SNES, N64 or NES with a bunch of games, come back a little later and you can have it" and I show up later and get "sorry, I couldn't find it, my son didn't want to sell it" Sigh. oh well. But there was some cool finds this week, so lets get to it.  ;)

Found a bag full of Disney Infinity Figures for $10.

Found Another Wii Stand like the one last week for $2. (not pictured, see last weeks finds it looks the same.)  :P

A Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Strategy Guide for 50c

3DS
Stopped at a gamestop, saw this and heard its getting harder to find so I grabbed it.
- Starfox 64 3D

XB360
A bunch of random 360 games form various sales.
- NHL 13 ($1)
- Tiger Woods PGA Golf 09 ($1)
- NBA 2K6 ($1)
- Sims 3 Pets ($2)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($5)
- Naval Assault ($3)
- Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon ($4)
- Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 ($4)
- Raiden IV ($4)

PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V ($10)
- Batman Arkham Origins (sealed $10)

PSP
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep ($3)
- A PSP Memory Card (Sealed for $1)

Wii
- CSI Fatal Conspiracy ($1)

NDS
- The Quest Trio ($1)
- Slingo ($1)
- 101 in 1 (.50c) This is an Atlas game? lol
- Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties ($2)
- Our House (Case and Manual only FREE)
- Metroid: Hunters ($1 loose)

PS2
- Tekken 5 ($1)
- Star Wars Battlefront II ($4)
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition ($4)
- Spider-Man Web of Shadows (Box only FREE)
- Castlevania Lament of Innocence ($4)

PS1
Bunch of random games I found cheap.
- Spyro the Dragon 2 ($2)
- Q*Bert ($2)
- Crash Bash ($2)
- Rainbow Six: Lone Wolf ($2)
- Marvel Super Heroes (missing manual $1)
I also picked up something not pictured, A PS1 model 1 with about 6 crappy games most incomplete with all hook ups and a controller for free, when I asked about video games at this sale, the lady brought out a dirty PS1 with a bunch of crappy games, I passed but she said I could have it because she was just going to throw it away. Fine I'll take it. lol

I stopped at a sale and asked about video games and the young man there said, ya I got a game boy, but its at my house. He said He'll have them later in the afternoon and told me to come back. Well seeing how I was stiffed at three other sales that did this I didn't get my hopes up. I come back and the young man wasn't there. His mom told me he'll be back soon, so I waited. After waiting 20 minutes I was about to tell the mom, I'll be back in a bit when the young man pulled up with a stack of stuff. First I saw a stack of 360 games, nothing special and nothing I was interested in. Then I looked in the small box he had, and in it was a Game Boy Pocket (Black) the screen had issues but still worked. A couple Game Boy Advances Both missing battery cover and colors I had so I passed of those. Next a Game Boy Advance SP (101 light blue model) It was kinda beat up but it worked and had it's charger and a Link Cable. Then I saw the games, Some GBA, some GBC, some original GB. When I asked how this guy acted like he didn't know if he wanted to sell them. I tried a starting offer of $20, and he said no he couldn't sell them for that, then he said that the games where worth at least $5 a piece and the GBA SP was $15. So after some back and forth I finally got him to accept $50. Here's what I got.
- Game Boy Advance SP (101) with charger
- GBA Link Cable
- Game Boy Pocket (Black)
- Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury (GBA)
- Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku (GBA)
- Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku II (GBA)
- Pokemon FireRed Version (GBA)
- Pokemon Sapphire Version (GBA)
- Pokemon Crystal Version (GBC)
- Pokemon Blue Version (GB)
- Game & Watch Gallery (GB)
- Ren & Stimpy: Space Cadets Adventure (GB)

Found these random games mixed with a bunch of other junk at two different sales for $1 each.
- Motorcross Maniacs
- Game & Watch Gallery 2

Stopped at a sale and when I asked about video games a lady said she had a Game Boy. And she bring out a Game Boy Color (Lime Green) with 3 games. I asked price and she said $10 okay? Here's the games it had.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Shrek Fairy Tale Freakdown
- Wario Land 3

Found a Jorden vs Bird Tiger LCD in a free box.

GEN/N64
I stopped at a sale and asked about video games and the lady said she had a Genesis, but she didn't put it out to sell because the system was missing the plug. I told her I was still interested in it and she pulls out a large box full of games and I even see N64 games in the box get excited and see they are all sport games.  :-\  She told me $1 a game, so I picked out the ones I thought I was missing was missing. (left my phone in the car to look up VGcollect) lol
- Hit the Ice
- Bulls vs. Blazers
- NBA All-Star Challenge
- Roger Clemen's MVP Baseball
- Greatest Heavyweights
- Jammit
- Pitfighter
- NBA Live 99 (N64 CIB)
- NFL Blitz (N64 CIB)

And last my best find of the week.
On Friday, I was out and had a horrible time with finding anything at sales. wasn't finding much of anything.
Then late in the afternoon, I was heading home and saw a sale I didn't stop at yet so I pulled over. I see an old man and the sale looked like a lost cause for video games, I asked and the old gentlemen said You looking for old computers? I said I wasn't into PC but for some reason i continued with "what do you have?" He asked if i knew what a TI-99 was, and my eyes lit up. Yes I am interested to see what you got. The nice guy invited me into his house and he pulls out box after box from under a ping pong table. I see the Complete in Box TI-99/4a then he shows me a bunch of the games. Many I've never seen before. Then He pulls out this weird controller thing, (CIB) I had no idea what this was (but I had to have it)  :P He told me that it was to play several of the games he had and how loved playing baseball with it. Then he pulls out the Tape Recorder for it and a box full of cords for the system. In there I even see the Voice Modulator for the TI-99. Then he pulls out another TI-99 system, this time the beige model 2. Also a box full of games of tape (all copied) After talking back and forth on price we finally agreed on $70 for it all. And here's what I got.  ;D
- TI-99/4a System in box with all hook ups.
- TI-99/4a model 2 system with all hook ups.
- TI voice modulator
- TI Joysticks
- A modified Atari Joystick to work on the TI-99
- The TI-99 Tape Recorder with all hook ups to use it.
- MBX Expansion system (CIB) I looked this up and it sells for well over $100
- A bunch of extra cables, manuals, and other paper work.
- A box full of cassettes with games and other programs.
And now the list of games.
- Addition & subtraction 2 (x2)
- Personal Record Keeping
- Early Learning Fun
- TI Extended Basic (x2)
- Chisholm Trail (x2)
- Hunt the Wumpus
- Car Wars (x2)
- Adventure (with a tape cassette and manual) (x2)
- Parsec (x2)
- Alpiner
- Return to Pirate's Isle
- Tunnels of Doom
- Microsurgeon
- Pole Position (x2)
- Frogger
These are the games you need to use the MBX controller with.
- Championship Baseball
- Bigfoot
- Soundtrack Trolley
- Meteor Belt
- Space Bandits
- Sewermania
The MBX controller and it's games are not easy to come by, the games sell for as much as $30. High for a TI-99 game lol
There's one guy right now on Ebay tring to get $300 for this controller with baseball.  :o
No I'm not selling it, it's going in my collection.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:15:41 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2015, 10:54:23 pm »
great score on the TI99. congrats

pacpix

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »
That TI-99 set is fantastic.  Great pickups Flea!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

retroone

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2015, 10:51:42 am »
Steam
Bad Rats
Geometry Dash
The Basement Collection
BEEP
Caster
CastleMiner Z
Jet Set Radio
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
Potatoman Seeks The Troof
Velocity Ultra

Haven't picked up anything for consoles in a while, kind of waiting for the Steam Summer Sale passes before I make any more purchases.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »
I found a few things today. Felt good to buy something.

Xbox
Outlaw Golf 2
Outlaw Tennis
Outlaw Volleyball

Gameboy
Gargoyle's Quest 

That makes the last of those Gargoyle games now. That's cool.