Author Topic: New Mega Man Animated Series  (Read 1291 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

New Mega Man Animated Series
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:26:58 am »
Source: GameSpot

I was a fan of the 90's animated series when I was a kid.  Definitely still remember the Mega Man - Mega Man X crossover episode and enjoyed some Proto Man scenes.  Just thought I'd share this information and find out what VGCollect members think...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Re: New Mega Man Animated Series
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:31:41 am »
Maybe they'll take the 30th anniversary of Mega Man to give fans what they really want...an actual Mega Man game lol Cartoon could be alright I guess, but it feels kinda meaningless to do with how little Capcom actually cares about the character anymore.  Hasn't been a proper Mega Man game in 5 years and I'm still upset over Mega Man Legends 3 lol

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:37:11 am »
Games-wise, you could support Keiji Inafune's spiritual successors, Mighty No. 9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt.  I've seen my brother play Azure Striker Gunvolt and it made me want to get a 3DS.  Definitely can't wait for mid-September for Mighty No. 9.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:40:11 am »
Sure I plan to get Mighty No. 9 when it comes out later this year, but Mega Man is still dead lol He's seen a resurgence through other means, such as his Smash Bros appearance, apparently he's going in for another crossover run with the Sonic comics, and now we have a cartoon on the horizon, but still no new game since Mega Man 10.  I assume they'll eventually release a new game here soon, with another in 2017 to coincide with the cartoon maybe, but that remains to be seen.  Maybe the announcement of the cartoon heralds a surprise for E3.  It would be the right time to announce a new Mega Man game with Mighty No. 9 out in a few months.

doafan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:13 am »
This is awesome, still have the episodes from the old cartoon at some VHS cassette's, hope that this one became true, I mean that they actually released and don't cancel at the last moment, still remember with a lot of good memories the moment when Mega Man meets Mega Man X  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 07:45:45 pm »
Wait, there was a Mega Man series in the 90's?  Why was I not told about this?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

doafan

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »
Please tell me that you are joking, if not don't waste your time and start seeing it, at this parte of my life still can't believe that they translated and transmited this one at the Mexican open TV  :D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 02:36:44 am »
Wait, there was a Mega Man series in the 90's?  Why was I not told about this?

The series was all right, all-in-all.  I remember watching the cartoon early morning when Fox still had Fox Kids.  *Nostalgia glasses.*

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 10:01:51 am »
Just watch Astro Boy.