Author Topic: Games that are hard to go back too?  (Read 1517 times)

dreama1

Games that are hard to go back too?
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:55:24 am »
Games that are hard to go back to?

woahsweetgreyphix

Re: Games that are hard to go back too?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:29 am »
Pokemon for me. I played soooo much of it when I was younger (just look at my collection, I don't have all of them but a few haha). Nowadays I can't play it anymore; it's so boring to me. Maybe one day I'll get back into it, but I don't anticipate it haha

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:22 am »
Rainbow 6 for N64, controls are horrible compared to modern games. So hard to control IMO
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

doafan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »
That would be Final Fantasy VIII, Parasite Eve and Haunting Ground, spent so much time in these games that I really find almost impossible to start to play them again and not because don't wanna but these titles requires time to be enjoyed  unfortunately time is something that I don't have, maybe I'll make an exception for the last one just to apply the Action Replay code by Jay007 to increase the size of Fiona Belli's attributes  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:31 pm »
Hard to go back to like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the N64.  I barely like playing shooters on modern consoles these days, let alone the single analog stick days.  Played abit at a gaming meetup not long ago and it was rough lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 04:22:52 pm »
Hard to go back to like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the N64.  I barely like playing shooters on modern consoles these days, let alone the single analog stick days.  Played abit at a gaming meetup not long ago and it was rough lol

I like going to the tv room and shoot them all up lol

1049-2600-8730

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 04:52:23 pm »
majority of early 3-D fighters, the mechanics are just so poor and most were not solid, just to show of graphical improvements.

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 05:43:51 pm »
Well there are a couple of ways I interpret this topic.

Hard to get back to due to the age of the game?  Like how game design has changed or improved so much over the years that older or clunky mechanics really stand out?  This can be a slight issue, but I'm pretty good at getting into a 'retro' mindset and therefore enjoying the game as if I was playing it in its own time. 

Getting back into a mid-game save on a game you haven't played in a long time.  This one is a killer for me.  If I don't stick with a game and shelve it for a long while, I lose most of my memories of it, so I have no idea where to go or what to do next.  It's just easier to start completely over, but I usually don't do that either.  It takes me many play sessions to get my bearings and try to continue.

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 06:39:14 pm »
I think perfect dark holds up better.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 06:45:50 pm »
I think perfect dark holds up better.

Possibly, but it's still the basic setup of using the analog and c buttons for movement. It's not super easy anymore to lose that analog stick after playing modern dual analog/mouse based shooters for over 10 years lol

retroone

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:42:36 pm »
For the Right Reasons
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: An amazing game! I just have trouble finding the time to play it because of how long it is. I have a good 8 hours in the game and haven't scratched the surface. One I might have to finish up this year.
For the Wrong Reasons
Sonic Heroes: Sonic Heroes is a mess of the game. Terrible AI and terrible level design. I can't stress the amount of times I have fallen out of the map for no apparent reason. Also the music is dreadfully bad.

polygonpainter

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:52:43 am »
I picked up Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 not too long ago... loved those games as a kid, but now when i go back to it i cannot get use to the physics again. Many of nights, and boxes of mountain dew, have been lost to those games... sad.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 03:18:19 am »
I picked up Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 not too long ago... loved those games as a kid, but now when i go back to it i cannot get use to the physics again. Many of nights, and boxes of mountain dew, have been lost to those games... sad.
I know a wall breach on Tony Hawk 1, I have yet to find on youtube that anyone knows about. Its pretty sick cause you can get mega high scores with it.

1049-2600-8730