Author Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  (Read 2378 times)

soera

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:50 am »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:52:53 am »
Haha.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:05 am »
God I love the idea of Toys to life but I'm never buying that shit and getting addicted as hell.

soera

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:49:58 am »
Im ready to be done with Skylanders. My boy has less and less interest in them every year when he actually has them ... but that doesnt stop him from bugging the crap out of me to get the game and all the characters otherwise.

docsarcastic

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:46 am »
I honestly don't mind the Skylanders series, if the figures for the previous games are compatible with the next instalment then you could probably save some money.

At least some of them look nice on a shelf next to your games, it's like that Disney Infinity game that never really caught on, silly rendition after unwanted game, it gets out of hand rather fast.
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:40:11 am »
I honestly don't mind the Skylanders series, if the figures for the previous games are compatible with the next instalment then you could probably save some money.

At least some of them look nice on a shelf next to your games, it's like that Disney Infinity game that never really caught on, silly rendition after unwanted game, it gets out of hand rather fast.

Actually, I'm going to defend Disney Infinity. xD

It has a very powerful level creation tool. Some classmates in a game design/philosophy class used it to make a few projects. My Professor (who taught the class) is really fond of it, and even created a custom level for his daughter (He's a big video game guy, so they enjoy games together lol). He seemed to think that Infinity would have been more successful if it would have been marketed better, because most people aren't aware of how awesome the level creation tool is.

I'd like to get my hands on it. At the very least, I like the figures a lot better than the Skylanders ones.  :P

I haven't really played it, however. But I would argue that it's a great tool at the very least; it would just need to be better marketed, and perhaps levels better created, for a wider variety of audiences.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »
Ugh, it has begun ..... http://www.godisageek.com/2015/06/skylanders-superchargers-coming-september-25/comment-page-1/

Yet one more to buy for my son  :-X

Son of a Money Sucking Whore!

Why won't they stop!  I'm not going to mention this to The Boy.  Maybe it'll slip by.  :-X

indenton

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »
Uh-oh... I will say that I would favour the Disney Infinity because it has a whole collection of Disney and Marvel characters that people know and love.  I understand that Skylanders is mainly original characters, but I won't forgive them for how they sacrificed the Spyro franchise like that.  Then again, it's not like either Spyro or Crash were doing any good. 

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:08 am »
I think Trap Team was the most ''Activision just wants fucking money'' game in the entire franchise. I mean, you gotta pay 8 bucks just buy a trap to capture ONE bad guy? But people are obsessed with the series, like these fuckers: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSkylanderBoy

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 10:28:00 am »
Thank goodness I never got into Skylanders because those and Amiibos I'd be living in a box somewhere with all my figures to keep me warm.

gf78

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:32 am »
I had avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity successfully, but got caught up in the hype for Amiibo.  Nintendo's ridiculous handling where some figures were in short supply, others sold out in one day, some exclusive to store "x".....I gave it up pretty fast.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 07:09:00 am »
I own two Skylanders figures but have never owned any of the games. I only have them because I went inside of a Microsoft store and they were handing out gift cards at the door and it was the cheapest thing I could find in the store.