Author Topic: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread  (Read 27030 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2015, 12:03:55 pm »
Awesome intro
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2015, 12:05:30 pm »
Star Fox Zero, out this holiday season :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »
Loving the Jim Henson look

StarFox Zero- Shut up and take my Money

Skylanders amiibo- I might get those just to have

Triforce Heroes- I like the Idea, just need to get two people to join me

Hyrule Warriors 3DS- that crossbow under Link's

Metroid prime Federation Force- knew blast ball had to be part of a bigger game

Fire Emblem Fates- GIVE ME THIS GAME ALREADY

Shin Negami X Fire Emblem- Still Really curious about this

Xenoblade Chronicles X- is it 12/4 yet?

Animal Crossing- SKIP

Animal Crossing Party???- SKIP

Yoshi's Wooly World- Too F***ing cute

Yokai Watch- Could be interesting

Paper Mario X Mario & Luigi- honestly you can't tell me you saw that coming

Mario tennis- Actually I might get this I don't get many sport style games

Super Mario Maker- can't wait for the kaizo and male parts levels. and damn that Mario Amiibo and costume amiibo

Overall: While Nintendo didn't have anything as big as the other companies at least everything they showed had Gameplay and I actually want to play most of them the only ones that didn't were the Animal crossing games and unfortunately the metroid title. Okay Apparently Platinum Games is Developing Starfox Zero
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:16:27 pm by redblaze57 »

argyle

« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »
I'm no graphics whore, but Starfox looks REALLY rough to me, especially considering it must be almost finished by now if it's coming out this year. Iunno, maybe that's partially due to having seen so much SW Battlefront yesterday.  :-\ Regardless, I was never really a StarFox fan.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2015, 12:17:23 pm »
Hrm, wonder if you're gonna have to buy the new Skylanders set to get those Sky-miibos, or if they will be sold separately?
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2015, 12:18:22 pm »
New 3DS Zelda, Zelda: Triforce Heroes.  It's basically like Four Swords, but with three Links that you can play with friends. Out this year.

Already leaked, but Hyrule Warriors Legends is coming to 3DS with all the previous DLC characters and the new Wind Waker ones. 1st Quarter 2016.

And all metroid fans just imploded because the new Metroid game is a multiplayer 3DS experience with no actual Samus in it XD

Fire Emblem Fates 2016.

The  Fire Emblem cross shin megami game is also out next year.

Xenoblade Chronicles X out December 4th.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, September 25th.

And now...Animal Crossing...Mario Party thing? I don't think this was the new Animal Crossing people want lol Animal Crossing Amiibos.

Yokai Watch 3DS game, this year.

Yoshi Wooly World October 16th.

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam for 3DS Spring 2016.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Wii U game out this holiday season.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:42:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »
Zzzzznoblade Chronicles. XD

« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »
Super Mario Maker will have an 8 Bit Mario Amiibo, just makes Mario bigger, and you can use your Amiibo's to transform Mario into a sprite version of the character in game.  September 11th release.

Not a big end for them, but generally a good event.  Bummed there was no Fatal Frame release date and nothing for Metroid, but I'm definitely grabbing Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi Wooly World, Super Mario Maker, Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes, and possibly the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami game depending on its gameplay style.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:54:50 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2015, 12:55:58 pm »
All things you need to know about Nintendo (thank you to Kam for getting down info I missed)

Star Fox Zero:
*Holiday 2015
*R wing can transform

New system will have more info in 2016

Skylander

Skylander Super Chargers
*Will have vehicles
*Turbo Charged Donkey Kong
*Bowser

Zelda Tri Force Heroes:
*Fall 2015
*3DS
*MP and CO-OP

Hyrule Warriors
*3DS version
*Adding characters from Wind Waker
*1st Q 2016

Metroid Prime Federation Force

Fire Emblem Fates

Atlus (???) Missed this one. Info please if you remember it

Xenoblade Chronicles X
*12/4/15

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
*Sept 25

Animal crossing Amiibo Festival

Yoshi Wolly World
*Co-op mode
*Oct 16

Yokai Watch
*holiday 2015

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
*Spring 2016
*3DS

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
*holiday 2015

Super Mario Maker
*can use amiibos to change look
*Sept 11, 2015

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2015, 12:57:16 pm »
Very, very lame - the only things I'm interested in I already knew about. No real Metroid was a slap in the face (especially since they keep pumping out Mario & Zelda titles).

Just very underwhelming overall. :(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:04 pm »

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2015, 01:04:23 pm »
Honestly, feeling pretty underwhelmed by Nintendo's event.  No news on the DX...whatever it may end up actually being.  Several games that we already knew about and a few new exclusives, mostly for the 3DS.  Where is the Wii U love?

Mario Maker looks great and if you can indeed share & play levels online, this could be endless fun.  Xenoblade Chronicles X looks good and I will be following that.

Want Metroid?  Hope some 3DS will tide you over.  No news on a console version. 

I'm sure I'll catch crap for it, but in summary, I think Nintendo's presser sucked.  The biggest announcement IMO was the Skylanders crossover but it begs the question:  Why didn't Nintendo just make their own Skylanders-style title where your Amiibo's would put that character into a Nintendo-designed title?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »
It didn't suck, it was your standard good Nintendo conference, it just didn't have any huge news and mostly ended up being just a lot of dates for what we knew.  It's certainly no Sony presser, that's for sure, but it was good enough. A couple big surprises would've been nice though as I wanting another Zelda HD remake and possibly hinting at a new proper big 3D mario game.

Square conference now.  Man, after the fun Nintendo event, this guy hosting it is boring lol

Just Cause 3 info.  Gonna be a fun game.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:11:38 pm by kamikazekeeg »

gf78

« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »
It didn't suck, it was your standard good Nintendo conference, it just didn't have any huge news and mostly ended up being just a lot of dates for what we knew.  It's certainly no Sony presser, that's for sure, but it was good enough. A couple big surprises would've been nice though as I wanting another Zelda HD remake and possibly hinting at a new proper big 3D mario game.

Square conference now.  Man, after the fun Nintendo event, this guy hosting it is boring lol

It's all just individual opinion Kamikazekeeg.  Like you said, it didn't have any huge news and mostly ended up being just a lot of dates for what we knew.  They didn't show any new Wii U titles.  They didn't even show Devil's Third which IMO is one of the most interesting Nintendo-published titles to come along. 

For me, Nintendo just continues to churn out sequels/remakes/successors to the same franchises over and over.  While Nintendo assuredly makes some of the most balanced, fun games...I have to ask myself is it worth it to buy another $60 game that pretty much is a cut & paste of past games from that series?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »

It's all just individual opinion Kamikazekeeg.  Like you said, it didn't have any huge news and mostly ended up being just a lot of dates for what we knew.  They didn't show any new Wii U titles.  They didn't even show Devil's Third which IMO is one of the most interesting Nintendo-published titles to come along. 

For me, Nintendo just continues to churn out sequels/remakes/successors to the same franchises over and over.  While Nintendo assuredly makes some of the most balanced, fun games...I have to ask myself is it worth it to buy another $60 game that pretty much is a cut & paste of past games from that series?

Hardly seeing cut & paste here. Star Fox Zero is the game people have been wanting for awhile. Super Mario Maker is a creation game.  Yoshi's Wooly World has an all new design to it from previous games. Fire Emblem games.  Xenoblade chronicles X.  Plenty fresh to me.

Not saying Nintendo couldn't have done better, but we mostly got what we were expecting and some new treats and was well handled.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:21:53 pm by kamikazekeeg »