Author Topic: "Retro Classics" now up on GameStop's website (consoles, games, accessories)  (Read 3628 times)

desocietas

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics

I haven't looked through it, really, though some of the CIB images they're showing are awfully tempting (though you know you're unlikely to get that copy).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

That's like the only thing that's stopping me at the moment from checking out a few of those titles, because there is no way to know if you get a cib or loose copy of the game. That seems like a deal breaker when some of the prices are placed around the market value of a cib copy of the game.

woahsweetgreyphix

Does anyone know if this is only online or will they also have some items in the store for you to look at?

aliensstudios

Most of the deals I looked at weren't really all that great. They had Mario Kart 64 for $45 USD!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Prices suck! No thank you.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Good news for those looking for higher-end stuff. I don't see any prices over $49.99. But for the lower-end stuff, way overpriced. I hope that doesn't affect online prices.

Eh, it's about what I expected. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out over the summer.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Good news for those looking for higher-end stuff. I don't see any prices over $49.99. But for the lower-end stuff, way overpriced. I hope that doesn't affect online prices.

They have Chrono Trigger for $80.

retroone

Battletoads is $30. Yeah I won't be purchasing anything from there.

tpugmire

Some of their hardware prices don't seem too bad. $60 for a top loading NES. $30 for a Super Scope.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Warmsignal

$20 for Double Dragon? Sheesh.

I feel sorry for the people who are out there paying real prices for games that I found for a couple of dollars.

desocietas

I doubt that GameStop will ever have amazing prices for these items - they still have to make a profit after all, and some of their items are going for something similar to the going rate on eBay.

And I agree that the console prices aren't bad.

Not all of us have access to good flea markets and second-hand shops!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

I doubt that GameStop will ever have amazing prices for these items - they still have to make a profit after all, and some of their items are going for something similar to the going rate on eBay.

The difference being that on ebay you get the oportunity to see what you are buying not stock photos, so if its comparable to ebay price wise I would much rather get them from ebay.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:25:20 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

The difference being that on ebay you get the oportunity to see what you are buying not stock photos, so if its comarable to ebay price wise I would much rather get them from ebay.

I definitely agree! (though some sellers still use stock photos these days... or photos that don't show bother to show things like the condition of the disc, manual, etc)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Hopefully the next step is having store-space dedicated to this, or maybe specialty stores just for it.