Author Topic: What Game Do You Think Is Most Deserving of a Sequel?  (Read 6068 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What Game Do You Think Is Most Deserving of a Sequel?
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
Which video game do you think is most deserving of a sequel that never received one?

My pick has to be Crystalis for the NES. Such an amazing action-RPG for the time. It played similar to Legend of Zelda, but it had more RPG-elements involved such as an experience, and level-up system, as well as a magic-system. It also had better graphics, better music, a larger world, and more towns & NPCs to interact with. I daresay it was better than the original Legend of Zelda.

But unfortunately, SNK decided to focus on fighting games shortly after it's release and we never saw a much-deserved sequel to this NES gem. Seriously one of the best games on the NES and deserves to be in every NES gamer's collection.

What game is your pick for most deserving of a sequel?

doafan

Re: What Game Do You Think Is Most Deserving of a Sequel?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »
Quite simple for me it has to be Conquer of the Crystal Palace would love to see Farron and Zap in a totally new adventure, this game never received the attention that it deserved and it's actually kinda rare, those who hasn't played really doesn't have a clue at what they totally missed  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »
One of my absolute favorite PC Adventure games was Lucasarts "Full Throttle" which had two possible sequels in the works that never saw the light of day - Payback and Hell on Wheels. I'd love to see a real Full Throttle sequel that keeps the fun and spirit of the original game and remain a true point and click adventure. Hell on Wheels would have been less adventure and more action/fighting which, I think, was going in the wrong direction anyway.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:32 pm »
Comix Zone. I feel like so much could be done with modern graphics and the comic book theme. I would just really want them to stick with the 2d comic theme. Not the 3D thing that was going to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing something from left field though like a Clash at Demonhead sequel.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »
Shenmue 2. . .oh wait  ;D

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 11:51:00 pm »
There are so many games I'd love to see sequels to but I think the one I'd most like to see is Conker's Bad Fur Day, and no, I don't count Conker: Live & Reloaded or Conker's Reunion because one is a remake and the other is a spin-off at best.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

retroone

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:57:28 am »
Maybe Crash Bandicoot 4 by Naughty Dog? Ehh one can dream.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 11:29:44 am »
A revisit to Comix Zone would be awesome. Hell, theres a lot of cool IPs Sega could resurrect. Unfortunatly they seem to be content with churning out mediocre Sonic titles.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 12:07:18 pm »
My default answer is usually "Dark Cloud 3", but since you said games that never received a sequel I take that to mean IPs which got one game & that's it. Makes it a more interesting question too, honestly. :)

So I'll have to say Chaos Legion. It was a very misunderstood game - people called it a Devil May Cry knock-off and then criticized it for poor gameplay when they tried to play it like DMC. But it wasn't, and once you got that into your head & learned the mechanics it was an amazing game. One of my favorite "hidden gems" of the PS2 library.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 12:36:03 pm »
I'm going to go with Legend of Dragoon.

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:58:58 pm »
Hmmmm. Most of my favorite games did get at least one sequel, for better or worse.

Ghost Trick came to mind right away. Elite Beat Agents seems like a cop-out, because I imported the two Osu games. Solatorobo or The World Ends With You I guess. (Yes, I like DS games.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

spac316

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 01:59:51 pm »
Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts, Jet Set Radio, F-Zero...

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »
I would love to see a sequel to XIII. I absolutely loved that game and would like to see what happens after the twist ending of the first.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 04:00:50 pm »
Since FFVII is getting its remake and Shenmue is curently funding its third episode, one can dream !

Why not a remake (or even better a sequel!) of my favorite RPG ? ?  :'(

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 07:53:48 pm »
Since FFVII is getting its remake and Shenmue is curently funding its third episode, one can dream !

Why not a remake (or even better a sequel!) of my favorite RPG ? ?  :'(

This game needs to be re-released somehow. I refuse to pay $300+ for it despite hearing very good things about it. Would purchase it in a heartbeat if it was released on PSN or Steam. I heard the source code for this game is gone so this will probably never happen.