Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 27010 times)

foxhack

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2015, 07:32:32 pm »
Picked up Wipeout XL for a hair over 5 dollars
Yeah, went hard today  ;)

What a coincidence. So did I!

Rise of the Robots (DOS CD)
Bee Movie Game (Windows)
Boiling Point (Windows)
Angst (DOS CD, SoftKey Release)
Karishma (no idea)
Expect No Mercy (Win 3.1?)
Project X + Body Blows (DOS)
Star Trek: New Worlds (ASUS OEM release)
Wipeout XL (Windows 95)

I was about to give up on finding games today but finally had some luck. All of these were $1 each. Expect No Mercy, Project X + Body Blows and Star Trek New Worlds are apparently pack-in OEM releases; there were a few other ASUS branded games in there, like MDK2 and Sacrifice but I already owned those at GOG so I left 'em behind. There were also copies of Far Cry, Soldier of Fortune, Soldier of Fortune Platinum, and Soldier of Fortune II, but I already owned those.

Eh, not bad after a long dry spell. Guess the recent flooding flushed these out...

telly

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
Picked up Wipeout XL for a hair over 5 dollars
Yeah, went hard today  ;)

What a coincidence. So did I!

:o :o That's some Illuminati workings right there haha.

Or just a coincidence ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:20:27 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2015, 06:44:30 am »
picked up 3 of the legend of zelda hard back guides today.
Nice pickup! I stupidly didn't think the link between worlds one would be hard to find so never purchased it... Now the prices are redonk.

i know. i still need that one too.

gf78

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2015, 09:35:10 am »
Well, the last five days have been pretty productive! 

This past Sunday, digging around in trailers jam-packed with my friend's mother-in-law's hoarded goodies that have sat abandoned for years.  Same place I picked up the APF TV Fun system.  Well, a little hard work paid off and I walked away with a Texas Instruments Ti-99/4-A system with voice synthesizer, the advanced basic cart and a "Oldies but Goodies" cassette tape with games on it. 

Did a bit of trading some of my doubles on Monday and ended up with the following games:
Armed & Dangerous for Xbox complete
Ninja Gaiden for Xbox complete
Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox complete
Otogi for Xbox complete
Otogi 2 for Xbox complete
Infinite Undiscovery for Xbox 360 (missing manual)
Last Remnant for Xbox 360 complete
Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360 complete
Too Human for Xbox 360 complete
Dawn of Mana for PS2 (missing manual)

Went to Gamestop to pick up my Wolfenstein Old Blood preorder and also ended up with:
Dark Sector PS3 complete
Clive Barker's Jericho for PS3 complete
EyePet and Friends for PS3 complete

Went digging around in Pawn shops and a thrift store yesterday.  Walked away with 13 games, all complete for $30.
Def Jam Vendetta greatest hits for PS2
Auto Modellista for PS2
Jet X2O for PS2
Orphen:  Scion of Sorcery for PS2
Death by Degrees with the Tekken 5 demo disc for PS2
Tenchu:  Fatal Shadows for PS2
Tribes Aerial Assault for PS2
Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2
Deus Ex Invisible War for Xbox
Gungriffon Allied Strike for Xbox
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee for Xbox
Soul Calibur II for Xbox
Thief:  Deadly Shadows for Xbox

Last item I picked up yesterday was a complete, NM copy of Project Sylpheed for Xbox 360 for six bucks.

Not a bad haul at all, especially with only $36 spent. 30 games total and a system with accessories. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:37:55 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2015, 12:14:56 pm »

Dawn of Mana for PS2 (missing manual)

I still need to pick up that one... Slowly trying to build up my Mana titles.  Congrats!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2015, 12:36:38 pm »
Just returned from vacations and yesterday I saw this little poor fella all abandoned at a local store so decided to give it a good home, it wasn't so expensive cause only paid 19.99 bucks for it and is as good as new, this title is kinda expensive here at Mexico and really don't know why, the mores expensive are those from Nintendo like Zelda or Mario Party anyway it was a good addition, will try to give my NES some love these next weeks with the purchase of some titles for it  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

gf78

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:16 pm »

I still need to pick up that one... Slowly trying to build up my Mana titles.  Congrats!

Yeah...I wasn't too enthused about the manual missing, but I took it on a trade and it is otherwise in great condition.  Back in the PlayStation's heyday, I owned every game by Squaresoft.  I'm slowly working on getting them all again, but naturally they are all "high priced" compared to other PS1 games.  Part of that is on me, as I want every single one to be in excellent, complete condition.  So far, I've picked up all the Final Fantasy games, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross and the Parasite Eve games. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

abe

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:54 pm »
Got some imports in the mail today. :D

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2015, 03:43:32 pm »
Just returned from vacations and yesterday I saw this little poor fella all abandoned at a local store so decided to give it a good home, it wasn't so expensive cause only paid 19.99 bucks for it and is as good as new, this title is kinda expensive here at Mexico and really don't know why, the mores expensive are those from Nintendo like Zelda or Mario Party anyway it was a good addition, will try to give my NES some love these next weeks with the purchase of some titles for it  ;D

Well it is a pretty rare title for Wii, the print run for NA wasn't too big. The other thing is that it's value is only going to go up, because of the difficulty of getting the Tsunoko licenses for overseas re-releases in digital form. It's defenitely one of the best fighting games offered for the Wii and it works pretty well with a fight stick.

doafan

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2015, 03:49:19 pm »
Well it is a pretty rare title for Wii, the print run for NA wasn't too big. The other thing is that it's value is only going to go up, because of the difficulty of getting the Tsunoko licenses for overseas re-releases in digital form. It's defenitely one of the best fighting games offered for the Wii and it works pretty well with a fight stick.

For me it's the only fighting game in the library of the Wii, is there any other one as good as this that I need to add to the collection ?, already saw the prices of the fight stick here but they are so fucking insane, gotta continue palying with the GameCube controller for a while at least until I can save some money and order the stick at Amazon  :-\

gf78

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:46 pm »
SCORE!!!!  Got these four, plus Boodwake, Crimson Skies and King of Fighters Maximum Impact Maniax for Xbox. Oh, and Ghostbusters for PS3 and a couple of demo discs. Thirty bucks. Sorry for the low image quality. Stupid iPad.  >:(

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:04:43 pm by gf78 »

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »
My friend and I were talking about the Dreamcast earlier this month, and how I regretted selling mine a few years ago... Something was planted in my mind right then and there, and after seeing a nice cheap system on eBay, I've been helplessly buying DC games like it's going out of style. I sold some things on eBay recently to drum up funds for upcoming pre-orders, but nostalgia has taken it all away.  ::)

Dreamcast

Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Typing of the Dead
Cannon Spike
Shenmue
Power Stone
Capcom vs. SNK
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Gunbird 2
Gauntlet Legends

SNES

Kendo Rage

PS4

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos
Deception IV: Nightmare Princess

Colecovision

Tournament Tennis
Bagman (homebrew)

gf78

« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »
Everything but the PS1 games here that I've picked up this month?

doafan

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2015, 09:04:27 pm »
Sorry for the low image quality. Stupid iPad.  >:(

Isn't the iPad as the iPhone supposed to have the best quality on the market ?, I mean the price for those devices is practically a joke cause of the expensive they are, can't believe that an Apple product took that bad low quality in a image.

Cannon Spike

This game has been at my whishlist for so many years, hope you don't mind but really hope that you can upload some images of this title  ;D

gf78

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2015, 09:16:49 pm »
Sorry for the low image quality. Stupid iPad.  >:(

Isn't the iPad as the iPhone supposed to have the best quality on the market ?, I mean the price for those devices is practically a joke cause of the expensive they are, can't believe that an Apple product took that bad low quality in a image.

Cannon Spike

This game has been at my whishlist for so many years, hope you don't mind but really hope that you can upload some images of this title  ;D

Don't believe the hype, yo. Mine is an iPad Air. It takes ok until you get working on non-fluorescent indoor lighting. Then it gets pretty grainy. I've gone mostly Android and haven't looked back. My Galaxy S6 takes stunning photos. Should have used that. Lol.