Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 27009 times)

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2015, 08:46:31 am »
Loving that hannah montana psp!

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2015, 11:06:46 pm »
Did some hunting out of town today and here is what I ended up scoring.

kashell

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:18 am »
I found a few nifty trinkets and such over the weekend, but one of them deserves a picture. At a local used book store, I found the strategy guide for Star Ocean: First Departure and a complete copy of Enchanted Arms for the PlayStation 3. Also, I won a random bid on e(vil)Bay and got a brand new copy of Mugen Souls Z that I tore into immediately.

But the highlight was this: Breath of Fire Official Complete Works. Breath of Fire for the Super Nintendo was my first RPG. Ever. This book has copious amounts of official artwork, ads, notes, synopses, and other pieces of information about this great series. All of this and then some for Breath of Fire through Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. It was a great weekend.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2015, 11:27:03 am »

Nice finds.  Black Dreamcast, Steel Book Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Hyperstone Heist.  That's probably my favorite game on the Genesis. 
Well done!

gf78

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

You wanna sell those star gladiator and Diablo games?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

foxhack

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2015, 02:08:01 pm »
*spies a certain box in there*

... whatever.

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2015, 04:49:48 pm »
You wanna sell those star gladiator and Diablo games?

Unfortunately no, I don't have either of these.

gf78

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »
Sh!t....I went to a half dozen thrift & pawn joints today. The best thing I could find at any of them was Ecco for the PC.  >:(

Ended up making my last stop on the way home GameStop and ended up with four PS3 games. Medal of Honor, Alien vs Predator, Duck Tales and the collectors edition of Dragon Age Origins.

I guess I really shouldn't complain, but when I see a haul like bikingjahuty and the flea bring in, I wonder why I can't have a bit of luck like that. The local mom & pop shop have started jacking prices up and I'm not willing to pay it. Yard sales are so scattered and the heat is unbearable right now to boot.

Sorry for the rant. Been a long day of hunting in 95+ temps to have nothing to show for it.  :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2015, 08:25:55 pm »
Sh!t....I went to a half dozen thrift & pawn joints today. The best thing I could find at any of them was Ecco for the PC.  >:(

Ended up making my last stop on the way home GameStop and ended up with four PS3 games. Medal of Honor, Alien vs Predator, Duck Tales and the collectors edition of Dragon Age Origins.

I guess I really shouldn't complain, but when I see a haul like bikingjahuty and the flea bring in, I wonder why I can't have a bit of luck like that. The local mom & pop shop have started jacking prices up and I'm not willing to pay it. Yard sales are so scattered and the heat is unbearable right now to boot.

Sorry for the rant. Been a long day of hunting in 95+ temps to have nothing to show for it.  :-\

Trust me, it's not just you. I know a lot of local collectors and the majority of them no longer hunt because there is very little point to it now. Think about it; you go out for hours and hours, waste a ton of gas going from location to location with no certainty you'll even find anything. And even if you do find something, you're lucky if that one thing or several things amounts to the cost in gas and time used.

What I posted yesterday was also not obtained for a couple of bucks. I didn't pay ebay prices, but I didn't get them for next to nothing either, most were obtained somewhere in the middle. Finding games for dirt cheap has become significantly harder due to the saturation of collectors and resellers, as well as most of the good retro deals being long gone due to finite supply. 

I rarely hunt anymore, not even close to the level I used to because it's simply not worth my time when I can save myself A TON of time on Ebay, and in most cases a lot of money as well.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »
I've also given up on yard sales. Too many resellers here in the Bay Area cleaning them out well before I get there. Thrift stores here are odd. Original Xbox I can pick up for $10. But for a PS2 they typically want $40. Then out of the blue I score dozens of CIB master system games for 79 cents each.

My favorite Mom and Pop shop announced last week they no longer sell video games (table top games only now). That's hit me like the death of a family member. Half of my collection is from that shop.

At this point I've become a late night lurker on eBay. Refreshing my watch list and searches in hopes of a low low "buy it now" or a "make an offer".

I've had pretty decent luck with make an offer. Paying significantly under list.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:05:07 pm by dashv »

Warmsignal

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2015, 12:16:09 pm »
Here's what I got at a gaming con last weekend.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »
Goodwill my friends. I may not find NES and SNES era stuff there like I used to, but I can definitely find PS1 and beyond stuff there pretty often (PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, Xbox, PS3, DS, etc).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:19:05 pm by burningdoom »

desocietas

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »
I've also given up on yard sales. Too many resellers here in the Bay Area cleaning them out well before I get there. Thrift stores here are odd. Original Xbox I can pick up for $10. But for a PS2 they typically want $40. Then out of the blue I score dozens of CIB master system games for 79 cents each.

My favorite Mom and Pop shop announced last week they no longer sell video games (table top games only now). That's hit me like the death of a family member. Half of my collection is from that shop.

At this point I've become a late night lurker on eBay. Refreshing my watch list and searches in hopes of a low low "buy it now" or a "make an offer".

I've had pretty decent luck with make an offer. Paying significantly under list.

dashv, you're in the Bay Area, too? I must keep forgetting... but yeah, thrift shops around here are odd.  Usually no gaming stuff, and if there are, it's usually of little interest.  Occasionally we'll get some good items, but it feels more like luck of the draw.  Games at yard sales get snatched up before they even officially open for the day, so my best bet has just been crossing my fingers at my local thrift spots.  I don't make a big trek anywhere because I don't have a car, and there's something nice about just being at the right place at the right time sometimes :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:48 pm »
I frequent Goodwill every couple days, but they don't usually have anything worthwhile. I think I've picked up two games there in two years. Halo 2 for PC and Kirby for Wii sealed which was cool.

I don't see myself hitting the thrift stores again any time soon. The flea markets have mostly dried up and what is left is mostly indoor antique booths.

My best finds have been at storage lots that open up to sell junk on the weekend.   There's another one locally I haven't checked out yet and I'll probably do that next week.

eBay is my main go-to these days.