Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 26253 times)

foxhack

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »
By the time am replying to this thread the game that I saw was already sold and the only two available at Mercado Libre are so damn expensive so this game will have to wait but I did purchase two more titles for my NES when I was on that site, the first one is Slalom and only because I saw that this was the first game developed by Rare but what's is a little strange is that it doesn't have the typical Official Nintendo Seal of Quality, the Made in Japan reference and the NES ID on the label, talked about this with some friends and they told me that it might be a a variant this game, the second one is the Pinball, both games were at the same seller store so decided to purchase them at the same time to avoid paying two postal services, only paid the miserable quantity of 12 bucks for both titles which by the way are in excellent conditions  8)

Looks like you have the first release of Slalom.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/slalom/cover-art/gameCoverId,298281/platform,22/

spac316

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2015, 06:49:38 pm »
Got Mechassault 2: Lone wolf LE for Xbox and well as the black label version of WWF War Zone for PS1, got it for a label upgrade.

theflea

« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

How I get the finds I do takes a lot of driving around and foot work for 3 days at 6 hours each day.

I'm genuinely curious as to how much gas money you'd estimate spending each week just on the hunts. One of the reasons I stopped hunting, aside from sparse and expensive pickings combined with very specific wants on my part, is that the time and gas spent didn't equal what I was coming away with. Not to mention normal wear and tear on a vehicle, which many people don't factor in but more driving equals shorter vehicle life span which means buying a new one sooner. In your case, you consistently come away with great hauls so that's not the issue.

For me, when I factored in the price of gas, and my time which is also very important, I was finding that it wasn't even close to a good balance to make it worthwhile. Again, for me. Your finds are awesome to read though :)

On average it costs about a quarter a tank of gas a day. and at current gas prices that cost is about $10-$13 a day in gas to go hunting. Where I live gas prices are about 2.50-2.75 a gallon. and it costs about $40-$50 to fill the tank from empty. As for wear on the car, ya it does. But I've had my car I currently drive for well over 6 years and so far she's a trooper. (you'd be shocked if you saw what car I drive) lol  I bought this car brand new and in 6 years it only has 58k on it for millage. I love driving it and I enjoy driving around hunting. You gotta do what you love, some people spend gas on long trips, others spend a lot of gas to commute to a job or use their car for a job. I spend the money and gas because its what I love to do. I don't spend a lot of money on trips, fancy restaurants or a family. My family is small and I spend as much time with them as I can. I have no wife or children to take care off so this is how I have fun. Hunting for new games, each week I never know what I could find.  ;)

BTW so far today I have two great finds from garage sales, a huge DS lot for $20 and a huge mixed bag full of retro video game goodness for $40. :)

I also just got in the mail a gaming console I've been trying to get my hands on for a very long time now and I finally found one not insane priced. Box is beat up but the console is in pretty nice shape. What is it? Find out Saturday night.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:30:24 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

desocietas

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2015, 09:08:20 pm »

BTW so far today I have two great finds from garage sales, a huge DS lot for $20 and a huge mixed bag full of retro video game goodness for $40. :)

Can't wait to see what you got in the batch of DS games!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2015, 01:02:56 am »
Jakks Pacific...Killin' me with all the Zelda toy stuff! lol They have three of these and I want the big 20" Link figure.

theflea

« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2015, 11:41:47 am »
holy crap did I get an incredible find today. I found a lot of games and 6 of the games in this lot alone sell for $250.  :o
And on top of that some of those games included their strategy guides.  :o :o

After that find I pretty much quit the garage sales to wait in line outside Best Buy to get my Dark Pit Amiibo.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:44:48 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

rayne315

« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2015, 01:41:23 pm »
holy crap did I get an incredible find today. I found a lot of games and 6 of the games in this lot alone sell for $250.  :o

After that find I pretty much quit the garage sales to wait in line outside Best Buy to get my Dark Pit Amiibo.  ;)

TheFlea do you work? lol. To me it seems like you are always out hunting for games, or are videogames your source of income?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

retroone

« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »
I recently took a trip to a Goodwill and got a few games.

Steam
Race The Sun
Epigenesis
Orborun

Xbox
Mortal Kombat: Deception

Xbox 360
Sneak King

theflea

« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52:44 pm »

TheFlea do you work? lol. To me it seems like you are always out hunting for games, or are videogames your source of income?

Yes I have a job, lucky for me its a graveyard shift. So by the time I get off work I can get in a small nap, then hit the sales early morning then get some more sleep once I get home then go to work in the late afternoon. I have a well paying job and it pays my bills and my hobby. I do sell the extras I get, but its only to help fund the cost of more expensive games I normally would never be able to buy. I mainly go hunting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:55:13 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2015, 07:05:00 pm »
These are from Wednesday, I haven't had much time to go hunting / digging for things.

- Lemmings 2: The Tribes (DOS) - CIB - $1! The box is a bit trashed, and I wasn't going to grab it, but I opened it and saw that it had everything... so for a buck, why not.
- Men in Black: The Game (Win 95) - $1 The game is probably garbage, but eh. I couldn't resist. :P

maximo310

« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2015, 11:59:50 pm »
I went to some Gamestops today to get some more Wii games, since I've heard that they may be discontinued there at the end of the year.

-Ju-On The Grudge
- Mushroom Men the Spore Wars
-Lost in Shadow
-Wartech: Senko no Ronde ( X360)
- Shiren the Wanderer
- Boom Blox Bash Party
-Order Up!
-Spectrobes Origins

All of these were CIB, except for Lost in Shadow and Wartech.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2015, 12:04:38 am »
Picked up an N64 console at the thrift store today (console only. No controllers.) for $10.

« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2015, 01:14:18 am »
I went to some Gamestops today to get some more Wii games, since I've heard that they may be discontinued there at the end of the year.

I might have to move on some Wii titles soon if this ends up being true. There aren't too many left I'm after, but the ones I am looking for are already a pain in the ass to find with Gamestop's search feature. Can't imagine trying to find them later on while hunting at random places.

maximo310

« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2015, 01:26:38 am »

I might have to move on some Wii titles soon if this ends up being true. There aren't too many left I'm after, but the ones I am looking for are already a pain in the ass to find with Gamestop's search feature. Can't imagine trying to find them later on while hunting at random places.
Yeah, I understand your pain. I'm extremely lucky to have a bunch of stores near me for getting some of that stuff, but I know that there a lot of areas where there aren't too many in a 100 mile radius. I'm probably going to use Gamestop for most of the $10 or less titles, and then use Amazon for stuff for some of the other titles since their prices are better for some games vs Gamestop. I'm almost done with my Wii wishlist, so I'm going to try to get the rest of those before the year ends.

desocietas

« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »
Congrats on finding a CIB Ju-on!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas