Author Topic: RPG maker  (Read 2052 times)

RPG maker
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:30 pm »
so i got RPG maker from humble bundle and ive started to really look into how to use this program properly.

If i make a game would anyone want to play it on here?
it will take me a long time as i have to come up with a story and a world.

Re: RPG maker
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:54:55 pm »
just as long as there's no day 1 DLC

telly

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »
I'd be totally down to play it, sounds like fun! :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:22:51 pm »
just as long as there's no day 1 DLC

im planning 50 DLC packs. joke.
i just have to come up with a story and work out how to use the program.
i have a few ideas and there will be easter eggs for other names and movies in there.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:50:05 pm »
Ill play it.

Not Call of Duty 1/10 - IGN

:p
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 01:47:35 am »
You made sure to get the second tier w/ rpg maker vx deluxe edition, right?

You should first pick a setting, and then work around it by filling in the other details and stuff. Getting rpg maker vx gives you a ton of options compared to the other versions available.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 06:22:08 am »
You made sure to get the second tier w/ rpg maker vx deluxe edition, right?

You should first pick a setting, and then work around it by filling in the other details and stuff. Getting rpg maker vx gives you a ton of options compared to the other versions available.

i got the entire thing.
$12 was a bargin

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »
Yeah I'd love to play it. My older brothers used to play the PlayStation 1 version, it was cool because you could save your game to a memory card so it was like having a cart to plug into your PS1. I still have it but I never really learned how to play it, but I remember it took a long ass time to get just a little bit done. Best of luck to you!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »
Is the Playstation 1 and PC version the same game?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 03:34:03 pm »
Is the Playstation 1 and PC version the same game?

No, there are several versions for the PC though, I think that there are six of them. The console versions are basically inferior but they hold there own. I think there are some for PS2 as well but I've never played them. I think they must have RPG Maker VX or VX Ace for PC.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 04:05:24 pm »
I'd be interested in trying it out!  I was eying that bundle, too... I'm not interested in making my own game in terms of writing a story or designing puzzles/levels/gameplay, but I'm interested in things like the game art aspect (making sprites, backgrounds, etc.)...

If folks are familiar with the products in this pack, do you think I should pick the bundle up to have the tools for doing something like that?

As for what I'm familiar with already... all I know is MS Paint and some aspects of Photoshop  :-[  ::)  :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »
I'd be interested in trying it out!  I was eying that bundle, too... I'm not interested in making my own game in terms of writing a story or designing puzzles/levels/gameplay, but I'm interested in things like the game art aspect (making sprites, backgrounds, etc.)...

If folks are familiar with the products in this pack, do you think I should pick the bundle up to have the tools for doing something like that?

As for what I'm familiar with already... all I know is MS Paint and some aspects of Photoshop  :-[  ::)  :P

if you want to make sprites for me and my friend feel free.
there is a sprite maker in that pack that looks pretty cool.

docsarcastic

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 04:35:49 pm »
Sounds like a lot of fun, if you ever need story ideas then I'm a writer in my free time, not to boast but I'm an aficionado in my works if I do say so myself
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

dondetti

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 05:20:15 am »
That's cool :) post your efforts when it's done!

I used RPG 2000 with the unauthorized translation patch, it was incredibly popular back then. So much fun, although I never finished a project! I always loved stuff like this, when games offered a level editors I often played around with these at least as much as with the actual game, a whole game creator that was relatively easy to use was like a dream came true. Maybe I'll get back to it some day!
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum