Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 45565 times)

gf78

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2015, 01:33:20 pm »
You don't like Castlevania?  Why not?  It's one of the best games on the system! :o

I was wondering that as well.  Castlevania is one of my top 5 all-time great game series and the first NES game was a lot of fun (challenging as hell too!).  To each their own I guess.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2015, 01:43:46 pm »
:o I hope you're not paying any ridiculous prices... If not, I need you to find me a copy, too!  ::)

My nephew is the one who is actually working on the procurement of the Valkyrie Profile games.  All four for $100.  Given the rarity of them, the condition of the PS1 and PS2 titles and the other two being new/sealed, I think it's a pretty fair price.

It's more than fair - a regular opened CIB copy of Valkyrie Profile on eBay easily goes for $75 these days by itself...  :'(  Not sure when I'll ever be able to get a replacement copy for myself.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »
It's more than fair - a regular opened CIB copy of Valkyrie Profile on eBay easily goes for $75 these days by itself...  :'(  Not sure when I'll ever be able to get a replacement copy for myself.

Yeah, I'm good with it.  It's a fair deal for the PS1 and PS2 titles, but getting the DS and PSP ones as well is icing on the cake.  Again, nothing set in concrete yet so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.  But man....I really hope this goes through.   :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

foxhack

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »
So today I got this thing.

This is a set of bundled CDs included with IBM Aptiva model computers. This is one of multiple sets issued for various models over the years. This included bundle / OEM editions of the following games:

- The Adventures of Hyperman (scratched disc)
- Silent Steel (I think this is incomplete since it's only two CDs)
- Jump Start Kindgergarten / Magic Theatre / Undersea Adventure
- Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
- Endorfun (?!) (ETA: Apparently this was later licensed by a Japanese company and sold on the SNES as Cu-On-Pa... and holy crap one of my best buddies hacked this years ago!)
- Cyberia (probably a demo)
- Sports Illustrated for Kids: The Everything You Want to Know About Sports Encyclopedia

Plus an Aptiva recovery CD (password: magic), Usng Windows 95 Multimedia (an e-Book?) and a Windows 95 Companion CD.

This was $2.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:17:08 pm by foxhack »

doafan

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)

http://i57.tinypic.com/vxevsn.jpg

Need to know if you don't care of course how much did you pay for this one, right now this title it's at my wish list and already saw one at Mercado Libre but dunno if what the seller is asking for it is so much or it's a good deal, so I need some references  ;D

You don't like Castlevania?  Why not?  It's one of the best games on the system! :o

Let's say that when I was a kiddo never owned this game but I used to play it at one of my best friends home, maybe it was because never had the chance to test it for hours in the comfort of my room like I did with Mega Man or the T.M.N.T series or maybe it's cause the game was always kicking my butt so many times most of the times even before I reached the boss of the level, this was the only Castlevania game that played at the NES, when the SNES era arrived decided to try it again so I rented the Castlevania X but the situation was the same so I completely put the series aside, now as I previously said purchased this one because of the recommendation of a friend (he's like the brother that I never had) and again because of him this morning I purchased the Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, he told me that need to play the titles in order to enjoy them, yesterday gave it a try but this game it's definitely not for me  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
I bet you wish you bought Dracula X back then...

foxhack

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
You know, for some weird reason, Dracula X is relatively common down here. I have no idea why. I remember seeing that game in several local rental shops back in the day.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2015, 02:09:22 am »
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)

http://i57.tinypic.com/vxevsn.jpg

Need to know if you don't care of course how much did you pay for this one, right now this title it's at my wish list and already saw one at Mercado Libre but dunno if what the seller is asking for it is so much or it's a good deal, so I need some references  ;D

I got it for $25 shipped.

I thought it was a decent price considering it had the manual and plastic sleeve.

When it arrived I was surprised to find the cart is practically mint condition.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:36:00 pm by dashv »

abe

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:36 am »
Got a couple birthday presents (Smash Bros and Luigi Amiibo) and some stuff I found for cheap. :)

Wii
-Dewy's Adventure
-Elebits
-Rygar: The Battle of Argus
WiiU
-Super Smash Bros for WiiU
NDS
-Metroid Prime Hunters
PSP
-Invizimals: Shadow Zone - PSP Camera Bundle

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2015, 12:29:38 pm »
How is Dewey's Adventure? It looks a traditional platformer, but by Konami. I'm intrigued.

soera

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »
I havent gotten to update this much lately as of my move ... but I have a few things to mention (pics will eventually come once I get everything in order).

First, I won a Moogle stress ball from a contest on RPGfan.com and it just arrived yesterday morning. Its really cool looking. :D
Picked up Dark Pit amiibo the day it was released from Best buy, pre-ordered that retro 3 pack amiibo set as well.
Bought Toy Soldiers for the PS4

Also, I mentioned something a little while back that I was in the process of picking up and it arrived a few days ago. I have had a feeler thread out for missing pieces of my SMS collection for months on all the forums I visit. I put up bounties and it worked. I now own the kiosk demo of Transbot which finishes off my SMS demo set. :) Im super excited to finish this set and cant wait to show it off.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

Also, I mentioned something a little while back that I was in the process of picking up and it arrived a few days ago. I have had a feeler thread out for missing pieces of my SMS collection for months on all the forums I visit. I put up bounties and it worked. I now own the kiosk demo of Transbot which finishes off my SMS demo set. :) Im super excited to finish this set and cant wait to show it off.

Congratulations, my brother!  I've been waiting for this post for a while.  Well done!

maximo310

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »
How is Dewey's Adventure? It looks a traditional platformer, but by Konami. I'm intrigued.
Well, Dewey is a droplet of water, so you move him around by tilting the Wii remote whiling holding it in the horizonital position. You can press up on the d-pad to raise temperature, and down to lower temperature which affects the levels and obstacles in your way. You can also unlock powers for Dewy over time, like becoming hard as ice, creating earthquakes, wind  that can be used by shaking the wiimote. The only downside is that its hard to control your character at times. The story is pretty simple and its made by the guy behind elebits. It's a pretty decent game, and its still very cheap so I'd reccomend picking this one up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2015, 04:03:21 pm »
Sounds fun. But they've done a lot of liquid-based physics games in the last decade.

doafan

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2015, 08:31:51 pm »
I bet you wish you bought Dracula X back then...

Guess you said this because the game is kinda rare and expensive right now and my answer is definitely no, don't have any intentions of acquiring this game in fact if you take some minutes too see my collection you will find that the most titles that I own are from the NES because it's my main console, from the SNES am just adding those titles that I rented when I was younger  ;D

I got it for $25 shipped.

I thought it was a decent price considering it had the manual and plastic sleeve.

Indeed it was a good deal, saw one in a very good condition but without the manual and the plastic sleeve for the same amount, will try yo negotiate with the seller if he can allow me to do the purchase in two weekly payments  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy