Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43960 times)

gf78

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2015, 01:24:12 pm »
If you like Front Mission 3, then you should pick up Front Mission 2 if you have a modded/jp ps1. FM2 is a step-up in FM3 in every way, although the only downside is long loading times. Still, 40% of the text is in English and its playable without needing translations, although there is a translated story script you can get if you want to understand what's going on. It's pretty cheap too, around $10-20 bucks and its a great game.

I don't have a modded unit right now, but being as I have three it should be easy to do so.  I've thought about it since I have several Final Fantasy titles from Japan as well as Snatcher and Policenauts.  I'm always looking at the import titles and it's definitely something I consider.  Thanks for the heads-up on this particular title.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

maximo310

« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:17 pm »
If you like Front Mission 3, then you should pick up Front Mission 2 if you have a modded/jp ps1. FM2 is a step-up in FM3 in every way, although the only downside is long loading times. Still, 40% of the text is in English and its playable without needing translations, although there is a translated story script you can get if you want to understand what's going on. It's pretty cheap too, around $10-20 bucks and its a great game.

I don't have a modded unit right now, but being as I have three it should be easy to do so.  I've thought about it since I have several Final Fantasy titles from Japan as well as Snatcher and Policenauts.  I'm always looking at the import titles and it's definitely something I consider.  Thanks for the heads-up on this particular title.
Yes, modding a PS1 isn't too difficult from the methods I've seen. The PS1 has a lot of good ports, especially for some arcade titles so if you're interesting in learning more about ps1 imports, then let me know.

devancowan

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:12 pm »
Just picked up Rare Replay on the Xb One today. Was on a hunt for it, going to 4 different Ebgames. Finally got it though and with over 10,000 gamerscore it will keep me busy for a while :D

argyle

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »
I headed one town over on Sunday & visited the mom & pop game shop while I was there. I had $15 credit with them, and I brought 2 extra GC controllers (above & beyond the 4 I'm keeping ;) ) which they gave me $15/each for. Used the credit + $5 to grab mint copies of Shenmue II for the Xbox and Fatal Frame III for the PS2. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »
Does anyone here collect for the Tandy Coco? I know there's a few who have some stuff but I don't see many posts about it that I don't make. Anyway, at a local Cash Converters I picked up another Coco 2 with a boxed set of two joysticks for $10 last week. They wanted $80 but since they were going out of business I just waited them out. No one else in my area seems to have any interest in the color computer.

foxhack

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2015, 06:56:56 pm »
I've stumbled upon a few games for that thing over the years. Nobody here knows what it is. I think I have a couple of cart games for it somewhere, complete in blister pack.

doafan

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2015, 07:12:10 pm »
Gotta love Monday's but only when I receive games cause a couple of minutes ago I just received another two NES titles where have to admit that I totally hate the first one but my little brother told me that if am collecting gems from this console it would be unacceptable not to have this one at my collection, I'm talking about the Castlevania found the 5 screw version of this cartridge at Mercado Libre in only 15 bucks which is a very good deal even cheaper than Amazon or eBay also the same seller had the Ice Hockey for only 5.81 bucks so decided to give it a try, both titles are in good condition with a shiny label and both are first release since none of them have the Nintendo Seal of Quality  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

devancowan

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »
Gotta love Monday's but only when I receive games cause a couple of minutes ago I just received another two NES titles where have to admit that I totally hate the first one but my little brother told me that if am collecting gems from this console it would be unacceptable not to have this one at my collection, I'm talking about the Castlevania found the 5 screw version of this cartridge at Mercado Libre in only 15 bucks which is a very good deal even cheaper than Amazon or eBay also the same seller had the Ice Hockey for only 5.81 bucks so decided to give it a try, both titles are in good condition with a shiny label and both are first release since none of them have the Nintendo Seal of Quality  8)

Ice Hockey is sooo fun!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2015, 11:33:51 pm »
Two more wishlist items arrived:

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)

Almost came home with a new 40" led TV and an Xbox One. Best Buy was having a sale. But they sold out. :(

theflea

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2015, 06:35:37 am »
Does anyone here collect for the Tandy Coco? I know there's a few who have some stuff but I don't see many posts about it that I don't make. Anyway, at a local Cash Converters I picked up another Coco 2 with a boxed set of two joysticks for $10 last week. They wanted $80 but since they were going out of business I just waited them out. No one else in my area seems to have any interest in the color computer.

Nice find, I own a Tandy Coco, Mine is the original silver version. I rescued mine from a garbage can some years back.
The thing is heavy and made like a tank, If I put all my weight on it it would not crack. lol
I would have loved to find that for $10, heck I'd be tempted to just spend the $80. lol
Most any of the 70s and 80s Console Computers (Atari 400, 800, TI-99a, C64, Vic20 Coco) only have a niche collector market. I love finding the old console computers, I just avoid PC and MAC stuff. again awesome find.  8)

Here's my Coco.  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:43:47 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

gf78

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2015, 08:48:04 am »
I headed one town over on Sunday & visited the mom & pop game shop while I was there. I had $15 credit with them, and I brought 2 extra GC controllers (above & beyond the 4 I'm keeping ;) ) which they gave me $15/each for. Used the credit + $5 to grab mint copies of Shenmue II for the Xbox and Fatal Frame III for the PS2. :D

Good catch on both.  The Shenmue games have been skyrocketing in price since the announcement of the 3rd title and the Fatal Frame games are high as-is.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2015, 08:57:40 am »
Super-stoked!  I added three games to my collection last night:

Chrono Trigger for the DS like-new and complete
Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS like-new and complete
Ehrgeiz-God Bless the Ring for the PS1 like-new and complete (except a light dust scratch)

Ehrgeiz is particularly important as it is title 25/25 for my Squaresoft PlayStation collection!   :D ;D 8) :P  As soon as it arrives, I'll post a pic of all 25 games together like one big, happy family!

The next bit of exciting news....I may have secured like-new copies of Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 as well as the Lenneth and Covenant of the Plume new/sealed!!!!!  I am hoping beyond hope that this goes through as these are four of my most sought-after games and I will have all four in one shot. 

desocietas

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:27 am »
Super-stoked!  I added three games to my collection last night:

Chrono Trigger for the DS like-new and complete
Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS like-new and complete
Ehrgeiz-God Bless the Ring for the PS1 like-new and complete (except a light dust scratch)

Ehrgeiz is particularly important as it is title 25/25 for my Squaresoft PlayStation collection!   :D ;D 8) :P  As soon as it arrives, I'll post a pic of all 25 games together like one big, happy family!

The next bit of exciting news....I may have secured like-new copies of Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 as well as the Lenneth and Covenant of the Plume new/sealed!!!!!  I am hoping beyond hope that this goes through as these are four of my most sought-after games and I will have all four in one shot.

:o I hope you're not paying any ridiculous prices... If not, I need you to find me a copy, too!  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:54 am »
:o I hope you're not paying any ridiculous prices... If not, I need you to find me a copy, too!  ::)

My nephew is the one who is actually working on the procurement of the Valkyrie Profile games.  All four for $100.  Given the rarity of them, the condition of the PS1 and PS2 titles and the other two being new/sealed, I think it's a pretty fair price.

I'm dreading the price for some of the PS1 games I'm after.  Tomba, Tomba 2, Tactics Ogre, Klonoa and Skullmonkeys are pretty damn expensive.  And the Capcom fighters aren't on the cheap side either.   :'(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:47:12 am by gf78 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:16 pm »
Gotta love Monday's but only when I receive games cause a couple of minutes ago I just received another two NES titles where have to admit that I totally hate the first one but my little brother told me that if am collecting gems from this console it would be unacceptable not to have this one at my collection, I'm talking about the Castlevania found the 5 screw version of this cartridge at Mercado Libre in only 15 bucks which is a very good deal even cheaper than Amazon or eBay also the same seller had the

You don't like Castlevania?  Why not?  It's one of the best games on the system! :o