Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43958 times)

karyann

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2015, 09:10:44 pm »
I havent gotten to update this much lately as of my move ... but I have a few things to mention (pics will eventually come once I get everything in order).

First, I won a Moogle stress ball from a contest on RPGfan.com and it just arrived yesterday morning. Its really cool looking. :D
Picked up Dark Pit amiibo the day it was released from Best buy, pre-ordered that retro 3 pack amiibo set as well.
Bought Toy Soldiers for the PS4

Also, I mentioned something a little while back that I was in the process of picking up and it arrived a few days ago. I have had a feeler thread out for missing pieces of my SMS collection for months on all the forums I visit. I put up bounties and it worked. I now own the kiosk demo of Transbot which finishes off my SMS demo set. :) Im super excited to finish this set and cant wait to show it off.

That's really neat, congrats!  :D I guess completing a set must be a pretty special feeling.

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2015, 09:37:31 pm »
It pays to be a regular at local game stores. Picked the Wii games up B1G1 and Max Payne was $5. Walked out for just over $20 after tax :)

soera

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2015, 11:11:32 pm »
I havent gotten to update this much lately as of my move ... but I have a few things to mention (pics will eventually come once I get everything in order).

First, I won a Moogle stress ball from a contest on RPGfan.com and it just arrived yesterday morning. Its really cool looking. :D
Picked up Dark Pit amiibo the day it was released from Best buy, pre-ordered that retro 3 pack amiibo set as well.
Bought Toy Soldiers for the PS4

Also, I mentioned something a little while back that I was in the process of picking up and it arrived a few days ago. I have had a feeler thread out for missing pieces of my SMS collection for months on all the forums I visit. I put up bounties and it worked. I now own the kiosk demo of Transbot which finishes off my SMS demo set. :) Im super excited to finish this set and cant wait to show it off.

That's really neat, congrats!  :D I guess completing a set must be a pretty special feeling.

Yeah it is. Once I get pics of it and submitted, it will be the first completed set on NA/SA. :)

gf78

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2015, 09:55:08 am »
Well...it's been a productive week thus far.  Picked up some good games, some great games and some outrageously HTF games at a decent price for...well, a decent price.  Without further ado:

PlayStation
Valkyrie Profile mint & complete
Sony-brand grey memory card in good working condition
Interact blue memory card in good working condition

PlayStation 2
Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria mint & complete

PlayStation 3
Vanquish complete with shelf wear
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 complete with shelf wear

PlayStation 4
DMC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition like-new
Tropico 5 like-new
Project Cars like-new

PSP
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth new/sealed
Star Ocean Second Evolution like-new

Wii
Metroid Other M complete with shelf wear (thanks to Nintendo's cheap-ass eco-cases, the cover art is dinged in but not ripped)

Nintendo DS
Valkyrie Profile-Covenant of the Plume new/sealed
Final Fantasy IV
Castlevania-Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania-Order of Ecclesia
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2015, 12:38:13 pm »
Sooo envious of the Valkyrie Profile stuff - you'll have to let me know if you see a similar deal again ;P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:51 pm »
Sooo envious of the Valkyrie Profile stuff - you'll have to let me know if you see a similar deal again ;P

Will do!  I've been both looking forward to/dreading going after these games.  On one hand, I loved the first and couldn't wait to get it again.  On the other, I dreaded the price for them.  But for the price, getting 1 & 2 in mint condition and the DS and PSP games still sealed....Yeah.  I can do that.

On a side note, I need to really get ahold of my uncle.  He has an Atari 2600 with a few dozen games.  What makes his collection so special is that when he bought the system back in it's heyday, he also picked up X-Man, Custer's Revenge and Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em.  Three pretty rare & valuable titles.  Would love to add all that nostalgic goodness to my collection!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:30:51 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

foxhack

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »
I traded some things for a Walmart gift card, so I went to the local one across the border from me and finally picked up this thing.

They'd had this on clearance for $12 for about two months but they finally lowered the price this week and so I bit on it. Of course, with my luck, it'll end up in a Humble Bundle in a few minutes or in a main one next Tuesday since they just announced a Kickstarter for the sequel.

So I'm not opening this just yet. :p

gf78

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2015, 05:33:48 pm »

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »
While I haven't technically got the item yet, I just won an auction for an item that competes a big milestone in one of my console collections. I'll be posting pics when it comes! Very, very excited about it :D

davifus

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »
Chocobo Racing! Im still looking for a rear label for that.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2015, 09:16:38 pm »
I swear, it might as well have been 2011 today when deals were abundant when hunting for games in the wild! I scored at every place I went looking for games. The highlight is the almost CIB red Wii that ws picked up for $30. God, I miss when hunting used to be this fun. At least I had a day like I used to have again :)

argyle

« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2015, 07:45:50 am »
I've been eyeing this since Gamestop got them in last year, but their price was too rich for my blood. They marked it down on clearance this week to $10, and I got my wife to swing by & pickup the last one in town for me. :D

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2015, 09:59:10 am »

My complete SMS kiosk demo set. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2015, 10:45:49 am »
Soera

Congrats, my brother.  That's huge.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:33 am »

Nice pickup dude. Must have cost you a mint.