Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43955 times)

desocietas

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2015, 01:14:19 pm »
gf78, bikingjahuty ...

you two are KILLING me.  gf78 has the rpg collection I've been trying to work on for most of my life and bikingjahuty, I'm so envious about the cheap red wii!  And Reboot, PaRappa, and Little King's Story?  Nice haul :D I really enjoyed LKS.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2015, 02:52:19 pm »
I hopped by the dollar store to see if they had brought any new DVDs and I saw they had a sign there that said all items in that particular shelf were 4 for a dollar. They didn't have much of a selection anymore, just lots of Martha Stewart cooking DVDs, some random Christian / family movies, but they also had a bunch of cheapy PC game things in there, so I took a gamble, took 'em to the register, told the clerk they were in a shelf that said 4 for 99, and she adjusted the price on the stuff.

Now about the games...

Don't judge me. THEY WERE A QUARTER EACH. SHUT UP. :'(

retroone

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »
Today I visited a couple local stores and found a few games.

Goodwill finds

Alias (PC)

Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 w/ No Pad (Xbox)

Game Stop finds

Qubed (360)

Asphalt 3D (3DS)

davifus

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2015, 04:10:01 pm »
I hopped by the dollar store to see if they had brought any new DVDs and I saw they had a sign there that said all items in that particular shelf were 4 for a dollar. They didn't have much of a selection anymore, just lots of Martha Stewart cooking DVDs, some random Christian / family movies, but they also had a bunch of cheapy PC game things in there, so I took a gamble, took 'em to the register, told the clerk they were in a shelf that said 4 for 99, and she adjusted the price on the stuff.

Now about the games...

Don't judge me. THEY WERE A QUARTER EACH. SHUT UP. :'(

Best Pickup of 2015
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
A) I'm a little bit of an idiot

B) I think I may have just struck an amazing deal. 

I'll let y'all know more tomorrow after I have my hands on it.

abe

« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:07 pm »
Picked up Nier on the 360 for $5 today.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dondetti

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »
Got some wants off my list today. I got Front Mission together with Torneko because it was really cheap and why not, it's Squaresoft on Super Nintendo. Shining in the Darkness is actually the PAL Mega Drive Version.

I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

maximo310

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »
Got some wants off my list today. I got Front Mission together with Torneko because it was really cheap and why not, it's Squaresoft on Super Nintendo. Shining in the Darkness is actually the PAL Mega Drive Version.

Front Mission is an awesome game, I played and completed it last year. All of the basic menus are already in English, although if you want to get in the story( which is pretty good as well) you should check out the translation script/patch. Its a pretty fun srpg and it still looks really good for being a Super Famicom game.

dondetti

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

Front Mission is an awesome game, I played and completed it last year. All of the basic menus are already in English, although if you want to get in the story( which is pretty good as well) you should check out the translation script/patch. Its a pretty fun srpg and it still looks really good for being a Super Famicom game.

Yeah some pics I've looked up beforehand made me think this would probably be a good buy! I can read some japanese well enough to get the gist of the dialogue but wouldn't mind a script at hand too.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2015, 07:26:46 pm »
For me, this is one of those "I never thought I'd ever find this in my life" kinda finds. Tandy Color Computer games are hard to find outside of ebay and this particular title I don't think I've ever seen since the days it was sold at Radio Shack stores themselves. This was the first One on One Basketball I've ever played and really enjoyed it. Found it online, not locally, but through an Amiga fan site which sold some vintage computer equipment and software for $20 shipped. Still sealed, this is a big find for me. It's one of those titles I wouldn't have even bothered putting on a wish list since I never expected to run across it. The picture is a scan I took for the site.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2015, 11:56:04 pm »

Intriguing...

Found these at the thrift store today.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2015, 09:41:49 am »

Well, I had an amazing deal on 2 arcade cabinets worked out. I just had to drive 4 hours to get it.
Now, I can't find anyone to help me load and unload the things. Damn it.

Maximum Force and Crisis Zone for $200. Unreal price. Oh well.

soera

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2015, 10:19:47 am »
Ill help you!

theflea

« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2015, 04:58:50 pm »
I see everyone is getting some nice finds, I'm done with the garage sales and I picked up something I never thought I'd buy but it was just to cheap to say no. lol

First my store/online buys...

A One Piece steel book for free.

Picked up a bunch of Wii and DS games for .99c each at a used game store. Nothing exciting just at .99c I'd buy anything I was missing in my collection.  :P
Wii
- Tale of Despereaux
- Around the World in 50 Games!
- Luxor 3
NDS
- Gourmet Chef
- Picross DS
- Zenses Rainforest
- Gem Quest 4 Elements

GG
A friend of mine gave me some extra Gamegear games he had.
- Greendog
- Bonkers Wax Up
- Super Return of the Jedi

Kinda went nuts online with some paypal credit and bought some Japanese games. Here just some that have come in the mail already.

SAT
- Sengoku Blade

PCECD
- Advanced V.G. Variable Geo

SFAM
- Super V.G. Variable Geo

MCD
- Warau Salesman

Then I saw one of these rare games not insane priced and had some paypal credit and figured sure why not.  :P
NES
- Racermate Challenge II (with adapter) just need the sensors and bike to play lol

Now for the Garage Sales...

Overall it was slow for finds this weekend. Not a lot of sales to begin with and each day only had a couple decent finds.

Found a G1 Optimus Prime for $2.

A genesis plug and play console for $3.

Some random Wii games from various sales..
Wii
- Ski Shoot ($2)
- Hooked! ($2)
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince ($2)
- SoulCalibur Legends ($2)
- Dream Salon ($1)

PS2
Picked up several random PS2 games from random sales. All these games where $1 or under.
- Eye Toy Antigrav
- Karaoke Revolution Party
- Risk
- Cabela's African Safari (Going to name my character Dr. Walter Palmer and get eaten by a Lion)  ;D
- Pump It Up: Exceed
- Family Feud
- Open Season
- Midway Arcade Treasures 2
- Big Mutha Truckers 2
- Gun
- Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Boomstick
- Jaws Unleashed
- Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
- Red Dead Revolver

XB
Found both of there at one sale for .50c each.
- NFL Street
- Armed & Dangerous

PS1
Picked these up for $1 each.
- Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
- Metal Gear Solid

NES
Stopped at a sale that advertised Playstaion and while they did have a PS1 with some crappy sport games for $50. (ya i passed) They also had a NES with 4 games, A Player Guide, hookups, 1 controller, 1 Max controller and a grey Zapper for $15. lol
- Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
- Golf
- Adventures of Bayou Billy
- Jackal

GEN
Then later that day stopped at a random garage sale late in the day and saw a Boxed Sega Genesis Model 2 and made a beeline for it and it had a stack of games, I asked how much I was told $15 for it all and I payed the man. lol
- Agassi Tennis (with case)
- NBA Live 97 (CIB)
- NBA Live 98 (CIB)
- NBA Action 94 (CIB)
- World Series Baseball 96 (with manual)
- World Championship Soccer II (CIB)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (CIB)
- Batman Forever (CIB)
- Pac-Attack (CIB)
- Columns (with manual)
- Toy Story (with manual)
- Bonkers (with manual)

N64
On Friday I was out for a long time and found nothing I thought for sure it was going to be a waste of a day but out of nowhere I stopped at a sale that was all baby stuff and asked about games and the lady said she might have something and went inside her house. She brought out a N64 with 2 controllers, all hookups, Ram Expansion Pak, and 4 games. for $20.
- Magical Tetris Challenge
- Iggy's Reckin' Balls
- Mario Party 2
- Mario Party 3

And last on Saturday I was out picking up mostly the Wii & PS2 games then at a random sale I saw this...
- Big Electronic Games Konami Arcade Machine (12 games in One Arcade)
It sold for about $500 and the guy couldn't get the sound to work and gave it to me for $50, I got it home and put it together and figured out that you just had to turn the volume up buy holding a couple buttons down. lol
so ya, I got this cool little arcade machine for $50.  8)  Here's what games are on it.
    Frogger
    Green Beret
    Blades of Steel
    Contra
    Gyruss
    Castlevania
    Hyper Sports
    Time Pilot '84
    Shao-Lins Road
    Jungler
    Scramble
    Super Basketball

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:54:46 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

gf78

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2015, 07:52:06 pm »

Nice pickup dude. Must have cost you a mint.

:-X. Yeah...it was pricey. But it's something I've wanted to do for many years now.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us