Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 44041 times)

abe

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »
Got a few things this week, much of it unexpected.

First up, I won a few items in a trivia contest NISA was holding on their Twitch stream:

This will perhaps make my D-brotha, Disgaeaniac, a little jelly:

Lanyard, keychain/charm thing, and a Prinny hoodie, all imported from Japan by NISA to giveaway :)

Awesome stuff! :o That mage cell phone strap is great. NISA's online store carries the Etna, Flonne, and Laharl versions, but I didn't know there were others.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2015, 03:25:35 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the silver tops are probably from the Greatest Hits version?

I'm pretty sure that's right. My greatest hits copy of FFVII has silver tops, and I think the black label versions of those games have white tops with various graphics on them depending on the game. :) Very nice finds!

Never did mention that I grabbed a disc of Suikoden a few weeks ago. I won't be playing it for a while though, so I think that's why I forgot about it...
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2015, 03:32:24 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the silver tops are probably from the Greatest Hits version?

I'm pretty sure that's right. My greatest hits copy of FFVII has silver tops, and I think the black label versions of those games have white tops with various graphics on them depending on the game. :) Very nice finds!

Never did mention that I grabbed a disc of Suikoden a few weeks ago. I won't be playing it for a while though, so I think that's why I forgot about it...

Nice work on the Suikoden!  Yeah, that's what I thought about the silver tops, but I wasn't finding any conclusive info online. Just a lot of speculation. But as far as I know, yeah, white tops for black label prints.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:55 pm »

Hell naw, I missed seeing you model this?!

If anything, the discs were silver tops while the incomplete copy has white tops.  Am I right in thinking that the silver tops are probably from the Greatest Hits version?

Yes, silver tops are from GH versions. Some more info here. Check disc 3, some of them are actually a Spongebob game. :o

I'd never seen anything like the Memory Card case but decided to take it when we found 2 Sony-branded PS2 and 1 Sony-branded PS1 memory cards inside.  There were a few third party ones, too, but I figured it was worth a shot to see if the older memory cards were still functioning.

I have a few of those Performance cases for PS1, and they're standard CD sized. Each one can hold four standard or third party PS1 memory cards. They're useful for keeping things tidy.

Cool finds, deso.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:53:51 pm by foxhack »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2015, 03:55:51 pm »

PLAY SUIKODEN 1 NOW! Its so pure and so good, although you did play 2 first so thats arguably probably a better game. Idk I've only played 1 so we will have to defer to Kash for this.

spac316

« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2015, 07:09:30 pm »
I bought Rare Replay for XBox One today.

desocietas

« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:52 pm »

Hell naw, I missed seeing you model this?!

If anything, the discs were silver tops while the incomplete copy has white tops.  Am I right in thinking that the silver tops are probably from the Greatest Hits version?

Yes, silver tops are from GH versions. Some more info here. Check disc 3, some of them are actually a Spongebob game. :o

Haha, I know - when you were leaving the stream, I thought, "nuuu, Fox, you're gonna miss the good stuff!" It's still up in my past broadcasts at the end of the stream if you really want to see the video of it  ::)

And that's great to know about the weird GH variants.  We'll definitely have to check if we got Spongebob or not...  :-[

Also, that page will hopefully get updated now that a remake is finally being discussed (and not just another tech demo... hopefully).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

This is so awesome, I want one too!  :o Congrats on winning all these cool items  :D

theflea

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2015, 06:13:53 pm »
Its been a slow weekend for garage sales. I barely found anything this week.
I only had one good find this week (as far as garage sales go) it was mostly scraps.

Here's my Store/Online pick ups...

PC
- Retro City Rampage 486
Figured I'd pick this up to go with the other 2, but might use it to trade.

NDS
I saw a video of this and figured I had to get a copy to complete my Zelda series. lol
- Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

CD32
- Trolls

SFAM
- Cosmo Gang the Video

FDS
- Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa

Now onto Garage Sales...

The first sale I went to advertised Video Games and showed a picture of a huge stack of PS1 games. When I got there there was already a line of known resellers holding empty boxes waiting for the sale to open. They where all saying they where going to buy everything and acted like they where going to fight anyone in their way. The sale was an hour away from opening and I figured this wasn't worth my time, I'll hit other sales while these guys fight it out.

Wii
Picked up both of these for $5.
- Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Elebits

XB
Found this stack for again $5.
- Gun
- Midnight Club 3
- World Championship Poker 2

I later went back to that sale that had the line of resellers and found the guy still had a lot left. Nothing to get excited about but for $2 each, I can't complain.
PS1
- Tomb Raider
- Tomb Raider III
- Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits
- Midway Arcade's Greatest Hits 2
- South Park Rally (disc only was in with DC game below) so.. Free. lol
DC
- South Park Rally

PS2
Stopped at a sale and the girl said she had game boy stuff to sell, I wait and she brings out a stack of PS2 games. I offered $5 for the stack and she was happy. I asked about the game boy stuff and she said she couldn't find it.  :-\
- Toy Story 3
- Petz Horsez 2
- Friends
- Tom & Jerry War of the Whiskers
- Stuntman Ignition
- Manhunt 2
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
- Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning

A sale advertised Super Nintendo so I raced to the sale and got there right as they started to set up, I asked about the SNES and the guy went to go get it, I waited in excitement and he brings out a large box (yay) and I look inside only to see the worst condition SNES I've ever seen, I picked it up and it rattled like there was a bunch of rocks in it. There was no games but did have 1 original controller, AC adapter and 2 off brand controllers and the guy wanted $20 for it. And it came with no games at all. So needless to say I passed.  :-\

PS3
Not to far from this last sale was another that advertised NDS and 3DS, They only listed the street but not the address number, so I get to the street and it was a short street and I see no signs of a sale. I drive in circles til I see a lady opening a garage and I see stacks of totes, I think this might be it and walk up and ask the lady. She tells me the sale was cancelled. I ask about the NDS and 3DS and she said the NDS games where in a storage unit.  :-\ The 3DS her son couldn't find.  :-\ but he did bring out a stack of PS3 games and some Disney Infinity Figures. So I bought everything here for $15.
- Disney Infinity with plate and 6 figures.
- Lego Batman
- Wipeout 2
later found these two PS3 games for $1 each.
- Sniper Elite V2
- Farcry 3

GB
This was my best find of this blah weekend. I stopped at a random sale and this was one of those sales that looked like a junk yard. lol Just full of crap everywhere. I asked about games and the lady said she had a Game Boy and she digs around and finds a clear original Game Boy with 4 games in the plastic shell it was sold in. I asked how much? She said  make an offer and I thought I'd start low and say $10. She then says "I might go $20" then She says no I'll have to check Ebay. I'm thinking well there goes this sale. lol I told her I don't go to garage sales to pay retail and she still says no she has to look it up on Ebay. She looks on her phone and shows me a Game boy going for $60. I said again I can't pay that. I was about to leave when she says I'll go $25 and at that point I said deal. lol Here's the games.
- Tetris
- Super Mario Land
- Dr. Mario
- Mario Picross (with manual)

It definitely was a poor week for garage sales (at least for me) lol

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:16:12 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

telly

« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2015, 06:37:21 pm »
Got a blue PS2 controller for 99 cents at a Salvation Army. Was missing a thumbstick cover but I have a spare from an old unworking one so I'll just swap the sticks out :D

I was verrrry close to buying a Genesis model 2, but it was $14.99 untested with no controller or hook ups and I didn't have my phone to check how much something like that was going for. In the end I think I made the right decision to not go for it haha
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

foxhack

« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »
I bought a Batman: Arkham Knight code for PC from a guy on Reddit for eight bucks. The game performs HORRIBLY but damn it's a looker. I can't wait for the fixes... it's playable but it has lots of freezes. :(

retroone

« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:17 pm »
I was browsing Game Stop and found Brutal Legend, Call of Duty 4, and Medal of Honor for $10 total. Medal of Honor in particular was only 89 cents and the DLC codes weren't used. The only game I had got around to playing was Brutal Legend and that game just screams metal. I've been having tons of fun with it and plan on beating it.

« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »
I was browsing Game Stop and found Brutal Legend, Call of Duty 4, and Medal of Honor for $10 total. Medal of Honor in particular was only 89 cents and the DLC codes weren't used. The only game I had got around to playing was Brutal Legend and that game just screams metal. I've been having tons of fun with it and plan on beating it.

Brutal Legend is one of my favorite games.  Bit flawed in the RTS type of combat, but SO METAL!

gf78

« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2015, 09:15:11 pm »

I bought that game at launch.  I knew I had to have it when I learned the main character was named Eddie Riggs. For those who don't know, Eddie is Iron Maiden's mascot and was originally illustrated by Derek Riggs. What a tribute to the lords of metal. Up the Irons!!!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2015, 09:39:26 pm »

Brutal Legend is easily one of my favorites from the last generation. I'm a big metal-head. They were supposedly working on a sequel. I wonder what happened with that.