Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43964 times)

maximo310

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:07 pm »
I was browsing Game Stop and found Brutal Legend, Call of Duty 4, and Medal of Honor for $10 total. Medal of Honor in particular was only 89 cents and the DLC codes weren't used. The only game I had got around to playing was Brutal Legend and that game just screams metal. I've been having tons of fun with it and plan on beating it.

Brutal Legend is easily one of my favorites from the last generation. I'm a big metal-head. They were supposedly working on a sequel. I wonder what happened with that.
It got cancelled back in 2010. The creator(Tim Schafer) still wants to go back to the franchise and make a sequel( full sequel or DLC), although the main problem is fundraising money to make it, since he said the original Brutal Legend cost 25 mil to make, and getting that money or more for a sequel would be difficult, according to him.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2015, 11:09:51 pm »
I was browsing Game Stop and found Brutal Legend, Call of Duty 4, and Medal of Honor for $10 total. Medal of Honor in particular was only 89 cents and the DLC codes weren't used. The only game I had got around to playing was Brutal Legend and that game just screams metal. I've been having tons of fun with it and plan on beating it.

Brutal Legend is easily one of my favorites from the last generation. I'm a big metal-head. They were supposedly working on a sequel. I wonder what happened with that.
It got cancelled back in 2010. The creator(Tim Schafer) still wants to go back to the franchise and make a sequel( full sequel or DLC), although the main problem is fundraising money to make it, since he said the original Brutal Legend cost 25 mil to make, and getting that money or more for a sequel would be difficult, according to him.

In a nutshell the same thing that happened to psychonauts 2.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2015, 12:20:58 am »
Most of it is probably for licensing fees for the music, I'm sure. Maybe a Kickstarter?

Some bands have members that are big enough gamers they might even give them it for a nominal fee. I've heard of some bands licensing their music to good causes or personal interests for like $1, before

retroone

« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2015, 11:24:25 am »

In a nutshell the same thing that happened to psychonauts 2.

Well we can still dream.

After researching all of this I did find this interesting article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/brutal-legend-remains-double-fine-s-best-selling-g/1100-6427036/

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2015, 03:46:43 am »
Picked up a PSOne, carry bag, lcd screen, and 10 disc only games on impulse for $60.

Not the best deal in the world but better than eBay prices.

Also discovered the $10 PSOne console only I picked up two weeks ago from Savers doesn't work right (movies & music skips). So it turned out to be a good thing I grabbed this one. Works perfectly and gave me an excuse to beat Area 51 again. :)

Also pictured is some Japanese soccer game I bough new for Game Gear because it came with a game link cable. At $10 with free international shipping it was actually cheaper to go this route than to buy a crappy used cable in the states for $20 +shipping!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:48:58 am by dashv »

gf78

« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 08:53:31 am »
August 22, 2015 update

PlayStation
PlayStation 7501 console (yellowed, but fully functional)
Grandia complete (waiting on arrival to see condition...took a chance on a great deal)
Dead or Alive complete and like-new
Norse by Norsewest:  Return of the Lost Vikings complete & like-new
Oddworld:  Abe's Exoddus complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the discs
MotorToon Grand Prix complete with light shelf wear
Crash Bash complete with light shelf wear
Beyond the Beyond complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
WipEout 3 complete with light shelf wear
Jade Cocoon-Story of the Tamamayu complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Porsche Challenge complete with light shelf wear
Hot Shots Golf 2 complete with light shelf wear
Grand Theft Auto Director's Cut complete with light shelf wear
Grand Theft Auto London Expansion Pack complete with light shelf wear, light scratches on disc and light water damage to bottom edge of manual
Grand Theft Auto 2 Collector's Edition version complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Contra Legacy of War complete with light shelf wear
Alone in the Dark-The New Nightmare complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the discs

PlayStation 2
Timesplitters complete with light shelf wear
Life-Line complete with light shelf wear
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories complete (except map) with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories brand-new/sealed
Devil Kings complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
The Bard's Tale complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Dark Cloud 2 complete in like-new condition

PlayStation 3
Assassin's Creed III Gamestop Exclusive Edition new/sealed
Unreal Tournament 3 complete with light shelf wear
Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire complete with light shelf wear
MindJack complete with light shelf wear
Castlevania Lords of Shadow complete like-new
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 new/sealed

PlayStation 4
Grand Theft Auto V new/sealed
J-Stars Victory Vs. + new/sealed
Until Dawn new/sealed (already paid for, just waiting till tomorrow to get it...so I might as well just put it down here)

Nintendo 3DS
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate complete and like-new

Nintendo Wii
MadWorld complete with light shelf wear
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars complete with light shelf wear
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 11:45:35 am »
Picked up a few things/got some mail over the past few days.

Finally got around to buying a PlayStation TV now that they're half the price they were when they launched. :) Unfortunately, they seem to be discontinued already, even though it's been less than a year since they were released in North America. That was part of the reason I decided to finally get one.

LlittleBigPlanet Karting and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale were $5 each, sealed, and The Wolf Among Us was $10, sealed. Puzzle Star Sweep was a few bucks on eBay.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dondetti

« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:34 am »

Nothing incredible, more a personal thing. I loved playing this on the PS1 on CDR back then as I wasn't able to do so on the PC. I wanted to finally get the real deal :). It's actually a pretty good port IMO, though it gobbles memory card space like a total asshole.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

thewelshman

« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2015, 01:19:10 pm »
Since getting married my purchasing has slowed some.

PS Vita
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Steins;Gate (EU Release)
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal
Lost Dimensions

Xbox One
Xbox One: Master Chief Collection Bundle
Final Fantasy Type-0: Day 1 Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition

doafan

« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2015, 06:04:47 pm »
The month is ending but before that I was finally able to complete another trilogy for my NES, for the amount of $ 23.65 dollars am the owner of a copy in excellent shape of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse and it seems that this will the last game that I'll purchase from this franchise, the second part of this series is just keeping dust at a shoes box, have to be honest but didn't tested it, this one will suffer the same destiny anyway I was able to find another strategy guide for my collection, am a huge fan of the Silent Hill games where this one is my third favorite, I'll date my PS2 just to complete all the unlockables cause it seems that didn't completed this title at 100%  ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:06:38 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2015, 11:11:24 pm »
Have wanted this since I first heard about it. One of my favorite games of all time, can't wait to play it in HD :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:46 am »
Have wanted this since I first heard about it. One of my favorite games of all time, can't wait to play it in HD :D

Japanese version?

« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:29 am »

Japanese version?

No, it's technically the Asian Version which comes with the original English dub. The Japanese release might also, but I went with this one just because it says Resident Evil on the cover rather than Biohazard. Also has a manual that is completely in English. It's the little things :p

gf78

« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:24 am »

Japanese version?

No, it's technically the Asian Version which comes with the original English dub. The Japanese release might also, but I went with this one just because it says Resident Evil on the cover rather than Biohazard. Also has a manual that is completely in English. It's the little things :p

I'm at work and can't see pics since our "security" blocks images and videos...but I'm assuming the blank spot on my screen is where there should be a pic of Resident Evil remake for the PS3?  I've been mulling over importing an Asian copy as well since it says Resident Evil and has English language tracks and manual.   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24:55 am »
Picked up four more games last night.

PlayStation 3
Alice Madness Returns complete & like-new
Nier complete with light shelf wear

PlayStation 4
Akiba's Trip:  Undead and Undressed complete & like-new
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition like-new

Not sure if the Atlas Pro Edition is technically complete.  It has the outer box, steel case with disc and two inserts and the hardcover book.  For $40, I couldn't pass it up.