Author Topic: Add Steam Machines?  (Read 1297 times)

Add Steam Machines?
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:09:14 pm »
So I picked up the Syber Vapor a couple months ago, but was wondering if we are going to add them on this site, I know there are tons of different versions and multiple steam machines, should I add it?

Re: Add Steam Machines?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:56:18 pm »
PC gaming has kinda been a touchy subject in that it can become a very slippery slope. -Mainly because it would be a ridiculous task to catalog every computer and every computer component that was branded as a "gaming" product.

In regards to Steam Machines what's the criteria to be titled a Steam Machine? So far from what I understand the manufacturer just has to have SteamOS installed on it, and have a certain size factor. If that's the case we could be looking at practically an infinite amount of Steam Machines. If I were to set up a business tomorrow, I could start making and selling my own Steam Machines.

I can appreciate people wanting to show off their collection or even just wanted to list different models in the database, but I doubt too many people will be collecting Steam Machines. It's not [my] decision. That's just the way I see it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:45:40 pm by badATchaos »

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:50 pm »
I don't think we should be listing the machines themselves in the database either. Sorry. :(

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:39:14 pm »
Ok cool, no problem, thank you guys that's why I decided I should ask.
Thank you again for the reply