Author Topic: Total Cost of Collection?  (Read 1855 times)

ziondood

Total Cost of Collection?
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:32:03 pm »
I thought there use to be a feature that added up the total cost of each item in your collection? Is that still a thing?
Not sure if this is the right spot to be posting this. Sorry if not!

abe

Re: Total Cost of Collection?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:42:08 pm »
Are you referring to total value of your collection based on the current value of the game on the VideoGamePriceChart website? If so, I'm pretty sure that was never a feature. People seem to ask for it to be implemented every now and then, but as far as I'm aware it was never a feature of VGC.

If you're referring to a total cost of your collection based on what you payed and input into VGC when you added it to your collection, I have no idea if that was once a feature.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

ziondood

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:45:30 pm »
If you're referring to a total cost of your collection based on what you payed and input into VGC when you added it to your collection, I have no idea if that was once a feature.

^^^ This!! I thought this use to be a feature, maybe I'm just crazy.

abe

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

Hmm, I've been using this site for my collection since 2011, but I can't say I ever remember that being a feature. That being said, there was a period of a couple years where I wasn't using the website regularly, so maybe it was then. I can't say for sure, unfortunately. It doesn't sound like it would be to hard to put in place though, seeing as there aren't the same issues with it as the VGPC collection values people ask for. Then again, I know more or less nothing about how to program so it's not really for me to say what features would be easy or not to put in place. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:01:26 pm »
There is currently no feature to calculate total value or worth. What you can do however is export your collection to a spreadsheet. Once in a spreadsheet editor just add up the "Purchased Price" column.

http://vgcollect.com/settings

karyann

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:31:52 am »

You're not crazy; it really was something that you could see in an older version. I remember it too  :P Currently though, badAtchaos' way seems to be the easiest one.

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 04:31:13 pm »

You're not crazy; it really was something that you could see in an older version. I remember it too  :P Currently though, badAtchaos' way seems to be the easiest one.

Yup it was definitely a field in earlier versions of VGCollect.  I remember seeing how much I had spent on my collection and immediately deleted all of the price information from my collection ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:15:18 pm »
This comic cataloging site I use, uses ComicPriceGuide values in real-time to calculate the value of your individual issues and keeps a running total:

http://www.stashmycomics.com/user-default.asp

Don't know if that helps, but it would be REALLY cool to get something similar here maybe using VideoGamePriceChart or something similar to link to.