Author Topic: Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name of?  (Read 6084 times)

dreama1

Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name of?
« on: August 08, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »
Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name? Or even more vague than that? Even fragments of memory?
Talk about it. It'll be interesting to hear even  ;D

This thread is devoted to finding out which games they might been. So write your memory that you have of that said game, and lets get a discussion going. Maybe at least some of us will come away , and have rediscovered there cherished childhood game lost in time.  :-\

dondetti

Re: Games you played as a kid but can't remember the name of?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:53:22 am »
Cool idea! Mine might be a tough one. This one was from a top down view and you played as a cockroach or some similar kind of insect. It was basically an action/puzzle hybrid as you had to make your way through some kind of dirty garbage heap. The setting was really dark and creepy, the graphics were pretty realistic for its time (early to mid 90ies), the background music consisted of primitive dark ambient/noise, like Fallout but even more stripped down. Scenes I remember: rummaging through a crushed/bloody dead rat, the first boss fight was a spider you had to lure into a lit cigarette butt to kill. As a kid this game royally freaked me out and I couldn't sleep afterwards. Now I still think about it sometimes as it was a pretty interesting and unique concept. I don't know the exact format but I'm 100% sure it was a PC type, either DOS/early Windows or Amiga.
Never heard about this game again so I don't think it was popular at all.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

thewelshman

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:43:18 am »
Cool idea! Mine might be a tough one. This one was from a top down view and you played as a cockroach or some similar kind of insect. It was basically an action/puzzle hybrid as you had to make your way through some kind of dirty garbage heap. The setting was really dark and creepy, the graphics were pretty realistic for its time (early to mid 90ies), the background music consisted of primitive dark ambient/noise, like Fallout but even more stripped down. Scenes I remember: rummaging through a crushed/bloody dead rat, the first boss fight was a spider you had to lure into a lit cigarette butt to kill. As a kid this game royally freaked me out and I couldn't sleep afterwards. Now I still think about it sometimes as it was a pretty interesting and unique concept. I don't know the exact format but I'm 100% sure it was a PC type, either DOS/early Windows or Amiga.

Was i possibly a game called "Bad Mojo?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Mojo

dondetti

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:46:59 am »

Was i possibly a game called "Bad Mojo?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Mojo

Wow, yeah I think that's it. Thanks a lot! :)
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 12:36:24 pm »
There was a restaurant near me that we went in a lot as a kid and I'd usually play on the arcade machine there. It was a football (soccer) game, very similar to International Superstar Soccer, but from what I can see there was never an arcade version of it, so I don't know what it was :(

retroone

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 01:25:45 pm »
I remember there used to be a Hot Wheels game I used to play a lot on PC. I vaguely remember it but you could race in tournaments and create you own tracks. I do remember there was a level in a kids bedroom where you were able to got out the window and explore the backyard.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 02:49:20 pm »
I remember there used to be a Hot Wheels game I used to play a lot on PC. I vaguely remember it but you could race in tournaments and create you own tracks. I do remember there was a level in a kids bedroom where you were able to got out the window and explore the backyard.

Stunt Track Driver. It was one of my favourites as a kid

retroone

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:08 pm »

Thank you so much! Now it's time to hunt down a copy on eBay.

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »

I own Stunt Track Driver and Micro Racers, both good games, but in Stunt Track Driver you couldn't race, there wasn't tournaments either. Micro Racers was all about racing. Maybe you're getting the two mixed/combined?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

stealthrush

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 12:21:09 am »
For the longest time I couldn't remember the name of this game until recently. Back around 1994-95 my family bought a Packard Bell Compaq Presario PC bundle which included Encarta Encyclopedia with a plethora of other software. One of the games I remember playing vaguely was this science-fiction adventure game similar to Myst.

Eventually recalled the game, The Journeyman Project Turbo!

retroone

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 08:23:17 am »

I own Stunt Track Driver and Micro Racers, both good games, but in Stunt Track Driver you couldn't race, there wasn't tournaments either. Micro Racers was all about racing. Maybe you're getting the two mixed/combined?

By looking at screenshots I have never played Micro Racers but it does look like a fun game. Who knows what other game I could be getting it mixed up with.  :o

telly

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:18 am »
It took me forever to remember Turok 2 that I had for Game Boy Color as a kid... I'm still trying to figure out which of the 2 Spider-man games I had  :-\ I think I had the second one?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:31 am »
I'm still trying to figure out which of the 2 Spider-man games I had  :-\ I think I had the second one?

Which system? Are you referring to the Game boy Color?

telly

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 01:17:26 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out which of the 2 Spider-man games I had  :-\ I think I had the second one?

Yeah Game Boy Color... I remember you would fight people in a park at night, and inside an apartment. I remember Doc Ock was in it too... That's all I got haha
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:19:06 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:45:38 am »

Yeah Game Boy Color... I remember you would fight people in a park at night, and inside an apartment. I remember Doc Ock was in it too... That's all I got haha

Was it Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six?