Author Topic: Orange region modded GameCube - SOLD  (Read 1711 times)

Orange region modded GameCube - SOLD
« on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:51 am »
This item has sold. Thanks for the interest.

For sale is my modified orange Nintendo GameCube. No cables or AC adapter are included. (US adapters are compatible however.) Console is in good condition. Only minor scuffs and scratches are present. The largest bit of 'damage' is on the carrying handle. See images. I’m getting rid of this item only because I just bought a complete in box unit that was in slightly better condition.

Image Gallery:
As most of you know the orange variant was only released in Japan. As a result they only play NTSC-J games. But not this one! I’ve modified the motherboard so it can be toggled between North American and Japanese modes via a switch.  My goal was to keep this unit as original looking as possible. The region switch pokes out of the rear vent so that way I didn’t have to cut any holes in the casing and ruin its appearance.

Here is a video of how I preformed the mod. Note that the console used in the video is what you’ll be getting.
https://youtu.be/FlKMq3xHzwc

To use system first select the region by moving the switch down for American or up for Japan. Insert software and power on console. It’s that easy. To test: hold the A button down on player 1 while powering on to go the system’s main menu. Once there the text will either be in English or Japanese, depending on mode you set it to.

I am asking 65 US dollars, shipped. 70 for Canada. If you’re in Europe I’d have to get an estimate. Payments must be PayPal. Upon arriving I will grant you a 7 day return period. To receive refund you must pay for return shipping.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:40:04 pm by badATchaos »

soera

Re: Orange region modded GameCube
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 12:54:37 am »
I want it. Do you happen to have an orange controller and/or the matching GB player?

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 01:00:59 am »
I do, but I'm only willing to part with a controller if you're really that interested. The only problem with my spare orange controller is that it kind of acts funny and analog stick cap is fairly worn. The innards could always be swapped out I guess.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:03:01 am by badATchaos »

soera

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:13:46 am »
No big deal. I really just want the console. :)