Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28601 times)

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2015, 07:19:58 pm »
Been a little bit since I got something physical, but with my amiibo's from Amazon coming in today, I had a few things to share for once.  Got a new 3DS case that is Zelda based, looks like a leather pouch and comes with a sword and shield topped stylus.  Overall really nice, but they kinda stupidly put the game holder underneath the loose flap, instead of inside the zipper section of the pouch the system sits in.  I don't trust putting them there, which is the one downside.  Grabbed Metal Gear Solid HD Collection so I can replay MGS3 and play Peace Walker for the first time.  After beating MGSV, I need the refresher and to learn information I didn't have.  And of course got the two Amiibos I wanted, which was Ganondorf and 8 Bit Mario.

Also got a cool poster from Gamestop for free for Mario Maker.  Don't have the game yet, but it's a nice poster of all the main Mario games.

karyann

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2015, 08:28:21 pm »
Been a little bit since I got something physical, but with my amiibo's from Amazon coming in today, I had a few things to share for once.  Got a new 3DS case that is Zelda based, looks like a leather pouch and comes with a sword and shield topped stylus.  Overall really nice, but they kinda stupidly put the game holder underneath the loose flap, instead of inside the zipper section of the pouch the system sits in.  I don't trust putting them there, which is the one downside.  Grabbed Metal Gear Solid HD Collection so I can replay MGS3 and play Peace Walker for the first time.  After beating MGSV, I need the refresher and to learn information I didn't have.  And of course got the two Amiibos I wanted, which was Ganondorf and 8 Bit Mario.

Also got a cool poster from Gamestop for free for Mario Maker.  Don't have the game yet, but it's a nice poster of all the main Mario games.

I have that pouch and it's super cool! The other stupid part though is that if you put the sword and/or shield stylus on the front, then the flap doesn't even close completely... they really didn't think about that enough  ::) Otherwise though, it's amazing, and super cool :) I love mine!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:42 pm »
That Mario Maker poster is awesome! It would go along great with the Club Nintendo Zelda timeline poster:

Very inclusive. But where's Mario Bros. (classic)?

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2015, 09:46:52 pm »
That Mario Maker poster is awesome! It would go along great with the Club Nintendo Zelda timeline poster:

Very inclusive. But where's Mario Bros. (classic)?

I figure Nintendo looks at Super Mario Bros as the real beginning of the series than what Mario Bros was, since Super is when they cemented the world and characters of Mario than the more minigame nature of Mario Bros.  I do like they make nods to Mario Bros and Wrecking Crew in Mario Maker.

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2015, 02:25:48 am »
Since I just picked up the PSTV not too long ago I've had my eye on Target, which is currently clearancing out all their Vita merch, some old PSP stuff, and others. A lot went from 30% off to 70% on Monday so time to check it out. Not all of these are gonna work on the PSTV of course, but from getting a small taste of the vita from the PSTV I'm sure I'll get an actual one at some point, plus I got my eye on a whitelist bypass. Anyway:

Vita
Freedom Wars $8.98
Mortal Kombat $5.98
Killzone Mercenary $8.98
Rayman Legends $8.98

PSP
Little Big Planet $4.16 weird price but I guess it's "as is" not technically "clearance" but it is still sealed so idk
Twisted Metal Head On $2.98
Daxter $2.98

Before this, during the weekend I checked out a Target to see if the clearance prices were adjusted to the aforementioned 70% but they had not at the time. I still got these:

Square Card Reader $2.98, good for Conventions
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $14.98 last copy so didn't want to risk it,  still a good price for MGS imo
Sim City 3000 Big box CIB Goodwill $2.99
Missile Command PS1 CIB Goodwill 99 cents
Army Man 3D PS1 was also inside the jewel case for some reason

Going to keep hitting up Targets over the weekend, so if anyone is doing the same let me know if you want to trade some clearance titles. Looking for Need for Speed Most Wanted the most.

Flashback2012

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »
This past weekend's finds...

Atari 7800

Ballblazer (CIB)
Crack'Ed (CIB)
Touchdown Football (CIB)

Books
Bonk! A Mutts Treasury (Non-Gaming)
The Best of Mutts (Non-Gaming)
Resident Evil 4 Strategy Guide

Vita
Criminal Girls: Invite Only (Found used at GameStop but upon checking the UPC on Amazon I found out this was part of the CE. I only got the game/case and not any of the extras  :'()

Interactive Figures
Zero Suit Samus Amiibo
30th Anniversary Mario (Classic Color) Amiibo
Olimar Amiibo
Ganondorf Amiibo
Bowser Jr. Amiibo
Dr. Mario Amiibo
Enchanted Star Strike (LightCore) (Swap Force)
Kickoff Countdown (Swap Force)
Gill Grunt Special Edition CIB (Giants)
Flashwing CIB (LightCore) (Swap Force)
Turbo Jet-Vac CIB (Swap Force)
Micro Comic Fun Packs Deja Vu CIB
Dark Spyro (Spyro)
Spyro (Giants)
Gill Runt (Spyro) (Mislabeled as Terrabite)
Undead Trap (Trap Team)

Gameboy

Alleyway (C) (Had the box, just missing the book)

Gameboy Advance
Tringo (C) (Completes the game as I had the box and book)

PC
Dungeons
Everquest II: Destiny of Velious

Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition (Finally found the metal packaging and slipcover  ;D)

desocietas

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2015, 12:16:16 pm »
Since I just picked up the PSTV not too long ago I've had my eye on Target, which is currently clearancing out all their Vita merch, some old PSP stuff, and others. A lot went from 30% off to 70% on Monday so time to check it out. Not all of these are gonna work on the PSTV of course, but from getting a small taste of the vita from the PSTV I'm sure I'll get an actual one at some point, plus I got my eye on a whitelist bypass. Anyway:

Vita
Freedom Wars $8.98
Mortal Kombat $5.98
Killzone Mercenary $8.98
Rayman Legends $8.98

PSP
Little Big Planet $4.16 weird price but I guess it's "as is" not technically "clearance" but it is still sealed so idk
Twisted Metal Head On $2.98
Daxter $2.98

Before this, during the weekend I checked out a Target to see if the clearance prices were adjusted to the aforementioned 70% but they had not at the time. I still got these:

Square Card Reader $2.98, good for Conventions
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $14.98 last copy so didn't want to risk it,  still a good price for MGS imo
Sim City 3000 Big box CIB Goodwill $2.99
Missile Command PS1 CIB Goodwill 99 cents
Army Man 3D PS1 was also inside the jewel case for some reason

Going to keep hitting up Targets over the weekend, so if anyone is doing the same let me know if you want to trade some clearance titles. Looking for Need for Speed Most Wanted the most.

Freedom Wars looks/plays great on the PSTV, if anything. Nice finds!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:42 pm »

My first Smash Bros Amiibo
FF Crystal Bearers
Senran Kagura Deep Crimson
MY Bizzaroflame EZ Money Shirt
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

gf78

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2015, 09:58:21 am »
Productive week!  Picked up some decent stuff and picked up an item I just couldn't pass up!

Wii U
Zombi U complete (used a $10 Gamestop coupon code and got it for about two bucks)
Toad Wii U Motion Plus controller new/sealed
Bowser Wii U Motion Plus controller new/sealed

PlayStation
Breakout complete (Goodwill find for $2)
Motocross Mania complete (Goodwill find for $2)
G Darius complete
Mortal Kombat Special Forces complete
Twisted Metal:  Small brawl complete
About 15 random demo discs...some with cases, some without.

PlayStation 2
Eternal Ring complete (Goodwill find for $3)

PlayStation 3
The Bureau:  XCOM Declassified complete
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 complete
Dead or Alive 5 new/sealed
Puppeteer new/sealed
Valkyria Chronicles complete
XCOM Enemy Unknown complete
XCOM Enemy Within complete

PlayStation 4
DualShock 4 controller like-new
Lords of the Fallen complete like-new
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign complete like-new
Destiny:  the Taken King Legendary Edition new/sealed

....and the big one....PlayStation 4 Destiny:  The Taken King 500GB Limited Edition console new/sealed!!!!!!!  That thing was just beautiful...I had to have it!  Note that I haven't opened it and it contains an additional copy of Destiny the Taken King. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:03:24 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:43 pm »
Has been some time since the last time I have purchased a title for the 360 but this one was a must have and not only because my nick name is related to it, in fact I saw it yesterdad at GameStop for only $8.65 bucks which is a very nice deal because it's complete and  also cause here at Mexico is a least $ 23 dollars plus shipping, have to admit that I was looking for the Metroid Other M but there was no copy of it so today am adding the Dead or Alive 5 to my collection  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
I finally got my two Wonderbook games!  :D I've been wanting them for so long, I don't even remember since when. Now I'm just missing Diggs Nightcrawler if I want the complete Wonderbook series :) I'll probably import it someday just for the heck of it. Someday.

And now I can't wait to dig up some dinosaurs!

abe

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »
Got some good stuff in the mail today.

-Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-Kun (GB) - I wanted to play Kid Dracula, and this was a much cheaper option than the North American version.
-Dragon Quest V (SFC)
-Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - Launch Edition (3DS) :)
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Day One Edition (PS4) - Happy to finally get this from Amazon and can't wait to start it this weekend. ;D
-Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - Double D Edition (3DS) - Nice to learn that it supports the circle pad pro, since not many games do.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:28 am »
Lucky me got this Splatoon Amiibo. Employee told me I was a lucky guy because their were about 5 other stores trying to transfer/ hold the 3 pack.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2015, 01:10:03 am »
More Target clearance things for me from a wildly inconsistent Target store clearance pricing. Pretty sure they are all priced from the same central computer, but things seemed off here. For example they had a Max Payne 3/GTA IV double pack for 360 for $7.48, yet they had the same thing for PS3 but for $28.98. A three year old Baseball game (MLB2K13) was $24.98 while last year's PS4 Baseball game (MLB 14 the show) was less than that. NHL 13 for PS3 (again a 3 year sports game) was $14.98. Strange, but anyway there was still some stuff to buy:

Vita:
Lego Chima sticker said $9.98 but it was $5.98
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus $5.98
PSP:
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker $5.98
Killzone Liberation $2.98, which I really only bought because it had an armored Grumpy Cat on the cover:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:34:20 am by marvelsofindustry »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2015, 05:11:48 am »
Killzone Liberation $2.98, which I really only bought because it had an armored Grumpy Cat on the cover:

Cannot be unseen! ;D
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE