Author Topic: Summer Stories/Trips 2015  (Read 4813 times)

dstone

PRO Supporter

Re: Summer Stories/Trips 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »
Took some time off work and drove out to San Diego for Comic-Con. Seemed quite a bit crazier than last year. Still a lot of fun, but I'll probably sit next year out and see if I can get press passes again for the following year.

kashell

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »
I returned from another fun trip to my hometown of Cleveland, OH. I stayed with family, saw old friends, made new friends, and had a grand ole' time video game hunting. I'll be back in November for more fun when one of my best friends gets married. Hopefully by then we'll have a "Fall Stories/Trips 2015" topic.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 06:14:14 pm »
Going down to San Diego this weekend for good micro brews and pizza.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »
How did I miss this thread when it first appeared?  :-[
Your timing in bumping it is excellent though, Kash, since I just got back from vacation :) You guys all seem pretty busy, but I believe that being busy is more fun than lying around doing nothing.

As for me, I visited my parents for 2 days. They were at work by day, so I took the opportunity for some lone work. Having read a lot about the KonMari decluttering method recently (I'm kind of an organizing maniac haha), I gathered all my belongings that I had stored in my bedroom there and started sorting it out. In just my old bedroom, I could throw away 3 garbage bags, recycled 3, donated 3 garbage bags of clothes, and kept 1 bag of things to sell. That's 10 big garbage bags, only out of a small bedroom! I couldn't believe how much I had in there  :o The part of my collection that was stored away in piles of boxes is now displayed on shelves and stored neatly in drawers.

That's probably not the idea of "fun vacation" that most people have, but I really had a fun time going through everything, I swear  :P

gf78

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:59 am »
Your timing in bumping it is excellent though, Kash, since I just got back from vacation :) You guys all seem pretty busy, but I believe that being busy is more fun than lying around doing nothing.

As for me, I visited my parents for 2 days. They were at work by day, so I took the opportunity for some lone work. Having read a lot about the KonMari decluttering method recently (I'm kind of an organizing maniac haha), I gathered all my belongings that I had stored in my bedroom there and started sorting it out. In just my old bedroom, I could throw away 3 garbage bags, recycled 3, donated 3 garbage bags of clothes, and kept 1 bag of things to sell. That's 10 big garbage bags, only out of a small bedroom! I couldn't believe how much I had in there  :o The part of my collection that was stored away in piles of boxes is now displayed on shelves and stored neatly in drawers.

That's probably not the idea of "fun vacation" that most people have, but I really had a fun time going through everything, I swear  :P

Sounds fun to me.  Finding old stuff from your youth...that's like finding hidden or long lost treasures!  I remember finding a carrying case of Hot Wheels from you early years along with a Transformers puzzle and some Star Wars coloring books.  It was awesome!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »

Sounds fun to me.  Finding old stuff from your youth...that's like finding hidden or long lost treasures!  I remember finding a carrying case of Hot Wheels from you early years along with a Transformers puzzle and some Star Wars coloring books.  It was awesome!

I love going through all my old arts/crafts that I made when I was 5/6/7 :) I think in one of my drawings I included the TV man in my family picture.  :P
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

karyann

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 06:06:04 pm »
Yes, gotta love all those silly things that you'd forgotten about! I did find a hockey puck signed by the captain of my high school Midget AAA team, and the guy is now in the Montreal Canadiens. That was a pretty cool thing to find again!